How about a realistic USA?

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

lacer1111
Sergeant
Human: Yes

How about a realistic USA?

Post by lacer1111 »

Why isn't there a realistic USA sandbox mode? They only ever attack Mexico and Cuba on the right settings. USA are at war with more countries than any other yet they do nothing in this game. With over 800 military bases worldwide I would like to see that translate into the game too. Their troops should be every where and declaring wars world wide as they do in reality. And finally with the more than likely soon to be Venezuela war can we get an update patch to play that out. Thank you
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: How about a realistic USA?

Post by YoMomma »

Last edited by YoMomma on Jun 30 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Gameplay 1st
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Realistic is a very vague statement, I'm not sure where you'd have us begin. Are we talking relationships? Do you have specific relationship changes you'd suggest we add?

Pre-positioning forces around the world is very time consuming work, so uses up a lot of resources and we don't have many resources to go around.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Gameplay 1st
lacer1111
Sergeant

Post by lacer1111 »

I would like to see the US declaring wars and then sending troops en masse. Russia and China declare war on heaps of countries in the game, can't the US do the same? (sandbox mode option)

Also I play a lot with Australia and find it impossible to get China or any country to try and invade. In an attempt to get China to try and take over Australia I've defeated all nations leading up to China's border. I then retreat allowing China to take over those countries. They always get stuck in Malaysia and don't cross the narrow ocean over to Indonesia.

I'm playing on mac so I think mods are not an option for me.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Gameplay 1st
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

lacer1111 wrote: Feb 27 2019 I would like to see the US declaring wars and then sending troops en masse. Russia and China declare war on heaps of countries in the game, can't the US do the same? (sandbox mode option)...
The decisions to declare war are based on relationships and influences. If you'd like a "more aggressive" US, you'd need changes to the relationships.

Who in the map do they like "too much". Or, who do they like "not enough" that they should hop into a war to help defend?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Gameplay 1st
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

That would actually be a good place to start. Consider the starting relationships between those regions, see if you think we should tweak something...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Gameplay 1st
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

YoMomma wrote: Feb 28 2019 Hmm allright, well out of more then 1000 games i never saw US declare war on those 3, they pretty much always have 100% CB, since those 3 countries honor the goal of the game and declare war all the time. With -2 relations pretty much all the time that should say something dont you think?
That's only one state. What's the CivRelate/Diprelate and what are the common or different influence values that are set. To know that last one, you'd have to go digging in data files. It's not exactly a simple system.
YoMomma wrote: Feb 28 2019 The war declarations also take range into account apparently.
That is true, that could be having some impact on them not getting into wars. I'll admit, I don't currently have an idea how we tweak that system without causing some nonsensical DoWs.
YoMomma wrote: Feb 28 2019 After doing my research, i decided Japan should have...
We don't have a way to model bases in the territory of other regions. We would have to give the US a hex for each of the cases you suggest and I'm not in support of that plan at this time.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Gameplay 1st
lacer1111
Sergeant

Post by lacer1111 »

Balthagor wrote: Feb 27 2019
lacer1111 wrote: Feb 27 2019 I would like to see the US declaring wars and then sending troops en masse. Russia and China declare war on heaps of countries in the game, can't the US do the same? (sandbox mode option)...
The decisions to declare war are based on relationships and influences. If you'd like a "more aggressive" US, you'd need changes to the relationships.

Who in the map do they like "too much". Or, who do they like "not enough" that they should hop into a war to help defend?
I would like to see them aggressive against China, Russia, Venezuela and several middle eastern countries. I would like them to defend Japan, U.K, Australia and France. The U.S is unlike any other country. With over 800 bases world wide perhaps you should consider giving them a hex in several countries. There are many sandbox 2020 modes. Adding a new one incorporating this would be great. The more options and unique user experiences the better :)
lacer1111
Sergeant

Post by lacer1111 »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_w ... ted_States

This is a long list of wars the US has been apart of and in many cases started. There literally hasn't been a time of non combat for decades. That by far surpasses any other nation. So again I think you should create a NEW sandbox mode such as (trump/world at war ect) that accurately depicts the real US and how aggressive they are world wide. China and Russia declare wars on a dozen countries very quickly in many settings. Please correct this for the US.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Gameplay 1st

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”