[MOD] Cold War Enhanced (1.3.2)

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ThatGuyWhoGames7891
Corporal
Posts: 4
Joined: Feb 17 2020
Human: Yes

Re: [MOD] Cold War Enhanced (1.3)

Post by ThatGuyWhoGames7891 »

How do I install this mod?
User avatar
Viper151
Warrant Officer
Posts: 35
Joined: Aug 12 2016
Human: Yes
Location: X: 460 Y: 176
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Cold War Enhanced (1.3)

Post by Viper151 »

ThatGuyWhoGames7891 wrote:
Feb 19 2020
How do I install this mod?
Image
Cold War Enhanced Mod: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=29123
Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/bYvRMUP
ThatGuyWhoGames7891
Corporal
Posts: 4
Joined: Feb 17 2020
Human: Yes

Re: [MOD] Cold War Enhanced (1.3)

Post by ThatGuyWhoGames7891 »

Thank you! This mod looks cool!
ThatGuyWhoGames7891
Corporal
Posts: 4
Joined: Feb 17 2020
Human: Yes

Re: [MOD] Cold War Enhanced (1.3)

Post by ThatGuyWhoGames7891 »

Does this mod change leaders of the European nations to the correct ones according to in-game time? For example, does Winston Churchill stop being the leader of the U.K. after 1964(?) because that is when he dies in real life? Also what do you mean by de-colonization of Africa being fixed? Are the leaders of Africa given pictures of real-life figures and not the in-game custom models?
User avatar
Viper151
Warrant Officer
Posts: 35
Joined: Aug 12 2016
Human: Yes
Location: X: 460 Y: 176
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Cold War Enhanced (1.3)

Post by Viper151 »

ThatGuyWhoGames7891 wrote:
Mar 22 2020
Does this mod change leaders of the European nations to the correct ones according to in-game time? For example, does Winston Churchill stop being the leader of the U.K. after 1964(?) because that is when he dies in real life? Also what do you mean by de-colonization of Africa being fixed? Are the leaders of Africa given pictures of real-life figures and not the in-game custom models?
First off I feel the need to note this mod is running off a heavily modified version of the vanilla cold war scenario from 2017 with persistent custom updates, so some minor changes may not be relevant to the current vanilla cold war scenario.

Some leaders we're properly placed in their position when needed, such as leader changes in the USSR, USA, Brazil (Getúlio Vargus coming back for a bit), Georgy Malenkov(after Stalin for a few months was not put into the game), In multiplayer if you played as a country with a unique leader, it would not change as that was disabled, but in the mod it is not. Due to the large amount of time needed to make portraits of leaders, at this point in time if the next leader is not present in the game already, we just have the next leader be a random as a place holder. Thank you for mentioning Winston Churchill, I will have to check that out and add to my tracking system if necessary.

As for Africa Decolonization there were many errors such as Sudan not gaining independence in 1956, the Mali Federation became broken between a game update (see note above), Northern Rhodesia not being renamed to Zambia, Spanish Morocco would not join Morocco when it historically did, incorrect independence dates, incorrect independence government types, and most importantly the all decolonization events we're not enabled in multiplayer. All of those we're fixed. There is also some other fixes such as a custom Belgium Congo flag, custom Mali Federation flag, giving parts of some colonies their own loyalty (Congo, W.Africa (Mali), Equatorial Africa (Gabon). Similar changes were applied to the rest of the map, including the First Indochina war.

Most importantly this mod covers the entire glob of changes and some we're not recorded or we're lost which is why I use a bug tracking system now. To see a detailed account of changes made see the README.txt or README.md for a complete list of changes included in each distribution.
Cold War Enhanced Mod: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=29123
Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/bYvRMUP
ThatGuyWhoGames7891
Corporal
Posts: 4
Joined: Feb 17 2020
Human: Yes

Re: [MOD] Cold War Enhanced (1.3)

Post by ThatGuyWhoGames7891 »

Viper151 wrote:
Mar 23 2020
ThatGuyWhoGames7891 wrote:
Mar 22 2020
Does this mod change leaders of the European nations to the correct ones according to in-game time? For example, does Winston Churchill stop being the leader of the U.K. after 1964(?) because that is when he dies in real life? Also what do you mean by de-colonization of Africa being fixed? Are the leaders of Africa given pictures of real-life figures and not the in-game custom models?
First off I feel the need to note this mod is running off a heavily modified version of the vanilla cold war scenario from 2017 with persistent custom updates, so some minor changes may not be relevant to the current vanilla cold war scenario.

Some leaders we're properly placed in their position when needed, such as leader changes in the USSR, USA, Brazil (Getúlio Vargus coming back for a bit), Georgy Malenkov(after Stalin for a few months was not put into the game), In multiplayer if you played as a country with a unique leader, it would not change as that was disabled, but in the mod it is not. Due to the large amount of time needed to make portraits of leaders, at this point in time if the next leader is not present in the game already, we just have the next leader be a random as a place holder. Thank you for mentioning Winston Churchill, I will have to check that out and add to my tracking system if necessary.

As for Africa Decolonization there were many errors such as Sudan not gaining independence in 1956, the Mali Federation became broken between a game update (see note above), Northern Rhodesia not being renamed to Zambia, Spanish Morocco would not join Morocco when it historically did, incorrect independence dates, incorrect independence government types, and most importantly the all decolonization events we're not enabled in multiplayer. All of those we're fixed. There is also some other fixes such as a custom Belgium Congo flag, custom Mali Federation flag, giving parts of some colonies their own loyalty (Congo, W.Africa (Mali), Equatorial Africa (Gabon). Similar changes were applied to the rest of the map, including the First Indochina war.

Most importantly this mod covers the entire glob of changes and some we're not recorded or we're lost which is why I use a bug tracking system now. To see a detailed account of changes made see the README.txt or README.md for a complete list of changes included in each distribution.
Wow that sounds like a lot of work. If you need help with anything, I can assist. Not with coding stuff, but I can look up the leaders. As for editing their changing facial expressions, that seems like it would take a long time so if you were to implement the leaders' portraits I would merely insert the non-edited photographs of them. I mean that is what the devs did with almost every country in the Great War iteration. It just bothered me that they never put in the leaders after the late 40's/early 50's; not even the non-edited pictures you could download off of Wikipedia. I am currently playing as China up until the present day, but in the cold war scenario and it's irritating seeing the historical inaccuracies in the game. Thank you for being responsive as you must have so much things to do on top of this mod.
User avatar
Viper151
Warrant Officer
Posts: 35
Joined: Aug 12 2016
Human: Yes
Location: X: 460 Y: 176
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Cold War Enhanced (1.3.1)

Post by Viper151 »

Update 14(1.3.1 Steam):
-Added mod to Steam Workshop. (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2037950289)
-Added early Sudan flag.
-Added Spanish localization.
*Minor Fixes
Cold War Enhanced Mod: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=29123
Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/bYvRMUP
Saad Salman
Corporal
Posts: 6
Joined: Apr 20 2020
Human: Yes

Re: [MOD] Cold War Enhanced (1.3.1)

Post by Saad Salman »

Viper151 wrote:
Jul 03 2018
Current Version 1.3.1 (3/28/2020)

Description:
Cold War Enhanced
...
This mod does not work for me, I select the first one cold war enhanced and whenever I choose any country, it briefly changes to Egypt and then I am back to main menu

[Edit by moderator; trimmed the quote for readability]
User avatar
Viper151
Warrant Officer
Posts: 35
Joined: Aug 12 2016
Human: Yes
Location: X: 460 Y: 176
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Cold War Enhanced (1.3.1)

Post by Viper151 »

Saad Salman wrote:
Apr 20 2020
Viper151 wrote:
Jul 03 2018
Current Version 1.3.1 (3/28/2020)

Description:
Cold War Enhanced
...
This mod does not work for me, I select the first one cold war enhanced and whenever I choose any country, it briefly changes to Egypt and then I am back to main menu

[Edit by moderator; trimmed the quote for readability]
Is your game version 9.1.250? Cold War Enhanced is currently compatible with version 9.1.250.
Also try to reinstall the mod and make sure all of the files are put in the corresponding folder.

Let me know if that does not help.
Cold War Enhanced Mod: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=29123
Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/bYvRMUP
Saad Salman
Corporal
Posts: 6
Joined: Apr 20 2020
Human: Yes

Re: [MOD] Cold War Enhanced (1.3.1)

Post by Saad Salman »

I will check it next time I open my laptop
User avatar
Viper151
Warrant Officer
Posts: 35
Joined: Aug 12 2016
Human: Yes
Location: X: 460 Y: 176
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Cold War Enhanced (1.3.1)

Post by Viper151 »

Just posting a status update to this mod.

At the time the workshop update for the game came out, I was in the mist of completing a senior project and taking final exams. The past few days I have been able to start updating the mod which should contain a few fixes and no real big changes other than a new map with more rubber and fixing Austria to be playable again. Features introduced in the previous game updates will be added to this mod, and the units will be updated to the current vanilla units (which received a few more).

On another note I spent all winter working on a new tech system that is intended to prevent countries from getting too far ahead in tech. I intend on releasing a modified 1914 start this summer with it to get feedback, however it is only good till 1920 where the vanilla tech takes back the lead. As part of the tech balance system in the works, we need feedback from the community to determine what 2 effects are best suited for each decade. Please fill out this form/survey here: https://forms.gle/7G8boRDAQVMvoJKc7

Thank you for your patience.
Cold War Enhanced Mod: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=29123
Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/bYvRMUP
User avatar
Viper151
Warrant Officer
Posts: 35
Joined: Aug 12 2016
Human: Yes
Location: X: 460 Y: 176
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Cold War Enhanced (1.3.2)

Post by Viper151 »

Update 15(1.3.2 Steam):
-Added new map with more rubber spots and starting plantations around the world.
-Updated mod to include previous update new mechanics.
*Fixed unplayable Austria
*Minor diplomatic changes.
Cold War Enhanced Mod: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=29123
Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/bYvRMUP
Hybrid warfare
Private
Posts: 1
Joined: Jul 03 2020
Human: Yes

Re: [MOD] Cold War Enhanced (1.3.2)

Post by Hybrid warfare »

I have been playing SR for more than a decade now and trust me you have done an amazing job to fix all these issues. However, I would have preferred keeping the entire USSR as a one country, but the regions with respective republic loyalty. Nonetheless, the mod sounds awesome. I will download this. I have few questions though and few suggestions. Does this work on trump rising?
I tbh am a little disappointed with BG for not being able to take this game to a level it deserves. We live in a age of hybrid and proxy warfare yet the game offer very little of it.
I tbh have no idea how modding works but if possible I would love to see the following changes.

-Adding an option of popping up, funding and arming isurgencies in rival countries.

-More importance of economy like a failing economy can reduce the country's harmony, increasing regional loyalty over a national loyalty, fueling regionalism and separatism. Like if we can two loyalty graphs or percentage on different regions of a country. If situations not addressed, can actually lead up to a total dismemberment like the USSR or Yugoslavia.

-Adding efficiency/quality factor on a country's produced consumer goods, so if u have lower efficient consumer goods, you wouldn't be able to sell and make money out it. At the moment, you can just build consumer goods facilities, sell them and make money easily.

-Another thing would be to tempt AI to request purchase of military units once feel encircled or threatened.

-Allowing construction of bases on allied countries.

-More internal politics, more focus on country's stability. Groups, organizations, regions that can be exploited by the enemy. More focus on hybrid warfare.
kampi12345
Corporal
Posts: 3
Joined: Feb 29 2020
Human: Yes

Re: [MOD] Cold War Enhanced (1.3.2)

Post by kampi12345 »

Could you please share the csv file in common?
sorry for my bad english I use google translation.
Saad Salman
Corporal
Posts: 6
Joined: Apr 20 2020
Human: Yes

Re: [MOD] Cold War Enhanced (1.3.2)

Post by Saad Salman »

Nice mod
When will you release the WW3 feature I am tired of searching SRU World War 3 it would be very nice if you make one
Post Reply

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”