Spy Priority appears to set priority for the enemy nation

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Traslogan
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Spy Priority appears to set priority for the enemy nation

Post by Traslogan »

So I've been noticing when trying to do spying that if I set spy priorities on a target nation and tell it what kind of operations I want them to conduct, this causes the target nation to assign that priority to me and do said missions.

I first noticed this as Argentina, trying to do Espionage on the USA. Within a month or two, the USA was being caught in Argentina doing Espionage missions, and Argentinean spies were not doing the same to them.
Then I tried as Britain against the Germans in 1936, this time with high priority to sabotage. Suddenly the Germans were sabotaging me left, right and center.

I don't know if it's actually setting the priorities for my own spies at all, as during the times I noticed these, the AI hasn't been deploying my own spies (And I definitely have some available, I wouldn't set the priorities without having intelligence academies).

From what I can tell, the player's Spy AI will do espionage missions if it has the right assignments to do so, though whether or not espionage works is for another thread. It seems that when the player sets priorities for spying, it's accidentally setting that priority onto the player for the target-nation's spies to do instead. I think this might be like how using Strategic Control to nuke will cause the AI to nuke back, but manual nukes never does it back to you (However the AI will spy casually on its own anyway but much less)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Spy Priority appears to set priority for the enemy nation

Post by Balthagor »

This is a known issue, previously reported on the steam forums. It was on the short list for the update we just posted but we ran out of time. It's near the top of the priority list for the next update.

ticket 22446
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Traslogan
Lieutenant

Re: Spy Priority appears to set priority for the enemy nation

Post by Traslogan »

Ah okay, gotcha

Return to “Issues and Support”