Suggestion: make AI go to war for regions (battlezones) instead of annexing whole countries

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Suggestion: make AI go to war for regions (battlezones) instead of annexing whole countries

Post by Kristijonas »

Balthagor wrote: Nov 21 2019 [*] Button added to liberate non-loyal territory in selected battlezone
Many wars in real life happen over small areas (Abhkazia, Ossetia, Crimea, Vilnius, Klaipėda, Carpathia, Falkand Islands, etc.

In Supreme Ruler wars usually happen ALL OUT.

Would it be possible for the developers to tweak the game a bit to perhaps make some of the wars in the game REGIONAL? As in, an algorithm would select one region for a country to take and then after it is taken, they would stop expanding and try to sue for peace.

What do you think @Battlegoat, is it possible and/or desirable to add to the game in any form?

If implemented, this change could greatly enhance the game's enjoyability long-term, as long games tend to result in just several big country blobs around the world.
arakan94
Lieutenant

Re: Suggestion: make AI go to war for regions (battlezones) instead of annexing whole countries

Post by arakan94 »

Regional wars would make for much more interesting and realistic games.. I would love to have that as an game option..
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Suggestion: make AI go to war for regions (battlezones) instead of annexing whole countries

Post by Balthagor »

I'm not entirely sure what this would look like. We'd need more info to comment on the feasibility.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

I rather get a better representation of modern regions.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”