3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Nerei
General
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by Nerei »

I am slowly getting some default textures done for the above aircraft so they would actually be usable. Blank red does not work very well I find.

Also speaking of red textures here is an untextured C-5 Galaxy. Yet another "left too long incomplete" model. I decided to check when the C-5 was brought up and it turns out I have an incomplete version.

Here is the default version of the 747-400F. It is loosely based on an paintscheme used on some Atlas Air 747's. from what I can find they are the largest operator of cargo 747's. I mostly picked this as I did not want to make another flat grey aircraft (and with default aircraft I tend to try and avoid anything too distinctly related to any specific nation).

Not really sure I want to do anything else with the 747 model except maybe make a KC-747 aerial refueling aircraft. The US air force was considering it though it lost the McDonnell Douglas DC-10 based KC-10 Extender. The Imperial Iranian Air Force though bought a few and they are still in service with the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force.
Making a passenger variant like the 400ER D or 8I feels pointless as they really are not military aircraft and all they can carry is ULD's and basic infantry. Basically in-game they would mostly just be supply flow.
I could make the YAL-1 sure but while the concept is interesting I do not find the model to be and the game really does not do the "flying ABM platform" as it most definitely is not a strategic bomber. The best representation would probably be an interceptor or recon with only high air attack and a ridiculous range of 600km. It is not designed to and would have a hard time engaging enemy aircraft. Chances are it would die to air to air missiles before it even knew the enemy was there as its target detection system was designed to detect ballistic missiles which are not exactly shielding their thermal emissions.

A more interesting question is regional variants of the 747-400F.
A lot of civilian companies operate it but having say ROK/South Korean aircraft painted say like this Korean Air Cargo aircraft just does not feel right.
Yes it could be a charter aircraft but really that is just something you would do in an emergency not in general. Also you would not build them just grab them out of the civilian sector.

Honestly the only ones I have found that does not feel too "civilian aircraft" other than naturally VC-25A would be something like these two (yes there are government operators like Saudi Arabia but that is such a wide group that doing too much with it is hard).
The first one is one of two 747-400 formerly operated by the Japanese government (hard to notice I know) and the second one while a civilian airliner is Air China back when that really meant "we are a state owned company operated by the PRC".
The basic colouring also reminds me of this Shaanxi Y-8 which for the record is what I based the PRC version of the An-12/Y-8 on.
That said except for the 5 star red flag it also resembles Russian Air Force Il76's but that is another story.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

So here is the first version of the next set of models pre-release 01. Keep in mind that this is a pre-release. I have tested them but not extensively. They should work but it is entirely possible I have broken something somewhere.

This includes:
1590 - Ki-44 Shoki
1867 - C-33/747-400F
1924 - Arado Ar-234 (includes optional version with a swastika finflash)
1927 - Horten Ho-229
1929 - Westland Wyvern
1965 - Type 74 Nana-Yon mod G MBT
1966 - Type 74 Nana-Yon Urban kit MBT
2009 - Douglas A1D Skyraider
2025 - Fiat BR.20
2026 - Renault FT-17
2027 - Boeing B-29 Superfortress
2048 - Site 110
2049 - Launch Complex 39

link
Note that there are no UGBITS so far.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

great going to give them a test out I'll report back normally its only sizing that there is a problem if at all [_]B :D
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Added a B-47 Stratojet to the pre-release folder.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

no had much chance to get on been pretty busy with work but I had a quick look last night at the 747/C-33 very nice :D
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

M113 and Chieftain. The camouflage pattern is generic desert based on the pattern found on say UAE Armed Forces Leclercs.

The M113 is mostly the way I want it. I might adjust the weathering a bit depending on patterns but it has the props and general details I want on it.

The Chieftain is mostly an attempt at making a Mk. III vehicle but the general lack of references for specific versions means that I have had to basically rely on what I can find. In many cases pictures are also just labelled as being of Chieftains and not specific models of them.
The Chieftain still needs some details and I want some dirt and weathering on it.
The plan is for the black parts of the bustle rack to be transparent in the final version. Also I am not sure much I will put into it if anything on the final version of the vehicle. On the other hand stealing props on the top of the M113 and loading them on the Chieftain would be quite simple and there are space on the UV map.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Both look great :D
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

My collection of B-52 Stratofortresses
From back to front it is B, D, G and H variants. Front Row is US rear row is generic.

The US variants are derived from existing aircraft though the camouflage pattern itself on the B-52G is not based on any particular aircraft.
These are:
Strategic Air Command, 95th Bombardment wing B-52B Stratofortress roughly 1959-1966
Strategic Air Command, 494th Bombardment wing B-52D Stratofortress roughly 1965
Strategic Air Command, 72nd Strategic wing early model B-52G as painted around the time of Operation Linebacker II, December 1972.
Strategic Air Command, 416th Bombardment wing b-52H Stratofortress roughly 1990.

In terms of appearance these 4 largely covers everything that entered full production (e.g. not the B-47 style tandem cockpit found on prototypes) except for late version B-52G that have the lower nose sensor pods found on the H variant but still retains the 4x .50 M2 in the tail (H has a 20mm Vulcan).
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Wow thats a pretty complete collection not sure about green for the genric H though
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I mostly went with green to stay somewhat close to the gunship-grey of the US Air Force H Stratosaur. I can experiment with doing something else with it. Also I might end up making a few Z variants. Particularly the generic D variant is fairly temperate or tropic in its pattern.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

More stratosaur work.
Reworked Generic H and added Z variant to D and H variants. The Z variants exist mainly as the H and D generics are anything but desert camouflage. D is based on an Iraqi Tu-16 and H is derived from a collection of Egyptian and Libyan aircraft photos.

sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Actually that green in the camo looks pretty good now love abit a desert camo as well :D
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

There seems to be an issue with these 2

2048 - Site 110
2049 - Launch Complex 39

Can't get either to show in-game at mo
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Not really sure what i can suggest. Those two are some of the most tested models i have made recently. I have tried them both with a picnummesh replacement as well as new picnums entry and all worked fine all the time I tried them.

Do you have the files
UNIT2048,x
UNIT2049.x
LC39_tx.dds
Si110_tx.dds

as well as the picnums entries

2048, 0, 1, , , 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, , , , , 0, 2, , , , , , , 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 2048 , , , , , , 0.085, Site 110,
2049, 0, 1, , , 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, , , , , 0, 2, , , , , , , 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 2049 , , , , , , 0.085, LC 39,
?
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Nerei wrote: Nov 04 2020 Not really sure what i can suggest. Those two are some of the most tested models I have made recently. I have tried them both with a picnummesh replacement as well as new picnums entry and all worked fine all the time I tried them.
Sorry working now somehow I missed those 2 picnum off the list at the bottom :oops:

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”