Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.1.250

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.1.250

Post by Balthagor »

This build is now public. No changes from v.249 from insider, just version number so it's clear that it's on public.

Version 9.1.249

Multiplayer:
  • All Annex, Colonize and Liberate actions are now supported in Multiplayer. (Fixed from v.245)
  • When at war with a region, can preset conquest intentions (Liberate, Colonize or Annex)
  • Clients Can double-click to self-assign a region in the lobby (Fixed from v.245 to avoid fights)
  • Users auto-assigned to savegames based on <playername>
UI and Game function:
  • Waypoints supported for units and formations, move modifier Hotkey <Shift>, maximum 6 points
  • Economic downward production output reductions on world over-capacity (the "cap") removed
  • AI will now consider scrapping unneeded facilities
  • Game option to use preset conquest intentions in single player (vs. popup)
  • Button added to liberate non-loyal territory in selected battlezone
  • Formation move hotkey moved to <F>, now toggles instead of hold to override
  • Theater Transfer system for pathing implemented (St. Petersburg Issue)
  • Improved AI Colony coordination with parent region hotspots, theaters, battlezone settings
  • Decolonization after the death of a parent now cancels treaties and wars and better makes the colony independent (Fixed from v.245)
  • When Parent region dies, Colonies will change to democracy
  • Espionage focus bug fixed and minor fixes to back end code
  • Espionage stealth balance adjusted
  • Increased success rate of Espionage order
  • Caching system fixes, supports fast forward and lobby settings
  • On nVidia and AMD will attempt to force using GPU instead of integrated graphics
  • Added a "Use Native (Desktop) Resolution" graphics option
  • 2560x1080 added to resolutions list choices
  • Right Click Menu - Facilities Option added
  • Fixed UI appearance era changes at wrong times
  • Added approval benefits when liberating a region
  • Added ability to delete savegames
  • Added maxmisstarg .scenario option to adjust max missile targeting range
  • Added regioncolkeepmil option - Colonies keep military facilities instead of parents
  • Fixed reserve units remaining after a transfer-owner scripted event
  • Adjust World Market/UN Border display on map
  • Fixed rare issue where some units would wander off the top of the map
  • Sphere victories will now trigger if player is in the winning sphere
  • Fixed issue with some regional textures not displaying properly
  • Map HUD elements will now show for Military containers, not just urban
  • Improved rounding in some numeric calculations
  • Existing leaders in CVP file are not replaced in cache creation
  • Internal engine changes to Line of Sight and related systems
  • Discord Presence support added back with extra checks for non-discord users
  • Spurious "Region X Falls" message no longer sent on day 0
  • Can no longer garrison bridges and non-container upgrades
  • New games start with garrisons on strongpoints (entrenchments etc)
  • Increased rate of resupply by resupply units (resuptruckamt) from 1 to 2 per day, multiplied by 4 for naval resupply
  • Minor adjustments to supply unit resupply response airequest code (air/sea)
  • Made changes to Minister/AI Garrison code, Garrisons used more frequently now
  • Garrison max for trench, emplacement, trump wall increased
  • Fortification nodes will now increase garrison capacity of hex
  • Fixed last-day units/land gain/loss counting (used by AI etc)
Game Content:
  • New custom map - Arena 20A (1914 era)
  • Map fixes (Gibraltar, Turkey, etc.)
  • All early WWI era techs added as already researched for all later eras, all regions
  • Equipment file fixes and Out of Production date additions (more default filter of junk units)
  • Event fixes
  • Leader updates (welcome Boris Johnson… for now)
  • Modern map region data (.cvp) values updated
  • Fixed missing regions in Divided States
  • Minor clean up in tutorials
  • Localization additions and fixes, all languages
Modding:
  • Mapeditor improvements
  • Scenario creator tool improvements
This update includes some very significant feature changes. Existing savegames will be compatible but will not benefit from some of the new features. The AI may also exhibit some VERY strange pathing choices. We will be posting additional details about a number of these features.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.1.250

Post by Balthagor »

Since this update contains so very specific changes, I'd like to take a bit of time to expand on some of them. These are in no specific order and I may update this post based on feedback/testing;
  • All Annex, Colonize and Liberate actions are now supported in Multiplayer
  • When at war with a region, can preset conquest intentions (Liberate, Colonize or Annex)
This has been a long time community request and was a significant challenge, but we are happy to say that the single player options for Liberate/Colonize/Annex are now available for multiplayer games as well. There is one minor change which really was the catalyst for making this possible. After you declare war, on the Declare War panel, you will find 3 buttons to set what you want to do with territory of that region when they die. Since we don't want to pause a multiplayer game each time a region dies, we had to rethink the mechanic. The single player experience by default is the same, but there is a lobby option for using this same mechanic in single player if you prefer the "conquest intentions".
Another request we had at times, you can now "release" terrain in a battlezone that is not loyal to you. One side effect of this is if it is your colony and the battlezone includes bases, the bases will be give to that colony. *As of the first insider build, this will have a performance issue, we will be optimizing this feature.

• Waypoints supported for units and formations, move modifier Hotkey <Shift>, maximum 6 points
This has been on my personal wishlist of more than a decade. The ticket that George closed on this was started 13 years ago! We did look at how some other games handle waypoints and fell that we've got a good overall system. One oddity, because we allow abandoning a move order (using <esc>), you must click your final destination after <Shift>+clicking your waypoints. The units will start moving to the first waypoint as soon as the orders start but won't continue until the end point is clicked or a sixth waypoint (the max) is reached.
  • Theater Transfer system for pathing implemented (St. Petersburg Issue)
This could have some very significant changes to the way units path around the world. There are now definitions for the AI about which theaters connect directly with which other theaters. This ideally will stop France from sending its boats into St. Petersburg in the 1949 maps. But it may also affect how countries reinforce over long distances or how countries trade units. We'll be watching for feedback on this.
  • Right Click Menu - Facilities Option added
I actually think this feature was added in the last update and we forgot to include it in the list. Just another way of controlling facilities on map.
  • All early WWI era techs added as already researched for all later eras, all regions
This is a housekeeping issue that we simply had not gotten to. After the research of SRGW, there were new techs in the tech tree, many of them not tied to later technologies so not preresearch in other maps. Now that it's fixed, your US 2017 start won't need to research the 1913 tech of "modern clothing".
  • Modern map region data (.cvp) values updated
An effort has been made to get current values for things like GDP/c and populations
  • Mapeditor improvements
  • Scenario creator tool improvements
These will need a whole separate post...

That's the big stuff for now.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Awesomesauce. Cannot wait to try this out on the insider build.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Amazing, thank you! Can wait (SR taught me patience) for the public release.
YaYo7
Lieutenant

Post by YaYo7 »

The future patch will be very cool! Many thanks to the BG team.
Added maxmisstarg .scenario option to adjust max missile targeting range!!! This feature made me very happy :)
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.1.245

Post by evildari »

played a quick coldwar campaign (1949) as a very passive USA
(north korea captured south korea, china managed to launch a succesfull sneaky invasion on japan taking its capital and win the country, USSR went on a conquering spree to the south):

"2560x1080 added to resolutions list choices" : would be nice if 3440x1440 could be added too - not critical since the "-fullscreen" option still helps!
"Theater Transfer system for pathing implemented (St. Petersburg Issue)" : i would say issue solved - not a single ship went there.

too tired to check this one "Improved rounding in some numeric calculations" - i hope it is what i think it may be...
"Adjust World Market/UN Border display on map" : what does this mean ? does the World market get more than that weird 0,0 location ?

Thank you very much for this Upgrade!
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

"Adjust World Market/UN Border display on map" : what does this mean ? does the World market get more than that weird 0,0 location ?

It gets rid of the grey border around countries. I like it with the grey border removed.

Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Looks good, was about time this game got some fixes.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Balthagor wrote: Nov 21 2019 [*] Button added to liberate non-loyal territory in selected battlezone
Many wars in real life happen over small areas (Abhkazia, Ossetia, Crimea, Vilnius, Klaipėda, Carpathia, Falkand Islands, etc.

In Supreme Ruler wars usually happen ALL OUT.

Would it be possible for the developers to tweak the game a bit to perhaps make some of the wars in the game REGIONAL? As in, an algorithm would select one region for a country to take and then after it is taken, they would stop expanding and try to sue for peace.

What do you think @Battlegoat, is it possible and/or desirable to add to the game in any form?

By the way, the game is still 9.1.140 for me, even though Steam update says the .245 is public? (I have not selected beta or insider).

Lastly, I think there might be some confusion with the many types of updates (beta insider default) and this can make some players miss other players in multiplayer (unarranged online players meeting up). Perhaps it would be better to lower the number of these groups?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

v.245 is currently on insider build.

The kind of change your suggesting to the engine seems rather complex. You should start a new thread if you'd like us to consider that, it will get forgotten in this thread.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
YaYo7
Lieutenant

Post by YaYo7 »

Where is this option located? Added maxmisstarg .scenario option to adjust max missile targeting range. In v.245 I do not see this option, currently not yet added?
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

YaYo7 wrote: Dec 04 2019 Where is this option located? Added maxmisstarg .scenario option to adjust max missile targeting range. In v.245 I do not see this option, currently not yet added?
I think you have to change something in the scenario file but it didn't need recompiling and had to be done on a new save.

arakan94
Lieutenant

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.1.246

Post by arakan94 »

Will you add changelog for 248, please? :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.1.246

Post by Balthagor »

On Monday. Mostly minor fixes.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.1.249

Post by Balthagor »

A new version has been posted, I've changed the OP. Users who have already read the post should re-read it, there have been a bunch more changes and I mixed in the content so that similar topics are near each other. We are hoping that version .249 will be the last version on insider before we go public for this update.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”