Cold War observations (Split from Transform ww2 to CW)

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

burock82
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Cold War observations (Split from Transform ww2 to CW)

Post by burock82 »

Hello Chris

I did not want to open another topic so i am writing here. I started with Cold War sandbox here are a couple of things i am encountering:

- Spheres are still as Allies & Axis not as Nato & Warsaw Pact.
- Currently i am in 1963 (playing as Turkey) and Winston Churchill is still in power in UK.
- I managed to solve some Pact ships patrol issue but currently USSR sends sea patrols into my seaborders.
- Yesterday my game crushed. When i logged in again, units movements were not fluent. They were flickering ( i am not sure it is the right word but you will understand if you want me to send you my save).

Those are the major issue for me right now. Are they bug or anything else ? Most importantly can they be solved ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Burak
ZEvans96
Major

Re: Transform from ww2 to cold war

Post by ZEvans96 »

Theres also still the pathing issue where France keeps sending MMs in to Russia to get to Vietnam...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Cold War observations (Split from Transform ww2 to CW)

Post by Balthagor »

I've split this because these are support issues not related to the OP of the thread where you posted this. We prefer separate threads for different topics. Even those could have been further divided so that we're talking about one thing at a time.

- Sphere stuff has already been reported, looking into it.
- We have some leader changes in but not all.
- Some transit issues have already been reported and some updates made, we're still checking how we can improve it.
- Can you recreate the crash?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

Hello Chris

sorry for late reply. I just came back from office.

i dont know how to create it but i will do my best. I was trying to buy some units from USA the crashed. I will write again in case of i manage to do it.

Thanks for your reply. It is good to know that you have already known those issues.

Regards,

Burak
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

ZEvans96 wrote:Theres also still the pathing issue where France keeps sending MMs in to Russia to get to Vietnam...
Can anyone comment on how notable this issue still is? Some work was done during SRGW testing.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Dab
Private

Post by Dab »

Balthagor wrote:
ZEvans96 wrote:Theres also still the pathing issue where France keeps sending MMs in to Russia to get to Vietnam...
Can anyone comment on how notable this issue still is? Some work was done during SRGW testing.
Still happens every game. France lost 750 units by mid 1950, UK lost about 40 to the same pathing. Occasional UK ships would also enter the USSR through the black sea at Rostov. A few French ships get through Leningrad occasionally, but then stopped further in so I can never tell what their full route is meant to be.

Unrelated note, US doesn't intervene in South Korea as early as it needs to, resulting in SK capitulating to NK within 2 months without player intervention. Giving him 10 op Brandenburger regiments (W. Germany) seems to solve the problem too well, resulting in an SK victory and then a Chinese invasion a month later...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Thanks!
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I know there are likely a few threads related to the AI sending boats over the North of Russia, but I'll use this thread.

With Update ver .250 (insider build as of writing this) this issue has definitely changed. We could use feedback about better/worse and the changes around pathing. This thread is as good a place as any to continue the discussion.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

My observations running a CW campaign from 1949 to 1952 as US - not a single allied ship went there.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Cyrus Jackson
Warrant Officer

Post by Cyrus Jackson »

As said on the Discord. I noticed France is now unable to send reinforcement in Asia since the Suez Canal is closed by default. The AI seems unable to use the Cape of Good Hope.
In fact, I did not see a single European unit move from Europe to Asia.

I'm pretty sure the same would happen if the Panama Canal is closed forcing US ships in the Atlantic to use the Cape Horn.

The pathfinding update is a step in the right direction mind you but the AI needs to be able to use the southern hemisphere.

EDIT: The AI seems to be unable to use the Suez Canal in general even with a transit treaty. France never sends reinforcement in Asia despite having a transit with Egypt.

-Cape of Good Hope is not set as an alternative route

-AI doesn't use Suez anymore.

Return to “Issues and Support”