Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Traslogan
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

World Volatility Disappeared on game setup

Post by Traslogan »

Hey folks,

So I played the Falklands scenario today, and afterwards I went to play a standard sandbox game. However, World Volatility is now missing from my setup screen (https://i.imgur.com/zxTQJr9.jpg)

I tried restarting the game, and it's still missing. It would appear that after playing a scenario, world volatility has simply disappeared on my game's setup screen. Anyone know about this already or is this a new issue? I also can no longer select a victory condition.
Thanks in advance.

Edit: A file verification on steam did undo any modding I have done (Which was only to 2 files anyway), but this is still missing after files were fixed.
Traslogan
Lieutenant

Re: World Volatility Disappeared on game setup

Post by Traslogan »

Update:

More graphics appear to vanish after selecting a start (I cannot filter by resources in the bottom right anymore)
However! More functions have appeared under the minimap. https://i.imgur.com/LxZs8wh.jpg

If I'm correct in my guess, it's as if the game set itself into a new Supreme Ruler mode from an older game or something. Many functions that we don't have in SRU are suddenly here, and stuff from SRU is suddenly gone.
Traslogan
Lieutenant

Post by Traslogan »

I just saw the update news from an hour or two ago. Ignore my comments about the minimap changes, the game must have updated during all my confusion and only confused me more.

However I still cannot find any way to change volatility now, and it seems to not be in any menu
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Noted, we'll look into it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Traslogan
Lieutenant

Post by Traslogan »

World Volatility and Objectives randomly reappeared today after I got 25 years into a Cold War game as Argentina and then went to start afresh. Unsure of what prompted it to return nor leave in the first place.

The only thing I can think of is that they disappeared after I played the Falklands scenario, then they've reappeared after multiple long games of sandbox (with a solid 8-10 hours of gametime not prompting its return until just now)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

There have been a number of small attempts to fix a few issues. All should be good later today.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”