Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Traslogan
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

New Scenario Creator cannot startu p

Post by Traslogan »

So I just saw the new update.

Was trying to open the SR editor tools. It now gives the option to create a scenario or load up the main editor. Clicking on scenario creator does nothing however, it appears to attempt to load and then never succeeds, with no indication of why.

I'm running the latest stable Win10 build, idk if that's of any use.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: New Scenario Creator cannot startu p

Post by Balthagor »

I was able to get it to open. Anyone else tried yet?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Traslogan
Lieutenant

Post by Traslogan »

I attempted a full reinstall of both the tools and the game. It will show loading on my mouse cursor for a second or so, but it will never open. The asset manager will open fine from that selection screen but scenario editor won't.
I've tried manually opening with admin rights from the file's folder, and it still will never actually load up.
Traslogan
Lieutenant

Post by Traslogan »

Was there any info on what this might be?
I still just get the loading mouse cursor and then nothing (But I can load the main asset manager, but not the scenario editor).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

In the office there was some discussion about maybe Microsoft's .NET framework might not be updating properly.

As you can see, so far no one else has reported any errors. We've tried the application on 4 different machines in the office plus a few of us tried our home machines, haven't been able to reproduce the error. For the moment we're at a loss.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Traslogan
Lieutenant

Post by Traslogan »

Is the new scenario editor just the standalone Map Editor tool? If so, steam still lets me use that perfectly fine, it's just that opening scenario editor from the two-options menu that pops up when you go to launch Content Editor doesn't work.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

From Steam's tools, I can start the Content Editor. This pops up a launch with two choices; Scenario Creator and Asset Manager.

Scenario Creator V.2 is used to create a .scenario file and some of the related files if you want to make a map totally from scratch.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Traslogan
Lieutenant

Post by Traslogan »

Yeah I can open that content editor. From there I can open asset manager as normal, but hte scenario creator will never load past a loading mouse cursor.

I just ran all optional win10 updates, which included a .NET update. It still hasn't worked for me. It's not a massive deal, I'm not intending to create scenarios from scratch ( Though I was hoping to work out how to mod the main maps for the big starts eventually lol)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Well, we'll keep an ear open for anyone else having issues like that. You can always edit the files by hand. The editor is intended to make it easier, it's not required.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”