3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by number47 »

Nice to hear. Your dedication to this is "mod" is outstanding!
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Quick render of some PLAAF aircraft.
This is including a few already released and I am generally ignoring aircraft I consider less than good or aircraft that just got a PRC skin "because I could"
I also tend to like to put models next to each other like this to check if they are matching in appearance.
Note scales are largely whatever I felt like when adding them to the scene.
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

Great lineup! What`s the one on the right? A J-8II?
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Yes it is a J-8II.
Also so far I mainly have the PRC textures ready for these planes. Getting a full set of regional textures will take a bit of time.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

NIce! Can't wait for the next release :D
BlackEagle
Captain

Post by BlackEagle »

Great work! I'm already using some of the models in my mod.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

If you got suggestions for models feel free to share.

Also you are free to redistribute the released models that are not in the core game. They should retain their ID if they are included in the core game at a later time
number47 wrote:NIce! Can't wait for the next release :D
Hopefully it will be within reasonable time but as you can see sometimes I do get derailed a bit. I will try and avoid having too many ongoing models which is really part of my problem. A rough estimate right now would probably be that I have over 40 that are at least in the modelling phase.

Also both Yugoslavian and Romanian texture versions for the Mig-21/J-7III should be part of next release. I should have a full preview done soon.
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

By the Romanian texture for the MiG-21 do you mean the LanceR-C?
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Romania- ... Avkw%3D%3D
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Yes. I am using this for colour reference.
The default version will not have any particular markings beyond numbering.
BlackEagle
Captain

Post by BlackEagle »

Nerei wrote: Apr 09 2018 If you got suggestions for models feel free to share.

Also you are free to redistribute the released models that are not in the core game. They should retain their ID if they are included in the core game at a later time
number47 wrote:NIce! Can't wait for the next release :D
Hopefully it will be within reasonable time but as you can see sometimes I do get derailed a bit. I will try and avoid having too many ongoing models which is really part of my problem. A rough estimate right now would probably be that I have over 40 that are at least in the modelling phase.

Also both Yugoslavian and Romanian texture versions for the Mig-21/J-7III should be part of next release. I should have a full preview done soon.
Thanks. Credits are given to you in both my mods.

I have a suggestion about the T-72 where the all green texture appears with some flaws, althoug in the Russian it's very nice.

And would it be possible for you to make some satellites unit models? I have some ideas that I want to test with these type of units. And also the Su-57 Pak Fa please. 8)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

You are not the only one that brings up the SU-57. I will try and get it done within reasonable time. Adding it to the next update might be a bit much but then again I am fickle like that. I probably should try and finish off those aircraft to keep my pile of incomplete models from growing too large.
I can also try and make some satellites at some point. Got anything particular in mind?

The issue with the T-72 is down to a name conflict with another T-72 model ironically also made by me (Technically different versions of the same model). The default texture is for the old model and as the new one has an updated UV map it will break.
I have brought it up some time ago as the old model can basically just be discarded but so far it is still there.

A quick solution is to include this texture:
download

It will break the T-72 model with an ID somewhere in the 800's but fix the ID 1752 T-72. Honestly with the old model it is not much of a loss.
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

Nerei wrote: Apr 09 2018 Yes. I am using this for colour reference.

The default version will not have any particular markings beyond numbering.
Yes, that`s fine. The top view is very much a replication of an actual photo:
https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo ... -lancer-c/
Hataka makes a paint set for the modern Romanian Air Force with more detailed info
http://hataka-hobby.com/products/modern ... set-vol-1/
, but the reality is those grey and blue tones changed in time from one paint to another so there`s no need to stress yourself with "exact" codes.

Thank you very much for making it! Btw, since the LanceR has its own unit entry in game (9269), do you think you could save a copy of your model to link to this texture name and maybe provide a render for a separate UGBIT? That way it would avoid clashing with the standard MiG-21 textures of the nations using region T (presumably the default MiG-21 texture) and will also add the possibility to have both the regular Fishbeds and the upgraded LanceR graphics in the same inventory.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

It is just exporting the model a second time with a different texture assigned and rendering it with that texture so sure i can make a separate lancer. I have made a note about it but as always if I forget just remind me.

Also all Mig-21 versions are at least mostly done.
Left to right. Front to back these are: Generic, PRC, DPRK, Indian, Russian, East European (Romanian), Yugoslavian and Middle east/Z (technically an Iraqi pattern from around the Iran-Iraq war from what I remember).

The generic might get a pit of shading to break up the large uniform surfaces and the Indian version might get a bit more of this
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Marvelous! :D
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

Thank you! I may be partial, but to me this is the coolest set of texture variations you`ve done so far. :-)

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”