Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Ver. Changelog 9.2.5 Inauguration Bonus Map Update

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.2.2

Post by Balthagor »

evildari wrote: Apr 24 2020 Mapeditor stops responding (completely even waiting several minutes wont help) after using the "fill" terrain function (not always, not even at every first time)
Maybe it is an issue with the autobackup before(?) every fill operation.
Usually its very easy to trigger this by filling even a small area with the "impassible" terrain.

A suggestion for the mapeditor: since the dawn of (ultra)wide monitors there is more space to the left and right than top to bottom, would it be possible to use the sides to have a larger list (facilities&terrain) to reduce scrolling?
I've tried to recreate this and can't. I tried with an Arena map and with the Global Crisis map. I tried small areas and large areas. It all worked for me.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.2.1

Post by Balthagor »

milivoje02 wrote: Apr 27 2020 In update 9.2.2 same things happen. Both for leaders and for meshes of units.
I just tested leaders. I got to Jun of 2020 and the leaders of Poland/Moldova did not change. Some of the leader changes are still in because that's when their next elections happen and we don't yet know who will win the election.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Balthagor wrote: Apr 27 2020 I'm retesting the leaders.
milivoje02 wrote: Apr 27 2020 About the meshes,look my comment # 35 in this chapter(9 cometnt up in this capter)..
About the scale? I already indicated we would not be able to review unit scales for this update.
It is not about the size of the unit. At the center of the picture is a German leopard 2 who at the moment loses the camouflage of the German army and save game must bee reloaded to bring camouflage back. It happens at random with every country on the map.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Oh! Regional textures! I had not understood that before. Okay, now I know what I'm looking for. I'll test.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SGTscuba
General

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.2.1

Post by SGTscuba »

Balthagor wrote: Apr 27 2020
milivoje02 wrote: Apr 27 2020 In update 9.2.2 same things happen. Both for leaders and for meshes of units.
I just tested leaders. I got to Jun of 2020 and the leaders of Poland/Moldova did not change. Some of the leader changes are still in because that's when their next elections happen and we don't yet know who will win the election.
Tried again, leader of Belarus changed to generic this time. Played until sep 20, 2020, all I did was reload the save to get the leader to change to the generic.

Heres the save:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dhov51uyqt82o ... 0.zip?dl=0
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Great Balthagor,i hope I was helphul. 8O
Picture about leaders.
lider1.gif
Date December 10 2020. Belarus have in game governmment dictatorship. And it s happend also to ledaer of Poland in 2020(election in 2023),USA and each country at rendom... Even that avatar who comes instead region leader change randomly after a few weeks.
Again great innovation option to change player country ih the save game. 8O
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Yes, those events will stay. It's in the future, there is no way to know who will win.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Honestly I liked more the leaderless variant as it was beforeto be,with the generated avatars for each country...
But it may be annoying for some to see these avatars change a few times before the election in some country(not to me). Generally thing that it bothering me is when some countries do not have some units in reginal group wich they need. As AI does not buy the design but devolop units from a regional group and there fore he appear too weak with some countries. That's good for players why don't like to play harder and more tactically demanding games. They like easier way(they buy with deffered payment unit designe form other countries on first day of playing) and to play against unarmed countries. But for those who love to make war and economic tactics and to make a plan to manage it until they develop the units they need when playing with some country(that is me :o 8O ) is bad.
Last edited by milivoje02 on Apr 27 2020, edited 1 time in total.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

easy solution:
remove all the useless faces, and replace it with some more important stat: like number of deployed units or military production capabilities.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Or population casulties :D

Someone had to mention that, bye bye community.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

milivoje02 wrote: Apr 27 2020 lider1.gif
Wrong purely aesthetical thing (leader picture) = everyone loses their mind
India military in Poland/Belarus = another day in SR universe :D
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Balthagor wrote: Apr 27 2020
evildari wrote: Apr 24 2020 Mapeditor stops responding (completely even waiting several minutes wont help) after using the "fill" terrain function (not always, not even at every first time)
Maybe it is an issue with the autobackup before(?) every fill operation.
Usually its very easy to trigger this by filling even a small area with the "impassible" terrain.

A suggestion for the mapeditor: since the dawn of (ultra)wide monitors there is more space to the left and right than top to bottom, would it be possible to use the sides to have a larger list (facilities&terrain) to reduce scrolling?
I've tried to recreate this and can't. I tried with an Arena map and with the Global Crisis map. I tried small areas and large areas. It all worked for me.
Issue is still there in todays 9.2.3.(1) update (the (1) as shown in the .exe files properties file version).
I would not post it, if it was a single digit percentage chance.
Issue happens with several (did not test all) scenarios which were available to be loaded, global crisis was not there (i guess i have to copy the scenario file to custom).
It is not critical, but it would be nice to have since this function is very useful - especially in easy "repainting" infosets.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Can anyone else reproduce this issue?

I'll do some more testing of it this week.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Balthagor wrote: May 03 2020 Can anyone else reproduce this issue?

I'll do some more testing of it this week.
Its happened to me.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”