Which Ai Stance is the most realistic?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Viranto
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Which Ai Stance is the most realistic?

Post by Viranto »

Hello, I'm completly new to SRUltimate and have my first problem. On the default setting, China declars war on nearly everybody in the first month.
I'm more the realistic player. I need wars of course, but some diplomacy, too.
I don't will a game where the complete ai think "conquer the world is the only solution". I wish me more wars because of an bad relationship, or because of a evil task like north korea attack southkorea and now other countries must help the south. Such things, also a more realistic behavior.

Which one must i choose? passiv? defensiv? unpredictable? Which one is the 2020 version? :D Like in the real world.

Would the ai do anything on passiv or defensiv? Because i don't will be the warmonger. I want to intervene in wars and help.

(or is there maybe a mod which make the 2020 more realistic?)
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Which Ai Stance is the most realistic?

Post by Uriens »

I suggest you use low volatility and default stance. You will get wars once in a while but nothing too much at once. Still, some nations go crazy on their neighbors no matter what stance you chose. You can't do much about it without more serious modding.
Viranto
Sergeant

Post by Viranto »

Uriens wrote: Feb 06 2020 I suggest you use low volatility and default stance. You will get wars once in a while but nothing too much at once. Still, some nations go crazy on their neighbors no matter what stance you chose. You can't do much about it without more serious modding.
But with low volatility there would be no alliance or? Also nobody would help a land?
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

There can be alliances with low volatility, it will take time though. Player can make alliances with pretty much anyone on any volatility if he 'donates' enough money frequently. Gifting units and resources will boost relations too.
You also don't need full alliance. Having a defensive pact with another region, vision and land (air and sea optional) treaty is enough to allow you to help that region if it goes to war using proxy warfare feature.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

setting diplomacy to very easy should help even the computer regions with alliances
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

If you give China, North Korea and Russia about 300 embassies total (which they have in RL) and remove 100 embassies from US you will get realistic stance on default. The oversea US bases wouldnt hurt to be add to the map too. In one of the scenarios putting US on agressive would actually help with the long distance they have to cover.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

there is no embassy building in the game (at least not in the insider build)... HUH
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

Rosalis wrote: Feb 07 2020 If you give China, North Korea and Russia about 300 embassies total (which they have in RL) and remove 100 embassies from US you will get realistic stance on default. The oversea US bases wouldnt hurt to be add to the map too. In one of the scenarios putting US on agressive would actually help with the long distance they have to cover.
what game are u talking about?
Con forza ed ardimento
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Its not a building, its a treaty and you have to use your imagination there is a building. I know its hard. That's how it work tho. And its very realistic. If China got no embassy in Japan, South Korea or the rest of the Asian countries for that mather, how would they resolve their differences or the other way arround?

Anyway i did give them years ago and i get realistic stance. I know its taboo to nerf anything on USA and actually balance red sphere so whatever do with it what you like. If you add US oversea bases, also add treaties for Russia and China, so you actually give them a chance.

For example Iraq kicked US out of their country, because they also have treaties with Russia, Iran and Syria. So US being the agressor their treaties should be cancelled, except the embassies (guess they still like US dollars). You will see things like this happen if you make things connect. If its just the West as US being overpowered, ofcourse you get west against isolated Russia and China in every game and everyone turning blue if you turn on sphere. There is no alternative.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

well then you should write "treaties" cause they are in game
yea diplomatic relations are not the strongest point here. - thats why i also suggested to set diplomatic diff. to the lowest to see more diplomatic exchanges and treaties.

my current bad example:
US declared war on my region, we both never set a single pair of boots on each shores, but i get messages for decades to be nice to my enemies else i face <whatever bad
the game is supposed to do> - so the USis my only enemy in a "war" they started and i get any of the severe issues that follow this.
my mods
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

In what way AI of USA will get involved in war in Europe?
Russia manages to conquer Poland, Germany,Turkey and all countries with alliance come to help except USA.
Offical scenario world 2020. Medium volatility and default stance.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

I think i only saw USA involved on agressive stance, you could try to give them agressive in the .CVP file. I basicly wanted to put in 1 short post what the problem is.

If you give them oversea bases that would be a big help for US. If they are in europe and they need to get to a barrack.... default stance might be enough then. I think on agressive stance it ignores loyalty, so it defends non loyal hexes better.

On the other hand on defensive AI uses their troops more in stacks and artillery and AA clooser to the front, so yea, that's one of the reasons why i requested to change AI stance during a save.
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Rosalis wrote: Feb 07 2020 I think i only saw USA involved on agressive stance, you could try to give them agressive in the .CVP file. I basicly wanted to put in 1 short post what the problem is.

If you give them oversea bases that would be a big help for US. If they are in europe and they need to get to a barrack.... default stance might be enough then. I think on agressive stance it ignores loyalty, so it defends non loyal hexes better.
I tried virtually all combinations. when set agresive AI USA will not send units to Europe not even when the war is announced to her. And with the same set the Germany knows to send all forces to Venezuela. So what is wrong with AI of USA?
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

I mean if they annex Mexico and Cuba and hardly got any treaties in europe why would they care? Its hard to say what happened in your save game. If Mexico got atleast an embassy with China and Russia, and Cuba got some sort of alliance, USA would think twice, and might put their interest elsewhere.

On the other hand Germany is set to agressive and some essential embassies are removed in some scenarios, so they care less and are less impressed.

Claiming that US doesnt send units doesnt help the discussion since i can actually hand over save games where AI of USA defend or annex Europe, Middle East or Asia for that mather.
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Rosalis wrote: Feb 07 2020 I mean if they annex Mexico and Cuba and hardly got any treaties in europe why would they care? Its hard to say what happened in your save game. If Mexico got atleast an embassy with China and Russia, and Cuba got some sort of alliance, USA would think twice, and put their interest elsewhere.

On the other hand Germany is set to agressive and some essential embassies are removed in some scenarios, so they care less and are less impressed.

Claiming that US doesnt send units doesnt help the discussion since i can actually hand over save games where AI of USA defend or annex Europe, Middle East or Asia for that mather.
On the Medium volatility and default stance. Russia enters Polan,every conutry from NATO(24 ally) ally come to help except USA. Same when Russia after Poland come on Germany.You can do it right at the beginning of the the game.
On agresive volatility and agresive stance. Every county going to war on every continent,only USA remains on the American continent.
And in the past and present, the USA knew to go to war on all continents of world. And NATO? they are in charge there and USA dont send units when NATO country is under atack and collapse. And in reality they have bases in both Europe and the Middle East.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”