Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.1.140

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.1.140

Post by Balthagor »

Version 9.1.140

Multiplayer:
  • Improved Multiplayer Stability in lobby and in game
  • File Transfer of Savegames to clients from host
  • Lag notification in lobby and in game to identify the "weak links".
  • Host Migration when the host disconnects so others can play on
  • Host option at lobby level to stop more players from joining (make invisible)
  • Host option to kick players
  • Host in MP now uses steam name instead of local name for consistency
UI and game function:
  • Ver .140 fixed volatility bug from .138 and discord bug from .139
  • Minimap Filters section totally redesigned
  • Chat Popup layout updated to support Multiplayer improvements
  • Diplomacy popup list of units in reserve can now be sorted by location instead of by unit type
  • Right clicking on land loyal to a dead region shows the flag. Click to make selected and interact with the dead region.
  • Ability to create a colony from annexed territory if region is eliminated
  • Liberate will now deploy units from bases
  • Chat message for elimination lists leader name.
Game Content:
  • Minor fixes and additions to various data files
  • Leader updates for modern maps
  • Road events for 1914 maps (as used already in Brinkmanship)
  • Previous Islands map renamed as "Arena 6A"
  • Three new custom scenarios; Arena 4A, Arena 6B and Arena 12A. Also available in multiplayer, these have 4, 6 and 12 regions respectively.
  • Minor fixes to localization for all languages
Modding:
  • Totally redesigned Scenario Creator V2. Design new Scenarios new or existing region data, region lists and map files
  • Fix for the Asset Manager decimal separator issue. (Using commas as decimal separator)
  • Updated map editor procedural generation now supports assigning regions and placement of simple facility sets and transportation layer
  • Adjust terrain bleed for backmap cases (map coastline appearance for fictional maps)
We do plan one more update this summer, but this should give a big boost to anyone looking to do multiplayer games.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.1.138

Post by dax1 »

Balthagor wrote: Jun 15 2019 Version 9.1.138
  • Ability to create a colony from annexed territory if region is eliminated

how?
Con forza ed ardimento
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The same way you would liberate a region normally. Option in the state department for any dead region.

We do have an easier way to interact with those regions now, right click some of their original territory and click their flag.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.1.139

Post by evildari »

Major Issue with fullscreen and without that discord program:
Starts with an error , game loads, but mainmenu is distorted and not usable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

testing...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Okay, back to .138 for now, we'll try this again tomorrow :(
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Last edited by YoMomma on Jun 30 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Gameplay 1st
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

Balthagor wrote: Jun 20 2019 The same way you would liberate a region normally. Option in the state department for any dead region.

We do have an easier way to interact with those regions now, right click some of their original territory and click their flag.
ooh great!!
thank you...
Con forza ed ardimento
samuel_1991
Lieutenant

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.1.140

Post by samuel_1991 »

Just questions on the latest update about colony:

1) What will happen to the tech of a colony → annex → colony or new independent nation?

In SRU 1936 campaign mode as Japan, I can only colonized most of the conqueored regions (China, Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore, HK, Philippines) while only a few regions allows me to have the option to annex or colonize (Urgyuristan, Guam, Mongolia).

So I must colonize most of the regions I conqueored for a day before I can annex them.

With the new update, I can release the annexed region as a colony again.

Hence I would like to know what happens when a region turns from a country to colony and annexed and then returned as colony.

Example: Japan invaded China and create a colony. Suddenly, Soviet Union declared war against Japan and since colony AI is unable to defend itself effectively / China has lots of Coal and Hydro Power Plants which can be scrapped for crucial Industry goods for war effort and therefore I annexed it.

During this prolonged war with Soviets for years, I have researched various cutting edge tech such as Improved Power Grid 4 which increase power output by 50%, nuclear weapon test, Synthetic Rubber 2 etc.

So when say after Soviet is eliminated by capturing Moscow (All the way from Valvaldistok), I decided to return China as a colony since it is a cash cow. Does China as a colony inherit these techs, including nuclear weapon techs?

2) Does colony research on Weapon tech? It will be interesting to see Japan gets Dongfeng missile from Japanese China colony who has researched on such tech.

Otherwise, what does the research facility in colony does?

3) Does the colony inherit the tech from its predecessor?
For example, Soviet Union has a lot of military related techs (both units and non-units). As Japanese USSR, does it inherit all the existing techs from USSR?

What about infrastructure related techs (Increased production or reduced demand) in such scenario? I.e., if USSR has some increased production tech that Japan dont have, will Japanese USSR colony retain the increased production tech and its effect?

Similarly, will a newly returned China as colony loses infrastructure related tech benefits because these were not researched yet under the Nationalist era?

4) What are the potential benefit for the host to return a region as a colony as well as returning a region as an independent country?

5) In the 1936 campaign mode, after the Nationalist China is defeated and a Japanese China colony is created, the Japanese Manchuria colony is automatically absorbed into China.

I am wondering why can't HK and Macau be both absorbed into Japanese China colony given their small size (Unless Japanese China is annexed by player, in this case, HK and Macau can have the option to be annexed or remain independent colony)

6) Lastly, why almost all countries and colonies in the world turn into Allies aligned as war progress including my own colonies? Even Japan itself is turning towards Neutral after Germany and Italy is defeated by Soviets but Japan is still struggling to fight against US?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

To #1 - Many of the campaigns have restrictions on liberate/colonize based on the historical narrative that the campaign is trying to recreate. You don't encounter those limitations when you play in sandbox mode.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

#2 - they can, sometimes do, but colonies have a much more difficult time growing their economy, they give a lot of surplus to the parent region.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
samuel_1991
Lieutenant

Post by samuel_1991 »

Ok, the benefits of returning a region as colony is that colony gives much of its surplus to parent region.

But what is the benefit to grant a region independence? Because I don't see much effective partisans to create a civil war when annexed and no challenge to colonial government to form an incentive to grant region independence.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'm not sure that there are specific advantages. I often play with "allied victory" and like to liberate, make them an ally, help build them up, then have them help against other regions by proxy. Sometimes they will get into wars against another region that I would have had a hard time declaring against.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

A new insider build has been posted which should fix some translation issues. No other changes, please let us know if you see the right text for French/German/Spanish.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Svamptripp
Private

Post by Svamptripp »

Since last update nation names in 2020 sandbox games are named as WW2 nations/colonies. For example Kenya is named East Africa and so on. Also as I played as Ethiopia in GC 2020 sandbox game I had a Mutual Defence with East Africa (Kenya) from the start. Also US is allied to Canada and UK is allied to Jamaica and Canada, in my previous games there was 0 alliances in GC 2020.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”