SRGW - Turkey - cannot build Militia in Istanbul

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: SRGW - Turkey - cannot build Militia in Istanbul

Post by way2co0l »

I assume you freed them before declaring war on them?
geminif4ucorsair
General

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

way2co0l wrote:I assume you freed them before declaring war on them?
Actually, not that I remember doing...... :D
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

I'm trying to duplicate this but can't find a way to declare war on them without liberating them first. In which case, you might as well just choose the option to annex them outright. But I don't see an option to declare war without freeing them first. Maybe you forgot? Or know something that I don't? lol. I'm curious now.
geminif4ucorsair
General

Re: SRGW - Turkey - Dardanelles - Bosphorus Working as it should

Update.

The Turkish Straits are working as they should......four Iranian merchant ships are transiting the Bosphorus and Dardanelles at this time, Oct 1914.

So, while Turkey shows the whole Straits as Turkish national territory, "transit" still works for maritime units (ships).

Thanks. :o
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Did you have any units capable of attacking them within range? I've seen units move through occupied territory before, most specifically allied units through the soviet union in the cold war while trying to get to Vietnam. Despite no transit treaties, they'd continue attempting to move through Russian territory, being destroyed in the process. I wonder if you had units in range to attack them, because I suspect they would have.
geminif4ucorsair
General

way2co0l wrote:Did you have any units capable of attacking them within range? I've seen units move through occupied territory before, most specifically allied units through the soviet union in the cold war while trying to get to Vietnam. Despite no transit treaties, they'd continue attempting to move through Russian territory, being destroyed in the process. I wonder if you had units in range to attack them, because I suspect they would have.
One ground unit was at Istanbul and there were two Patrol types within the Strait area - neither attacked.
---------

Yes, I saw this also saw you type case in SR-49 Cold War.

Another similar issue was the Suez Canal during SR-49, in which Egyptian land units attacked French aircraft onboard French carrier attempting to transit the Suez Canal. The attack were only against the aircraft onboard, as if they were "flying" - weird. No attack or impact on the carriers transiting. Neither country was at war either.
Don't know if that was ever fixed.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Yeah, I had forgotten about that one. lol. Weird though. If those units didn't attack the units transiting then I'm really not sure. Perhaps that was their fix? Making it so that you don't automatically attack armies within your territory unless you're already at war with them? I have no idea.
geminif4ucorsair
General

Re: SRGW - Turkey - now engaging foreign ships in Straits

As the game progressed to Jan 1915, there had been no non-Turkish ships attempting to transit the Straits.

Well, that has not happened, when a British merchant ship began the transit to the Black Sea, and was engaged by a Turkish pre-century armored gunboat at the south end, and they by another as the merchant ship exited the passage into the Black Sea [destroyed at that point].

Thus, as far as territorial waters go, Turkish territorial waters are working as they should.

Return to “Issues and Support”