Unit Vision 2.1.245

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Unit Vision 2.1.245

Post by Balthagor »

Working with it. Of note, Green Berets are spotting strength 180, which is a bit higher than, say, infantry (150) but units that are not moving, entrenched in a city do get a stealth bonus.

More to come...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
YaYo7
Lieutenant

Post by YaYo7 »

Balthagor, is it possible in the future to change Spotting types to - Anti air(searches and detects only air targets), Multirole(searches and detects any targets), land/naval(searches and detects only land/naval targets)?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

No, we can't separate the two versions into 3 values, that would require a total rewrite of the engine and would make the game more complex than we want it to be.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Have to say I don't have any issues with visibility. But I tend to attach recon units to my formations all the time.
Please teach AI everything!
YaYo7
Lieutenant

Post by YaYo7 »

I would note one more nuance. Ground-based air defense systems vs air units. The SAM's covering the city do not see enemy fighters flying nearby. Example: S-300(does not move when defending a city or other object) with spotting range 130km does not detect air targets with stealth 30. In the context air units vs air/land/naval units, new spotting system It works correctly, it seems!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

YaYo7 wrote: Dec 05 2019 I would note one more nuance. Ground-based air defense systems vs air units. The SAM's covering the city do not see enemy fighters flying nearby. Example: S-300(does not move when defending a city or other object) with spotting range 130km does not detect air targets with stealth 30. In the context air units vs air/land/naval units, new spotting system It works correctly, it seems!
Yeah, this sounds correct to me. I seem to recall those units having low spotting, that you need recon units to make them most effective.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Most annoying side-effect of this "blindness"is that enemy units simply pass through my defense lines (hexes already occupied by my forces, multiple ones). They just pass through like the hex was unoccupied...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Could we get a copy of your savegame as well?

We agree that something is "not quite right" but some parts of the new spotting system we still believe to be better. We're doing some changes to how it works for a better overall gameplay experience.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Thank you to everyone that reported this bug and gave us more info on it, even after we told you that we didn't see it :)

A definite and sneaky little bug that shows up more in certain conditions than others. (Silly mistyped variable, "mhpp.luhp" instead of "mhp.luhp" - bad variable names for the win!) The result is that the spotting code often checked a unit's visibility against a different unit than it was supposed to, so depending upon who else was in the area you get different results.

It is fixed in V 247 and that should be up on insider build Friday for further testing.

Again thank you all for catching and reporting this - you guys are the best !

-- George.
Micheal Berg
Captain

Post by Micheal Berg »

Thanks BG
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Thanks guys