Venezuelan leader is wrong

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Schmidty
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Venezuelan leader is wrong

Post by Schmidty »

In all modern scenarios the leader of Venezuela is Juan Guaidó. This does not reflect the reality of the situation because the U.S. backed coup against Nicolas Maduro failed and Maduro is still in power. Therefore, in all modern scenarios, please change the leader of Venezuela to Nicolas Maduro.
George Geczy
General

Re: Venezuelan leader is wrong

Post by George Geczy »

Some would suggest that as president of the National Assembly Mr Guaido has a legitimate claim to the leadership.

At this stage we'll wait and see which one of them remains last-man-standing and then update our modern sandboxes from there. We're putting our bets on Guaido for now.

-- George.
Schmidty
Warrant Officer

Post by Schmidty »

George Geczy wrote: Jul 19 2019 Some would suggest that as president of the National Assembly Mr Guaido has a legitimate claim to the leadership.

At this stage we'll wait and see which one of them remains last-man-standing and then update our modern sandboxes from there. We're putting our bets on Guaido for now.

-- George.
Um, whatever your "bets" and political stances are don't matter, reality is that Maduro is the acting president of Venezuela whether you like the guy or not. I'm not a fan of Maduro either, doesn't mean reality changes. Please change the leader to Maduro if you are trying to be accurate.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If you disagree with our design, you are welcome to mod the game.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Schmidty
Warrant Officer

Post by Schmidty »

Balthagor wrote: Jul 26 2019 If you disagree with our design, you are welcome to mod the game.
If something is inaccurate, it should be fixed in vanilla.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Our goal is not perfect accuracy, we designed a game and make changes to it where we judge it makes for a better design.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
-Previous User

Post by -Previous User »

Is it a better design to...

- Make US sphere even stronger
- Strengthen the already idle alliance of South America (no wars there untill US arrives annexing their sphere or aggressive Brazil)
- Give Russia and China less possibilities to invade the Americas

Give me your idea how this make for a better design? How is this a better design while ignoring China for 15 years?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We have invested thousands of hours in the design of the game, but the world is a big place, I'm sure we could spend a thousand more and still have things that could be tweaked.

We have not, however "ignored China for 15 years". Changes have been made to all regions during the game's life cycle.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

A few issues with mainland China is for one it has a titanic power deficiency that means enabling electricity trade is highly recommended especially if it is controlled by the AI (I think I once calculated it to around 450 fully supplied nuclear power plants). Another is that region group C is missing some of the more modern real world designs. It is also significantly underperforming in say shipbuilding.
That is just what I can remember. I am sure there are others.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Nerei wrote: Jul 28 2019 A few issues with mainland China is for one it has a titanic power deficiency...
Which era?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Modern. GC2020 is the one I checked that it was still the case.
You can also add 1949 to the list as while not as extreme the PRC also has a deficiency there.

Really electricity is odd in 2020. Some like the US have a gigantic surplus while say the PRC has a large deficit.
The actual values are also strange. Last I checked some large power stations had an average output of like 50MW.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”