AI Reserving Units

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Viper
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: AI Reserving Units

Post by Viper »

I just used Israel as my example but there were a lot of countries doing this.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Viper wrote:My issue was I believe the AI was selling too many of it units to other countries for cheap even when they had a decent amount of money in their treasury. I will use Israel for an example they had around 100 billion in treasury and no debts which is a pretty good number but i noticed they were still reserving and selling many of their units around the world. I was their only ally and they actually send me one of the offers which was about 10 land units worth 2.6 billion and they only requested i paid 1 billion in return.
Many lower their willingness to trade units in general or ask for more money when they do?
While I can see the logic of what you are saying, I think it would be better for us to teach those regions to spend more than teaching them to earn less. There were discussions recently about trying to accelerate AI research. Such a change would put the income from sold units to good use.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Viper
Sergeant

Post by Viper »

I like that idea actually, Ai does generally lag behind in research most games. Thanks for being so responsive!
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:
Viper wrote:My issue was I believe the AI was selling too many of it units to other countries for cheap even when they had a decent amount of money in their treasury. I will use Israel for an example they had around 100 billion in treasury and no debts which is a pretty good number but i noticed they were still reserving and selling many of their units around the world. I was their only ally and they actually send me one of the offers which was about 10 land units worth 2.6 billion and they only requested i paid 1 billion in return.
Many lower their willingness to trade units in general or ask for more money when they do?
While I can see the logic of what you are saying, I think it would be better for us to teach those regions to spend more than teaching them to earn less. There were discussions recently about trying to accelerate AI research. Such a change would put the income from sold units to good use.
What about the unit research in which the AI is just awfull?
Please teach AI everything!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

That sounds like a topic for a new thread.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

just give them research slots (either prebuild research facilities on map or teach them to build more) and enough funds - and ai is able to stay on par with research like a human player...
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:That sounds like a topic for a new thread.
This was ticketed before but there is no any info available since then.
Please teach AI everything!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Feel free to bump it's thread.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”