Develop realism in the game and AI

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Breznev
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Develop realism in the game and AI

Post by Breznev »

Welcome all
Note that the game has become well developed compared to the first days of its release :-)
And thank the group that is developing this game :wink: :wink:
But there are points here and I hope to take them seriously and work to activate them
Firstly
-Artificial intelligence (AI)
You should develop it more ..
For example we find it in case, when country AI 1 decalre war to other country AI 2 = when AI 1 win the war he anex AI 2
For example, there is no ceasefire :-(
Or, for example, a peace agreement between the two countries, provided that the borders are returned as they are
Given that in reality and always known wars there is a possibility of a cease-fire
Or a peace treaty , And there is a state that invades another country to change the political system
When the regime changes, a peace agreement is implemented (like the war of the usa vs iraq in 2003)
Second, no other country can buy from you a weapon !!
This is due to the fact that you can not buy a weapon from your country unless you have several agreements
Such as the Alliance or the Joint Defense Agreement , Not do other countries buy arms from you
plz fix This problem , not necessarily a common alliance or defense To buy some weapons
There are some other points I will mention in a subsequent publication In terms of artificial intelligence.

-Cold war realism
The most important stage in the game because it simulates the history that has passed and I like him very much
The realism of this phase must be improved , And adding some sceanrio or sandbox Is represented below
-1962 the Cuban Missile Crisis The player here can choose several countries (USSR , USA , CUBA)

-1967 the first Arab-isreali war and the player here can choose serval countrie (USSR , USA , Sirya , Egypt , Isreal)
As far as possible Artificial intelligence should be programmed here on, Isreal must declare a cease-fire when it occupies Sinai in the Egyptian front
And the occupation of the Syrian Golan Heights on the Syrian front
Like what actually happened (I know that there is a possibility that it is difficult to make this request, but the attempt is important and this would raise the game from good to better)

-1973 the second arab-isreal war egypt and syria They have a joint defense agreement and the other arabs country like iraq algeria , tunisia , saudi arabia , Jordan was joint this war and supported egypt and syria and send to egypt and to syria some infantry and some Military engineers and some air defense unit ,
egypt and syria they declare a war on israel
usa , france , britain , west germany , canada , italy he have a joint defense agreement and supported isreal ( he supported israel and send to israel some free unit like aircraft and some air defense and some mony and oil etc..)
ussr , Warsaw Pact country and china and north korea supported arabs
ussr + china + some warsow pact like romania was formal alliance withe egypt + syria + Libya + iraq + algeira + Yemen
ussr was send some infantry and air defense unit to egypt and syria and supprted these with some Financial aid
Egypt Return Sinai land and When the Egyptian army reaches Isreal's border, AI declare a cease-fire AI will accept this cease-fire and (With a clearer meaning if the player choose syria or ussr or usa the AI egypt and AI israel declare cease-fire when the egypt army reaches isreal's border , and if the player choose ussr or usa AI egypt & AI israel declare cease-fire when the egypt army reaches isreal's border + no Non-aggression pact ) On the Syrian front, the Syrian Golan remains occupied , And cease fire . the player in this sceanrio can play as (usa . ussr . egypt . syria or isreal)
and when the player comlpet this sceanrio he can continue play the game
egypt After the cease-fire agreement , Egypt signs the peace agreement , And non-aggression pact
and jordan signs peace agreement and non agression pact with isreal
and jordan and egypt liberat plaestine , West Bank & And Gaza

-1980 the iraq-iran war When Saddam Hussein came to power in 1979
A revolution took place in Iran and Khomeini came to power in Iran , iraq declare war on iran , in this scenario the player can play as (ussr . usa . iran .iraq ) Note that this war in history lasted eight years Finally, in 1988, the ceasefire was stopped by Iraq and Iran agreed to do so . in this scenario the ussr and the usa They supported iran & iraq and Saddam Hussein regime move to usa aligned because usa supported the regime of Saddam Hussein a lot
the point here when the player play as ussr or usa , the AI iraq and the iran at war and no one can occupied some land
and AI iraq send a cease-fire to iran , iran was accept it this sceanrio can be named the first Gulf war )
-1990 the second gulf war , i think all player knowing this history
in the game plz put this sceanrio and the player can play as (ussr . usa . iraq . Kuwait , Saudi Arabia , syria , egypt , Britain
because These countries participated in the war and other country And formed the so-called Desert Storm Alliance )
This sceanrio or sandbox can be named The Second Gulf War or Desert Storm )
-2003 the war between usa & iraq this sceanrio can be named The Third Gulf War
Or the war to liberate Iraq
the player here can player as ( usa , iraq , russia , britain , kuwait , saudi arabia )
-1980 war between ussr & the Afghan Mujahideen the scenario can be named The war of Soviet exhaustion or
Curbing the influence of the Soviets and the Programmers can put any name
in real this war It lasted 10 years until the Soviets declared a cease-fire , When the pro-Soviet president of afghanistan was ousted by the afghan mujahideen . in this sceanrio player can play as (ussr , The Afghan regime , afghan mujahideen , usa , saudi arabia , pakistan )
- the pakistani indi war ( 1965 , 1971 , 1999 ) the player can play as (pakistan , india , ussr , usa , china , britain )
and in this scenario and the other scenario its a task ( For example, if you choose a country your mission is destroy the command unit in other AI country and when you destroy it and After the task is finished the AI country send to your country Peace Treaty , As you can send to AI country a peace treaty and the AI accept this and The borders of the two states are back For its first case
This is about the Cold War
Possible tasks are assigned to these scenarios like put command unit and when the player destroy it the AI country send peace treaty and the player accpet it or the AI accept it and The border goes back as it was
I will put another publication and i will Add several important requests for this phase

-Relations between States
USA Common defense with several treaties with ( france , britain , germany , and the other west and east europe country Except serbia and ukraine east
saudi arabia ,Qatar, UEA, Bahrain and the other gulf country Except Yemen , south korea , isreal , japan , austrlia , And other Asian countries with which America has good relations and joint defense treaties and others , brasil , colombia and the other south america with which America has good relations and joint defense treaties and others )
RUSSIA Common defense with several treaties with ( syria , iran , , The so-called eastern Ukraine , serbia , Venezuela , china , north korea , vietnam , india , algeria , cuba , Mongolia . Commonwealth of Independent States is [Belarus , Armenia , Azerbaijan , Kazakhstan , Turkmenistan , Uzbekistan , Kyrgyzstan , Tajikistan ] and the other country that have a good realtion with RUSSIA
CHINA Common defense with several treaties with ( russia , iran , serbia , venezuela , north korea , mongolia , algeria , cuba , pakistan , and the other country that have a good realtion with china )

ARAB realtion and mutul defense
saudi arabia & kuwait & Bahrain & Egypt & The United Arab Emirates & Jordan ...

IRANS realtion and mutul defense
iraq & syria & Lebanon

i Ready to help you for some Historical events in the Cold War era and a name of a lot of president in the wolrd
and i can help you for the relation between the country in the wolrd
I hope you read this publication , And work to include what i mentioned Because it is my point of view and as a player
These points are important for upgrading the game from good to better
I will publish another publication , I will put the names of the president during the Cold War and how they came to power
I hope that my writing will be very clear and understandable
Because I'm not very good in English :-) :-) :-)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Develop realism in the game and AI

Post by Balthagor »

Thanks for your suggestions. We do hope to keep improving the game, how much will always depend on the resources we have available. Also, we are very excited to work on our new project so that will keep pulling our attention away somewhat.

Cheers,
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Breznev
Lieutenant

Post by Breznev »

Balthagor wrote: Apr 09 2019 Thanks for your suggestions. We do hope to keep improving the game, how much will always depend on the resources we have available. Also, we are very excited to work on our new project so that will keep pulling our attention away somewhat.

Cheers,
thank you for replying, I noticed there were some mistakes & In relation to relations between States..
Also in the Cold War there are several hidden events in the game like the names of some presidents And how they reached power
As I noticed and follow a lots of responses players in the forum
they have start cold war in some year (like cold war start in 60's or 70's or 80's or 90's )
So I pointed at the top to put much scenario or sandbox for the cold war
alos In the event of the death of the some President ( if you play a country and the death of its president , comes a new president like the situation of the death of stalin when you play as ussr when stalin death the new leader comes and the picture of the leader will changed , This gives a more realistic for the game)
the country of palestine not show ( The West Bank led by President Mahmoud Abbas , And Gaza under the leadership of the so-called Hamas group )
the europe realtion and the medal east country realtion the esian country realtion etc.. )
I am waiting for tools to help me create some mods, And if any help tools are found
I will learn and do a some mods
Overall the game is nice and fun :-)
Should be improved and developed to be better :wink:
I can help In the names of the presidents and how they came to rule, especially the names of presidents of state of the Third World
And I can bring their pictures
Sorry for taking long 8O
i hope My language is very clear and you can understand what I mean
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Thanks for the additional feeback. It is hard to follow not because of your English but because you have at least 10 suggestes in that one post and most of them are vague. Suggestions work best if you ask for 1 thing at a time.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Breznev
Lieutenant

Post by Breznev »

Balthagor wrote: Apr 10 2019 Thanks for the additional feeback. It is hard to follow not because of your English but because you have at least 10 suggestes in that one post and most of them are vague. Suggestions work best if you ask for 1 thing at a time.
ah hhhhh I am sorry to mention several things :-) :-)
so fisrt thing is to try to add more sceanrio or sandbox for cold war
for exemple cold war start at 1970 or 1980
and thank you fo replay
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Breznev wrote: Apr 10 2019 so fisrt thing is to try to add more sceanrio or sandbox for cold war
This has been discussed before. Each new sandbox is a massive amount of work. We have to set starting borders, leaders, industries, relationships, military inventories, flags and research progress. Same issue with a scenario, but on a smaller scale if we look only at the regions involved. We don't have the resources for free updates of this scale 4 years after release.

Any other ideas you'd like to propse? Maybe start with a smaller, more targeted change.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Breznev
Lieutenant

Post by Breznev »

Balthagor wrote: Apr 10 2019
Breznev wrote: Apr 10 2019 so fisrt thing is to try to add more sceanrio or sandbox for cold war
This has been discussed before. Each new sandbox is a massive amount of work. We have to set starting borders, leaders, industries, relationships, military inventories, flags and research progress. Same issue with a scenario, but on a smaller scale if we look only at the regions involved. We don't have the resources for free updates of this scale 4 years after release.

Any other ideas you'd like to propse? Maybe start with a smaller, more targeted change.
thank you for replay
Most of my requests , it was not born of the moment !!
But it's came from a several experiences of the game, By playing the game several times :-)
And according to the Requests of members in the forum
OK then :-)
There is a request, Is represented in cold war
Leader change when he was dead or He was elected Or assassinated Or coup against him Or quit the government.
In a clearer sense , And to be more realistic game here
for exemple when you play as USSR and at 1953 Stalin was dead and the next leader is Georgi Malenkov.
In this case The player is notified Via a litle alert said " Comrade Stalin died , The Supreme Communist Council announced the inauguration of Georgi Malenkov for the presidency etc.." So it is for other countries, Which the player wants to play in the game
in the democracy system a litle alert said " Mr x won the election,After the people voted for him and he is the new Pressident of the country x "
in the case of coup lilte alert said " A military coup led by Mr x Ousted the current president )
etc..
Without losing the player control of the state in which he plays
And can be selected in the game settings "leader change off/on"
This would raise the realism of the game more and more
And this request, There are many and many members have requested it here
and I think the game developers are interested in what the player thinks, This is what it is That drives them to work more on the development of the game

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

While passion is a great motivator for developing games, feeding ourselves and our kids is rather important. I can't ask my staff to do work for which I can't compensate them or advocate we take actions that put the business at risk.

I recognize some of the leader changes you reference, but I'm unclear what you are asking us to change? Is it a lobby option to stop all "leader change" events? This can easily be modded by eliminating one specific event type from your file. I don't understand how that would be a very useful feature. Could you provide a bit more details please?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Breznev
Lieutenant

Post by Breznev »

Balthagor wrote: Apr 10 2019 While passion is a great motivator for developing games, feeding ourselves and our kids is rather important. I can't ask my staff to do work for which I can't compensate them or advocate we take actions that put the business at risk.

I recognize some of the leader changes you reference, but I'm unclear what you are asking us to change? Is it a lobby option to stop all "leader change" events? This can easily be modded by eliminating one specific event type from your file. I don't understand how that would be a very useful feature. Could you provide a bit more details please?
Look brother
Leader change , i mean in case you play as ussr and at 1953 stalin dead.
Why the leader not change ?
Why stalin stay alive at 1970 in case i play as ussr
So my request make the leaders change
I think my request its clear to understand brother
Why when i play as usa and at 1980 the president Harry Truman stay alive why not changed like the real event
If you not understand i will explain more to you.
Note that I see my demands clear and easy to understand

YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Last edited by YoMomma on Jun 30 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Gameplay 1st
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Oh, you mean the historical leader changes don't happen for the region you play.
Breznev wrote: Apr 11 2019 ...
Leader change , i mean in case you play as ussr and at 1953 stalin dead.
Why the leader not change ?
Because you didn't die...

You are not playing "Stalin", you are playing as the leader of the USSR. If you don't lose your election, why would a different leader than you come to power?

I'm confident this is not worth the development time involved. If you feel strongly about this feature you should start a new thread and see if you can get other users to add their support to your request.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”