Supreme Ruler Remastered

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Cyrus Jackson
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Supreme Ruler Remastered

Post by Cyrus Jackson »

Version 3.0 released!
1949 scenario
2020 scenario(Beta, only the new models and unit stats for now.)
Scenario names are:
1949 - Cold War Remastered
2020 - World Remastered

Multiplayer compatible

To install the mod:
1: extract the mod
2: Simply drop the content into your main Supreme Ruler Steam folder.
3: Replace when asked, my mod correct some texture/models from the base game.
4: Enjoy!

Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!GBMHGAxS!vlVvUyUGl0KC ... unEUDBL4oI

If you want to fully uninstall the mod, you'll need a clean install. I replaced multiples vanilla files in 2.0
!!Do not use the old ColdwarNR scenario if you have it. It's outdated and does not contain all the changes in 2.0!!

For the best experience, I highly recommend to disable "Enhanced Spotting" and "Enhanced Ranges". The Mod balance was created without these in mind.
SRU insider build needed for the Modern World scenario.

What this mod changes:
Lots lots lots of new 3D models, try to find all of them! :-)
In general, the mod tries to fix the economy, lower the number of units on the map while increasing the amount of manpower needed. Units have more ground defense so combat takes longer and pincer movement is actually important now. Design progression is more logical and the AI is better at staying competitive during the game. Building research centers is much harder so you have to work with your allies' research.

In details:

-about 600 new 3D models!

-Infantry, Recon, Tank, Anti-Tank defense boosted x10
-Moved away from a battalion-sized gameplay to a regiment sized one. Infantry and tank units now have an average of ~1200 men instead of ~300.
Artillery, Anti-tank, and AA still with a small size to better represent smaller support battalions.
-ground unit build time increased
-All ground units except AA had their AA value lowered to 1-3(no more planes getting obliterated by guerilla stacks).
-Modern planes with standoff weapons/laser-guided bombs have the indirect attack feature. It means they stay at their flying alt when attacking.
For Example, a Shilka with a decent close air attack only has ~3 medium air attack and pretty much won't be able to shoot down a midair target like the F-15E Strike Eagle or F-35A.
-AA value entirely removed from submarines. They were shooting down patrol planes before.
-Upped the price of land/air/naval factory and reduced a lot the price of the missile factory (Lower missile factory price result in AI building more of them thus building more nukes. Mutual destruction assured.).
-Greatly upped the price of research centers to avoid the research center spam meta.
-Lots of typo fixes from the base game, both cities, industrial sectors, and unit names.
-Added production capacity closer to what it should be(1949 only for now) with named shipyard/industrial hex (Lima Tank Plant, Springfield Armory, etc).
-Historical airbase around the world(Ramstein AB, Spangdalem AB, Yokosuka AB, RAF Rheindahlen, etc).
-Added lots of missing airbase for France, Germany, the UK, the USA and more.
-Added the Cheyenne Mountains range so you can actually build the NORAD Cheyenne Mountain Complex if you want to.
-Lots of new villages in North and South Korea alongside a reworked historical 1949 border.
-Reworked topography, I added lots of missing mountain chains like the Jura, the Carpathians, the Korean mountain range, etc.
-US AI will be more active in the Korean war.
-No more ahistorical NATO invasion of Indochina, France now fight alone there.
-Lots of stats and price fixes for all types of units. They were some weird things in the base game like the 1925 Foreign Legion with 50 combat time when even modern infantry only has 35-40.
There's honestly too many to list as I probably did thousand of QOL change ranging from cost change to stats change in order to be closer to reality and better for gameplay.
-Added research centers to major cold war nations so that they can stay up to date(or at least try to) with the player. Also added 1 research center to important nations that had none at game start(India, Both Korea, Israel, etc.).
-lots of map/name/resource tweak for Japan to be closer to reality.
-Some Order of Battle change, USSR now starts with a few T-44 and early T-54 units. The 1949 T-54-2 is also a starting design for them now.
-Volga and US great lakes closed to ships to avoid the NATO suicide merchant marine in USSR water.
-USSR states(Ukraine, Bielorussia, etc) annexed by USSR to reduce the number of countries(less lag) and boost the USSR economy.
-British outer territories like the Falklands annexed.
-France Territoire d'outre mer annexed.
-US pacific islands like Guam annexed.
-Smarter AI when it comes to building units and war.

Know Issues:
-New models have a white box in the Diplomacy screen. They work perfectly otherwise. I will try to get around fixing this at a later point(It's not hard but time-consuming).

-Not all models have neutral texture yet so that means you might see wrong national markings on some planes, I did great progress on that side of things so it's less of an issue than before.

Credits:
Nerei who did the first half of the conversion into a format readable by the game. He then taught me what was needed to properly do them. This mod wouldn't be here without him.
There are also a few models from him in the mod not yet added in the base game

Russ1000 for a lot of models he posted on the forum. I just had to code them in the game.

Zuikaku for the AIparams file. Link to his mod:
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=25128

Eug_Begonia for some 3D models permission.

Evildari for the original volga/lakes closed map

3.0 Changelog
-100+ new 3D model alongside dozen of model updates and neutral/national texture additions.
-Entire naval warfare reworked, new sonars and radar were added to the game, ships and submarines now use accurate sonar power balanced with the new stealth value of submarine.
Every attack range was rebalanced to have a more accurate representation of naval weaponry.
-Great progress with the AI, the AI will now have a much better design progression thanks to a few event file wizardry.
-Indochina war and the Korean war greatly improved with a few treaty changes. The USA will now deploy more soldiers in Korea and NATO will stop sending hundreds of units in Indochina. France will fight a lonely war there, as they should.
-Leader swap should finally work, no more starting leader staying forever!
-Many stats and tech fixes. Really too much to list here.
-More game start unit inventory improvement.
-Reworked topography, I added lots of missing mountain chains like the Jura, the Carpathians, the Korean mountain range, etc.
Last edited by Cyrus Jackson on Nov 28 2019, edited 10 times in total.
russ1000
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Supreme Ruler Remastered

Post by russ1000 »

Very good
Micheal Berg
Captain

Post by Micheal Berg »

This does look good, cant wait to try it out. :D :D
Micheal Berg
Captain

Post by Micheal Berg »

Micheal Berg wrote: Aug 13 2019 This does look good, cant wait to try it out. :D :D
So, i have tried the Mod for a short while....and man, its great!!! :D :D

I do have some suggestions around city and base names that is incorrect in South Africa, and would like to know if you are open to changing them if i mail you the details?
Also, the UK is missing a base/bases in Germany and the US has bases missing in Italy, if you can add them?

I am playing a the UK and have deployed a 60+ unit Army and a 12 unit Air force to help South Korea against the North.....the war has been raging for about 4 weeks now but i can see it lasting 4+ years, and ending in a stalemate!!!

My Air units (WW2 Fighter Bombers) seem to be pretty much impotent against ground units, so no fast victory's seem to be on the cards. Back to the drawing board... |O |O |O
Cyrus Jackson
Warrant Officer

Post by Cyrus Jackson »

Micheal Berg wrote: Aug 13 2019
Micheal Berg wrote: Aug 13 2019 This does look good, cant wait to try it out. :D :D
So, i have tried the Mod for a short while....and man, its great!!! :D :D

I do have some suggestions around city and base names that is incorrect in South Africa, and would like to know if you are open to changing them if i mail you the details?
Also, the UK is missing a base/bases in Germany and the US has bases missing in Italy, if you can add them?

I am playing a the UK and have deployed a 60+ unit Army and a 12 unit Air force to help South Korea against the North.....the war has been raging for about 4 weeks now but i can see it lasting 4+ years, and ending in a stalemate!!!

My Air units (WW2 Fighter Bombers) seem to be pretty much impotent against ground units, so no fast victory's seem to be on the cards. Back to the drawing board... |O |O |O
I'm glad you like the mod! :D

Yes, I would love to receive your suggestions about the South African bases/cities. The more details, the better!

About the UK, They are my next focus for their airbase/shipyard/aircraft factory. For the UK airbase in Germany, I was planning to add RAF Rheindahlen.
I'm not sure yet if I will add other RAF airbases in Germany considering it might steal too much Western Germany land if I add them all. (Curse you 16x16km airbase).

For the US bases in Italy, if you're thinking about Ghedi and Aviano, I placed them on the map but they are Italian/US owned base as far I know.
Since they are not USAF only installations like Ramstein or Spangdalem, I judged better to keep them Italian owned.
If you're thinking about another US base in Italy I missed, I would be glad to add it.
Micheal Berg
Captain

Post by Micheal Berg »

In my humble opinion, one UK base in Germany will be enough.

As for the US base in Italy (again, one will do in my opinion), i was thinking Naples Naval base, home of the US Navy`s 6th Fleet. The base was build October 3, 1951 and is home to US Naval forces Europe.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_S ... ity_Naples

I will spend some time on the South African names and forward it to you over the weekend.

Thanks for the opportunity to help with info for your Mod.

Lastly, i have recently made some changes to maps with the Map Editor. Specifically, i added some tasty offshore oil reserves at key hot spots around the world, mostly contested islands (Falklands/Kuril/2 or 3 in the South China Sea/North Pole/Arctic) to make there conquest/defense and value a high priority. You could keep this in mind with your Mod, i think it could possibly add value for you a swell.
Micheal Berg
Captain

Post by Micheal Berg »

Hi Cyrus Jackson ,

Sorry, did not have time over the weekend to make the list i said i would, but will get to it asap.
If possible, could you look into a post i did today, and see if you can add the missing units to the UK?

Re: Unit Errata
#427 Post by Micheal Berg » Aug 21 2019

Please can you add 3 missing British Nuclear Attack Submarine designs to the game. They have all been build, and served with the Royal Navy over 30 to 40 years.

Dreadnought class https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Dreadnought_(S101)
Valiant Class https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valiant-class_submarine
Churchill Class https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churchill-class_submarine

In game, the first SSN available to Britain is the 4th one they build and operated (Swiftsure Class)

Thanks
MB
Cyrus Jackson
Warrant Officer

Post by Cyrus Jackson »

Sure thing Micheal!

I'm writing them down and will add them in the next update.

Thanks for the infos
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

The Dalian territory in China should be under Soviet control. :)
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

will there be a release of 3d models on their own in time? This way I can use them in modern-day scenarios as well
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

not to fear I sorted it out myself

some of the models are fantastic others unfortunately not so much where are they all from?
NotDatGuy
Corporal

Post by NotDatGuy »

Nice! Next time i get the itch I'll be sure to try this out and let you know how it goes! Either way thanks in advance. Its definitely the modding community that keeps me reinstalling this game for another tour.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

sparky282 wrote: Aug 29 2019 not to fear I sorted it out myself

some of the models are fantastic others unfortunately not so much where are they all from?
From what I understand ID 3500+ is made by Cyrus Jackson. 1100 or so to 1535 and 2049-3499 are conversions done by Rus1000 and 1536-2048 is the range I make models in.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Nerei wrote: Aug 29 2019
sparky282 wrote: Aug 29 2019 not to fear I sorted it out myself

From what I understand ID 3500+ is made by Cyrus Jackson. 1100 or so to 1535 and 2049-3499 are conversions done by Rus1000 and 1536-2048 is the range I make models in.
Yes I managed to figure it all out and copied all the missing ones over into my picnum file which I have tweak with your models for what seems like years now :D
Cyrus Jackson
Warrant Officer

Post by Cyrus Jackson »

Hey there!

Thanks for all the feedback. Glad to see you guys like the mod!

I wasn't able to work much on the mod these last weeks. (Mandatory Army service, work and family among other things)

I noted down the bug reports and requests.
They will be part of the next update.
------------------------
A look into the future:
-Swedish vehicles and planes are coming for the next big update.
-China will also get some love with their planes and artillery.
-New models, in general, can also be expected, ranging from new planes, helis and tanks/IFV.
-I will also add a few new units/models like the renowned AH-1F Cobra to complement the vanilla AH-1G HueyCobra.
-I will try to get around adding the first batch of national texture. Ex: F-16 with Israeli marking, F-4 Phantom with US, British, German, SK, JP and Israeli marking.
Something looking like this:
https://i.imgur.com/UKLg7lr.png

-some more Order of Battle change. Ex: North Korea starting with more T-34/85.
Furthermore, I'll see if I can tweak the AI to build more medium tanks instead of the current heavy tank spam the AI is so fond of.

-If I managed to find the time among all this, I do want to add 2020+ units model. Laser tanks, mecha, etc.

Last but not least, I'll port the unit stats and models from the cold war scenario to the modern scenario. If I have enough courage and time, I'll also see about updating the modern world map and order of battle to better reflect how it should be production-wise.

If all goes according to plan, the update should drop in early November.

Cheers

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”