Nation names are incorrect since latest SRU update

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Traslogan
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Nation names are incorrect since latest SRU update

Post by Traslogan »

So I don't know if anyone else has gotten this, but ever since a small SRU update a couple of days ago, the nation names have changed to be sometimes different, sometimes incorrect.

The UK now has "Great Britain" at all times, and the Soviet Union is always "Russian Empire". As far as I can tell, it seems a few of the Great-War era nation names have somehow transferred to all other starts. This has also affected some puppets (namely the soviet puppets)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Nation names are incorrect since latest SRU update

Post by Balthagor »

This issue was present for about 8h last week. If you started a game during that time, the names won't switch back. If you start a fresh game now, it has all been fixed.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Traslogan
Lieutenant

Post by Traslogan »

This is still true on my current games as of about 18 hours ago, and just checked it is still a problem on my 1949 and 1936 starts at the very least:

I tried a forced recache incase mods were doing it, but only the .unit and .ttrx files are modified on my game, and a recache did not fix it anyway.
Traslogan
Lieutenant

Post by Traslogan »

Definitely still happening as of 05/07/2019

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

we've posted an insider build where I think this is fixed. Can you try that? If no one reports issues with that build, it will likely go public Mon/Tues next week.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Traslogan
Lieutenant

Post by Traslogan »

Definitely fixed in the preview build now, USSR / United Kingdom / Saudi Arabia have their original names again now.

However there was another bug with Vietnam (Which I think is destroying the linear structure of the events of the cold war start) where Vietnam is secretly still at war with everyone in the french empire after making peace with france. As French puppets go independent, Vietnam defaults to war with them even though they were at peace with France (so even in the 60s when Equatorial Africa breaks up, Vietnam enters into war by default with them). Ever since I Noticed this, the likes of the Suez Crisis seem to be taking a lot longer to happen too (Late 50s generally)
Supremo_man
Sergeant

Post by Supremo_man »

We've looked into the bug, but cannot seem to replicate N Vietnam going to war with France's colonies as they become independent. Would you be able to send us a .SAV file that could demonstrate this? you can send it to support@battlegoat.com and also mention ticket number 22975 in the email.

Much appreciated!
Traslogan
Lieutenant

Post by Traslogan »

I've not got a savegame that has it happening atm as the last manual save I did I rewrote after Vietnam got taken out by Thailand in the 60s and my autosaves are all after that.

It's a long wait for this stuff to happen but I'll try playing the 1949 start again later and see if I can replicate and if I can I'll send a save.
Traslogan
Lieutenant

Post by Traslogan »

Finally found that bug again!

https://mega.nz/#!aHYDDKpL!wSkHKWTWBLo5 ... W8mgrBvV2o

I'm playing as china but Vietnam is at war with Malagasy after it went independent from France (happened just days ago in this save) despite France peacing out Vietnam about a full decade ago almost. I noticed Vietnam was making peace-deals with all the new french colonies as they go independent and caught a save before they can offer peace to Malagasy (or the other way around).
Supremo_man
Sergeant

Post by Supremo_man »

Hi there, I had a look at your save game. I watched some of Frances colonies go independent and Vietnam was not defaulting to war with them. I asked Chris about this and he said the code for this stuff was changed in version 246, so we believe the issue is fixed. If you do notice something like this happening again, give us a shout!

Return to “Issues and Support”