territory grabbed right under my units?

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

territory grabbed right under my units?

Post by Kristijonas »

In this savegame, in Sweden, in you can see UK grabbed my territories right under my units. One city had my infantry with artillery entrenched there, the other had garrison units as you can see. I didn't see how it happened though.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3giCv ... sp=sharing
This is really annoying considering I had lots of gun emplacements, radar and two air defense facilities in those cities :o Maybe it was a ship that grabbed those territories somehow??
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Re: territory grabbed right under my units?

Post by Kristijonas »

I also don't seem to be able to retake this same hexes with leap infantry or warrior elite.

Edit: I know what happened. I have "take territory" set to off as a global rule.

However I think it is still a big bug because it means infantry does not only take enemy territory but also does not protect own territory from being taken by enemy when that rule is set to off! I think with that rule, own units stop claiming all land they are on, so enemies can take land from under their feet :o
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Might be two different issues. Were the units perhaps out of ammo? We don't allow units out of ammo to "keep" ownership. Also, artillery never keep ownership IIRC.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

No they are fully stocked. My infrastructure is at 100% financing, I have 29 million military goods and 100% maintenance and units are in city owned for years and connected by roads. Supply in these cities is high. And some of the units were garrison. I'm 100% sure it's a bug related to units being "set not to capture land". Problem is, even garrison units are affected.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

I guess UK landed there nearby or maybe even just went through with a ship and took territory because there were no claimants to it. Enemies were fought off by my superior units but territory remained unreclaimable. I solved this only by making those units there capable of capturing land. However this does not solve the bug of units not being able to defend the land they are standing entrenched on in the first place. Hope there is an easy fix for this!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

There's never an easy fix, but if we have a repro case, it helps. Could you please zip and email your savegame to info@battlegoat.com with ticket 21648 in the subject line please?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Sent it but forgot to zip it, hope it's not a problem!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

should be fine, it'll just cost us a few cents in bandwidth.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”