Broken military

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

jonsteen
Corporal
Human: Yes

Broken military

Post by jonsteen »

I am playing 1936 sandbox on 9.1.250 and the AI seems completely lost. First, USA stopped producing everything. Now I am at war with the USA and their units just sit around, they don't even bother trying to move them. War in Europe halted completely also, with Germany stuck in dutch front for 4 years now. I am not sure if they all ran out of military goods or something, but the AI in game seems to have completely stopped moving units. Is this normal?
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Broken military

Post by GIJoe597 »

There could be a worldwide shortage of a product, perhaps Military Goods. But any resource which MG requires could also be an issue. You can check by clicking on Military Goods, then looking at Import. If the chance to import is good or above no shortage, if it is low or below, that may be the issue.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
jonsteen
Corporal

Post by jonsteen »

The cause is a major shortage of oil. I am disappointed, since it was working pretty well in older versions.

Edit: Did some more testing, loaded the game on MP to see wtf USA is doing. They have a consumption of 10mi daily barrels of oil, way above their 4mi production. But I can't figure what is using it, the Matereials screens only show 2.7mi for civ usage. I tried clearing orders for all units, but the usage doesn't change, so what is using all this oil? The industry is currently completely stopped for lack of oil

Edit2.: Seems that scrapping all units massively drop fuel usage. They are computing highly daily usage, even being completely stopped. It seems the system is completely broken in this version.
woodtick1168
Private

Post by woodtick1168 »

Check domestic use of oil. I turn domestic cost up to minimize civilian use. I saw this tip in some other thread on steam and it has helped me playing as USA.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”