Is there any way to know what are the sections on Default.Unit

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

xwerswoodx
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Is there any way to know what are the sections on Default.Unit

Post by xwerswoodx »

Hi, is there any way to learn what is each section on Default.unit mean. For example, market avaibility, what is 0 or what is the max amount of it. or what is TargetType, or any other sections. Some of them like Regions, MoveType has information on wiki but I haven't found anything about other things.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Is there any way to know what are the sections on Default.Unit

Post by dax1 »

xwerswoodx wrote:Hi, is there any way to learn what is each section on Default.unit mean. For example, market avaibility, what is 0 or what is the max amount of it.
higher more likely to sell

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=27610
or what is TargetType, or any other sections. Some of them like Regions, MoveType has information on wiki but I haven't found anything about other things.
it say if unit is:
0=soft, 1=hard, 2= fort, 3=Close air, 4=Mid air, 5=high air, 6=surface, 7=submerged target
Con forza ed ardimento
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

You must search/ask one by one. There is not a complete guide yet.
xwerswoodx
Lieutenant

Post by xwerswoodx »

Thank you very much for your answers, I thought maybe there is a topic about that. I am little disappointed about that but I can understand this. There are so many options for unit files. I can ask by one by, also thanks for your information and link :)
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

do you think the info at link not enought??

https://supremeruler.gamepedia.com/Equi ... _Standards
Con forza ed ardimento
xwerswoodx
Lieutenant

Post by xwerswoodx »

Oh, thank you, seems like everything is explained here, I haven't known that page, I was still using supremewiki website for wiki. And http://www.supremewiki.com/node/312 this is the all information about unit files.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Good find dax1! I thought we had documented most of it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

But how accurate is it? While the timestamp says July 5th 2017 it does in places appear to date back to cold war or possibly 2020.

The region code section definitely is pre-1936 as X is stated as being unused but according to other sites on the wiki that is Yugoslavia in both 1936 and Ultimate.
At one point it also refers to a possible CW expansion meaning either pre Cold War or at best pre-1936.
That is just the ones I noticed. I am not an expert and chances are I have missed the majority of them.

Searching through it for words like "SRU" or "Ultimate" I did not find anything so chances are it does not document anything significant for it and the timestamp predates SR:GW so there is probably nothing about that one.

I am not saying it is not a useful resource as it definitely is nor that the issues I found are important. What they do however is point towards parts of it at least being very old and possibly not accurate anymore. Just something to keep in mind when using it.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'd say it's still 90% accurate.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”