Summer Updates for SR Ultimate and Great War

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Summer Updates for SR Ultimate and Great War

Post by Balthagor »

Hello to everyone out there in the community!

Those of you who've been around for a while know that I don't usually talk about updates and features before they are released, but we are really close to completing the next SRU update. I've gotten to test most of the features I'm discussing today so I'm willing to trust that all these features will make it through final testing. I know many of you are eager to know more about our new project, but that's not what I'll be talking about today.

I also wanted to take a moment to talk about the studio. Last month we moved into a new studio, larger than our previous one. We've also got a few more people than last year. All of this should allow us to still provide ongoing support for the existing games even if much of our resources are focused on the new project. Thanks to the extra resources, I can confirm that we will have at least two updates this summer. And I believe the changes in this first update will be very exciting for our multiplayer fans!

June Update Features

Multiplayer

A large amount of testing and code work have gone into the multiplayer side of the game.
  • Improved Multiplayer Stability in lobby and in game
  • File Transfer of Savegames to clients from host
  • Lag notification in lobby and in game to identify the "weak links".
  • Host Migration when the host disconnects so others can play on
UI and game function

We continue to play our own game and reevaluate some of the design elements that we see. To that end, there are some changes to the game coming.
  • Minimap Filters totally redesigned
  • Chat Popup layout updated to support Multiplayer improvements
  • Diplomacy popup list of units in reserve can now be sorted by location instead of by unit type
  • Right clicking on land loyal to a dead region shows the flag. Double click to make selected and interact with the dead region.
Game content

As always, we have made some small changes in the game content.
  • Minor fixes and additions to various data files
  • Leader updates for modern maps
  • Road events for 1914 maps (as used already in Brinkmanship)
Modding

We want to help the creators in our community to generate new content for everyone to enjoy
  • Totally redesigned Scenario Creator V2. Design new Scenarios new or existing region data, region lists and map files
  • Updated map editor procedural generation now supports assigning regions and placement of simple facility sets and transportation layer
There will be a few more things to include in the final changelog when the update is released, but this is a big chunk of what users can expect from the next update. Look for an insider build to be out in the next few days to test specifically the multiplayer and mapeditor changes.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Clubfoot55
Warrant Officer

Re: Summer Updates for SR Ultimate and Great War

Post by Clubfoot55 »

Very cool. Hopefully we will see steam workshop support eventually?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Steam workshop is still on our wishlist.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Thank you Goats for the continuing support! I hope we can support you further somehow.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Your welcome :)

If you've already bought the game, the next best way to support us is leave an honest review on Steam. (Which I believe you have done as well, thanks SGT ;))
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Balthagor wrote: Jun 03 2019 Your welcome :)

If you've already bought the game, the next best way to support us is leave an honest review on Steam. (Which I believe you have done as well, thanks SGT ;))
:D I guess i'll have to buy some of my HOI playing friends it for them to try
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Can you do something for X group countries ? the selection of units is not competent in relation to the surrounding T group countries ?
in the previous discussion I gave you links from new weapons in the Serbian army. Excuse me, if I'm boring, it would be more realistic for the X group to have a similar weapon as the T group, because it was by the new division of the group that the X group became too poor. Especially about the work of Artillery, Air Defense and Navy and Aer interseptor.

Best Regards
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'm actually looking at some of that now, but it will likely be for the update in July or August for any of those changes. I'm sorry that I've been slow on that, you've been very patient.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Balthagor wrote: Jun 04 2019 I'm actually looking at some of that now, but it will likely be for the update in July or August for any of those changes. I'm sorry that I've been slow on that, you've been very patient.
Thank you, I hope that you will do something to X to be a competitor to T and groups which surround it.
All of us who are from the state of Serbia,Croatia and Bosnia and they would like to have options to make domestic wepons,because they mostly play with their countries,
If you ask me that's the best thing about this game. So it would be nice to have similar development power at least with the environment. Hungary and Bulgaria
in reality there are less domestic weapons products from Serbia and in the game they have Technological Tree which is richer than the X group.
Thank you for your time.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Last edited by YoMomma on Jun 30 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Gameplay 1st
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Massive Multiplayer updates, modding improvements and you complain about the fact that we ALSO include leader updates? Updates on a 5 year old game!

:The trolling is strong with this one:

You attitude consistently stinks and I'm quite tired of it. Just remember that posting on these forums is a privilege, and I'm not concerned if I get a reputation for being ban-happy. Tread carefully...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
YaYo7
Lieutenant

Post by YaYo7 »

Balthagor,
Range Missile auto targeting. Maybe there is a small chance that the developer will consider the possibility of setting a limit optionally?

Example:
Game settings

Fog of war
Enhanced Spotting
Enhanced Ranges
Max Missile range - off/on
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We're down to the testing stage for the update. If you have suggestions for more changes, you should start a new thread.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

On Steam, the insider build is now available under "betas".
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

You should add the units to the X group to be a bit more decent to play. Because in the field of artillery and AA weapons there are absolute poor, and there are systems that have developed these countries in reality.
And I like the new dropping menu on the map in the beta.

Return to “General Discussion - SRGW”