Taking too much territory from colonies

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

fizzie
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Taking too much territory from colonies

Post by fizzie »

Hi guys, I've noticed a problem since last update: when you colonize a territory (or even when you liberate it after an annexation) you usually take more territory than before (when you were just taking the military complexes). I attach an example. Is there a way to return the loyal territory to a colony (and, thinking in some future update, it would be great to return territory to complex states like Yugoslavia or Congo since you can find them for diplomacy in the stats or in the "dead" enemy regions on a state enemies list)? It would be great.

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Taking too much territory from colonies

Post by Balthagor »

fizzie wrote: Jul 26 2019 ... you usually take more territory than before...
I've played a bunch since the last update and haven't noticed this. Can you give precise examples? Do you have a savegame?

It's true that if I colonize a nation that had conquered others, I have to "liberate as colony" each of the dead regions. You can do this by right clicking on their territory and clicking on their flag.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
fizzie
Sergeant

Post by fizzie »

Balthagor wrote: Jul 26 2019
fizzie wrote: Jul 26 2019 ... you usually take more territory than before...
I've played a bunch since the last update and haven't noticed this. Can you give precise examples? Do you have a savegame?

It's true that if I colonize a nation that had conquered others, I have to "liberate as colony" each of the dead regions. You can do this by right clicking on their territory and clicking on their flag.
Yes, here is another example: colonized Burma playing as China. Where can I upload a savegame?

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If you annex and re-colonize, does it create the same borders? Ideally I'll need the savegame from before the colonize action was taken.

You can zip and email the file, include ticket 23197 in your subject line. You can email it to me or to support@battlegoat.com
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
fizzie
Sergeant

Post by fizzie »

it's pretty the same. When you colonize the territory, units are deployed from the military complexes and they took land from the colony.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I still don't understand what problem you're seeing. All my annexing, colonizing and liberating has been looking as expected.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I also do not understand what you are trying to communicate. For example; your second pic has text which states you colonized Burma and are playing as China. The pic clearly shows you are Germany. What exactly are we supposed to see in the pics?
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
-Previous User

Post by -Previous User »

GIJoe597 wrote: Jul 27 2019 What exactly are we supposed to see in the pics?
Does it mather that he plays another region? No! The topic is called "Taking too much territory from colonies" and that's excactly what you see if you wanna see it.
Like other stuff in this game, you gotta be expecting the sloppiest thing you can think of. Some regions dont have assigned loyalty in their loyal hexes so go to the one conquering the region.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

-Previous User wrote: Jul 28 2019 The topic is called "Taking too much territory from colonies" and that's excactly what you see if you wanna see it.
Now I idea what you're talking about either. How is the territory they took "too much"? When I look at that picture, it looks like a very possible conquest situation. I've seen that happen before.

And be careful not to be rude. We expect people on this forum to be polite.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

-Previous User wrote: Jul 28 2019
GIJoe597 wrote: Jul 27 2019 What exactly are we supposed to see in the pics?
Does it mather that he plays another region? No! The topic is called "Taking too much territory from colonies" and that's excactly what you see if you wanna see it.
Like other stuff in this game, you gotta be expecting the sloppiest thing you can think of. Some regions dont have assigned loyalty in their loyal hexes so go to the one conquering the region.
It matters because that is part of the information he/she is giving us to help understand the problem. When the basic information is faulty it leads to continued miscommunication. Thank you for your input.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
fizzie
Sergeant

Post by fizzie »

Balthagor wrote: Jul 27 2019 I still don't understand what problem you're seeing. All my annexing, colonizing and liberating has been looking as expected.
Hi there again. I will respond to all of you in this comment to avoid spamming.

1) Playing as different countries in the two examples is not a problem because the problem is the same.
2) The problem is: you take more territory from your colony than what you "should" take. Before the last update, when you colonized a country, you only took its military complexes. Now you are taking land that hasn't any military building (in fact, you also take hexes that hasn't any building). If you had an option to "return" the loyal territory to colonies it would'nt be a problem.
fizzie
Sergeant

Post by fizzie »

fizzie wrote: Jul 28 2019
Balthagor wrote: Jul 27 2019 I still don't understand what problem you're seeing. All my annexing, colonizing and liberating has been looking as expected.
Hi there again. I will respond to all of you in this comment to avoid spamming.

1) Playing as different countries in the two examples is not a problem because the problem is the same.
2) The problem is: you take more territory from your colony than what you "should" take. Before the last update, when you colonized a country, you only took its military complexes. Now you are taking land that hasn't any military building (in fact, you also take hexes that hasn't any building). If you had an option to "return" the loyal territory to colonies it would'nt be a problem.
See how in the first picture Soviet Union take excessive territory from her turkish colony and see how in the second one China take excessive hexes from Burma (also a colony). Previously, the land you took were limited to military buildings-
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

fizzie wrote: Jul 28 2019 Now you are taking land that hasn't any military building ...
Okay, thanks. I'll look for that. Like I said, I've been playing and haven't run into this, but I'll take another look.

I appreciate the clarification.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

fizzie wrote: Jul 28 2019 Now you are taking land that hasn't any military building ...
I got the savegame that you sent. If I annex the colony and then make it a colony again, the parts of Burma that still belong to China are fixed.

Do you have a savegame from before you finished conquering Burma? From before you were asked Annex/Colonize? To understand the error, we need to see it colonize incorrectly. Currently I can only make it colonize properly.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
fizzie
Sergeant

Post by fizzie »

Balthagor wrote: Jul 29 2019
I got the savegame that you sent. If I annex the colony and then make it a colony again, the parts of Burma that still belong to China are fixed.

Do you have a savegame from before you finished conquering Burma? From before you were asked Annex/Colonize? To understand the error, we need to see it colonize incorrectly. Currently I can only make it colonize properly.
I haven't, but you can play as Germany and try to liberate Denmark, Norwar or Sweden as colonys (that would be the first time) on the same savegame.

Return to “Issues and Support”