T region group,East Europe Countries,Serbian teh tree.

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Nerei
General
Human: Yes

Re: T region group,East Europe Countries,Serbian teh tree.

Post by Nerei »

milivoje02 wrote: Oct 31 2018
YoMomma wrote: Oct 31 2018 Netherlands should not only have access to F35, but also all the technologies and design researched (its in use right now), since some parts are manufactured locally (radar), and seeing the history of F16 they should have the most modern variants.
https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/products/f-35.html
Are all the global partners have it in the game ?

Serbia has a research center and an ammunition factory in Belgrade, which also has a car and ammunition factory in Kragujevac, none of them are on the map.
No the UK does not have it researched. The Italian region group does not even have access to it. Those two are the largest international partners of the F-35 program in terms of R&D contribution. The UK is also the largest international manufacturer of aircraft parts and might end up as the 2nd largest operator of the F-35.
From what I understand Italy does at least have partial local assembly.

Turkey does not have it researched either despite possibly ending up as the 3rd largest operator of the F-35 just behind the UK assuming it follows through with plans.

Israel is probably also worth considering for getting access to the aircraft given that so far it has place a quite large order of 50 aircraft with a 25 aircraft follow up order being fairly likely which would tie it for 4th largest operator with Italy assuming it goes through with its plans which is less likely.

Japan does not have access to it either and that is despite the majority (as in close to 90%) being planned to be assembled locally by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.
Assuming a followup order goes as planned it will come up just short of the total planned IDF and Italian orders.

The total ROK orders are also fairly large with a total of 60 aircraft so far which would be just short of the total possible/planned Japanese orders.

Now if the ROK and Israel should have it is naturally the question (I will have to read up on the ROK orders to see if they include local manufacture but it is not too unlikely if the KF-16 is anything to go by) but the UK, Italy and Japan (possibly also Turkey) are arguably the best candidates for getting it being either the largest contributors, likely to order a large number of aircraft and/or actually assembling the aircraft locally.

That is the likely 2-7th largest operators of the F-35 and none can build it despite some objectively should be able to. Some cannot even research it to get access to it.

This is not an argument for or against the Netherlands getting it, just that if it meets the criteria all of these pretty much also do.

As for map errata I suggest finding the coordinates and adding what should be changed in the map-errata topic. That is probably the best way to get it fixed. Also trust me there is a lot of map-errata if you really get into it
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Nerei wrote: Oct 31 2018
milivoje02 wrote: Oct 31 2018
YoMomma wrote: Oct 31 2018 Netherlands should not only have access to F35, but also all the technologies and design researched (its in use right now), since some parts are manufactured locally (radar), and seeing the history of F16 they should have the most modern variants.
https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/products/f-35.html
Are all the global partners have it in the game ?

Serbia has a research center and an ammunition factory in Belgrade, which also has a car and ammunition factory in Kragujevac, none of them are on the map.
No the UK does not have it researched. The Italian region group does not even have access to it. Those two are the largest international partners of the F-35 program in terms of R&D contribution. The UK is also the largest international manufacturer of aircraft parts and might end up as the 2nd largest operator of the F-35.
From what I understand Italy does at least have partial local assembly.

Turkey does not have it researched either despite possibly ending up as the 3rd largest operator of the F-35 just behind the UK assuming it follows through with plans.

Israel is probably also worth considering for getting access to the aircraft given that so far it has place a quite large order of 50 aircraft with a 25 aircraft follow up order being fairly likely which would tie it for 4th largest operator with Italy assuming it goes through with its plans which is less likely.

Japan does not have access to it either and that is despite the majority (as in close to 90%) being planned to be assembled locally by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.
Assuming a followup order goes as planned it will come up just short of the total planned IDF and Italian orders.

The total ROK orders are also fairly large with a total of 60 aircraft so far which would be just short of the total possible/planned Japanese orders.

Now if the ROK and Israel should have it is naturally the question (I will have to read up on the ROK orders to see if they include local manufacture but it is not too unlikely if the KF-16 is anything to go by) but the UK, Italy and Japan (possibly also Turkey) are arguably the best candidates for getting it being either the largest contributors, likely to order a large number of aircraft and/or actually assembling the aircraft locally.

That is the likely 2-7th largest operators of the F-35 and none can build it despite some objectively should be able to. Some cannot even research it to get access to it.

This is not an argument for or against the Netherlands getting it, just that if it meets the criteria all of these pretty much also do.

As for map errata I suggest finding the coordinates and adding what should be changed in the map-errata topic. That is probably the best way to get it fixed. Also trust me there is a lot of map-errata if you really get into it
I would be happy if we succeed to fix and inprove Serbian options for unit devolopment,et least to add smo AA diseant unit and moltirole fighter like mig 29 folkum c he is a tehnology of 80, to be a options for devolopment.
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

It would be real good to give Serbia the option that it can develop 11112, "MiG-29S Fulcrum-C and 5610, "SA-4 Ganef,and maybe 2482, "T-84-140 Oplot II", advantech tank because there is none in time of advantesch tanks because there are T 84 yatagan which option for development might be this logical continuation of development. Many countries have received as an option with a development of units which are not theirs, because they have holes that need to be filled. These three units which I have listed my proposal modeled on solutions that are given to Egypt, Iraq, Syria, Iran. Because it is said that creating new units would be expensive. Are devoloper have opinion on this ?
because serbia is without this or simular units easily overcome when playing against it,and they really see the holes when is playing with her.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

milivoje02 wrote: Nov 01 2018 It would be real good to give Serbia the option that it can develop 11112, "MiG-29S Fulcrum-C ... Are devoloper have opinion on this ?
When I consider changes like these I research each unit so I'm just going to use the MiG-29 as the example. I am not in favour of this. Serbia has never built the MiG-29 so I don't see why they would be able to research it. I know that the designs we've chosen limits some regions to have less research options. I'm fine with that, trade for what you need. I am in favour of filling in the gaps for designs that didn't get added because so much of the research was done more than 10 years ago now during SR2020 development. I recognized that much has changed in 10 years and new equipment has come out. If we had not made use of the past research we could never have gotten SRU published on the budget we had. I know that lots of people would like to see more fictional units added so every nation can produce a full set of their own type of units but that's now how I see the design for the game. And there is no wrong or right answer on this, it's a design decision.

Best of all, our system is so moddable that anyone who disagrees with me can just build the extra pieces for the game that they want.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Oh well i prolly do a better job anyway. It's just pretty impossible to make the game a challenge by myself and turn it arround from an US vs Russia game where both sides never go on eachother continents.

Imho F16 is way better in game then F35. F35 constantly blows up because of low fuel.

Too bad you cant buy tanks and infantry from allies because they are all deployed, till you wait they need repairs. I guess i just create a western and eastern region group, maybe a neutral one.
Gameplay 1st
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Balthagor wrote: Nov 02 2018
milivoje02 wrote: Nov 01 2018 It would be real good to give Serbia the option that it can develop 11112, "MiG-29S Fulcrum-C ... Are devoloper have opinion on this ?
When I consider changes like these I research each unit so I'm just going to use the MiG-29 as the example. I am not in favour of this. Serbia has never built the MiG-29 so I don't see why they would be able to research it. I know that the designs we've chosen limits some regions to have less research options. I'm fine with that, trade for what you need. I am in favour of filling in the gaps for designs that didn't get added because so much of the research was done more than 10 years ago now during SR2020 development. I recognized that much has changed in 10 years and new equipment has come out. If we had not made use of the past research we could never have gotten SRU published on the budget we had. I know that lots of people would like to see more fictional units added so every nation can produce a full set of their own type of units but that's now how I see the design for the game. And there is no wrong or right answer on this, it's a design decision.

Best of all, our system is so moddable that anyone who disagrees with me can just build the extra pieces for the game that they want.
I bought the game because it's good.I follow the development 7 years and that's why I spent money to buy it legally, it in and it's in my top games. Thinking that the T group and Serbia have too little options for unit development. I ask the question how to improve it equipment of T groups of Eastern Europe,and Serbia which is in it. Because it's very easy to defeat them when playing against them,because they have a hole in the AA midlerange wepons,bad interseptor options,and they do not have a advantesh tank. So I wonder if there is a possibility for inprove this ? Egypt, Iraq, Syria, Iran they never produced 10246, "MiG-25RB Foxbat-B and 9209, "MiG-29A Fulcrum-A,and they were given them as an option for developmentand,. Iran it has even the option to develop 10320, "J-22B Orao 2 which were developed by Yugoslavia and Romania (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soko_J-22_Orao).The Greek can develop F 18 hornet,and in reality they did not built it. I support this because it's better to play against or with countries whose holes in the units are filled. I have the feeling that the T group not improved in units compared to other Europian grups( I know,economy wee are the weakest). The units I listed are an example of cheap units which rarely used by countries in game,they are more like a direction,sincerely I expect from you a better proposal and solution. Buying units is not a solution
when we play against the country that is handicapped. And why it would not helped Serbia and T group with units in a similar way as it helped to Iraq, Iran, Syria, Egypt,if there is no option to insert fictitious units. help us :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

As mentioned in an earlier post, we will look to improve the accuracy of what regions can research/build. What is less likely to happen is give regions access to units who truly come from a different region code. We will be reviewing this thread and likely using some of the recommendations, but not all.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Balthagor wrote: Nov 02 2018 As mentioned in an earlier post, we will look to improve the accuracy of what regions can research/build. What is less likely to happen is give regions access to units who truly come from a different region code. We will be reviewing this thread and likely using some of the recommendations, but not all.
I'm eagerly awaiting to see the solutions for this whole topic, and I hope the result will be stronger development options for Serbia and T region.
Thank you for the answer.
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

I have gone through and added X to arms avail for Bosnia, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Kosovo + Slovenia.
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Buzzbrad wrote: Nov 03 2018 I have gone through and added X to arms avail for Bosnia, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Kosovo + Slovenia.
Is it update on steam or goes with some bigger update ?
because I was watching on insider and see nothing.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It's updated on our development version and will be part of the next update to steam. Not sure when that will be though.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Buzzbrad wrote: Nov 03 2018 I have gone through and added X to arms avail for Bosnia, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Kosovo + Slovenia.
Did you also disable them from using T region equipment?
Please teach AI everything!
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Zuikaku wrote: Nov 04 2018
That would be so bad because X gropu is firs foreseen for Cold War,T group is for Modern 2020+
era. Serbia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Croatia,Bosnia and others they would be much inferior if that X group would not be seriously equipped it's better to stay in T group. It is much easier to add units from the X group for the successor countries of Yugoslavia in the T group. Something like ex countries of Soviet Union,Georgia, Kazakhstan,Belarus...they were given the possibility to devolop units from USSR.
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

They still have access to T region equipment due to most of their modern units falling under that category.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Buzzbrad wrote: Nov 04 2018
They still have access to T region equipment due to most of their modern units falling under that category.
Their most modern equipment is under X region (from Lazar to Kobac). Please reconsider this decision since if they are using both T and X region equipment it becomes very messy.
Please teach AI everything!

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”