mac problem

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: mac problem

Post by Balthagor »

anash wrote:...I have the game's resolution set to 1200 x 800.
And what's your desktop native resolution?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I could not get the game to run properly on my old 2007 macbook pro though I cannot really determine if it is actually the fault of SR:U either. I might give it another try at some point

According to Apples technical data for the MD212 or mid 2012 13" macbook pro is 2560-by-1600 pixels native and supports scaled resolutions of 1680 by 1050, 1440 by 900, and 1024 by 640 pixels. Maybe trying one of those might help?
Naturally if you have used 3rd party tools to unlock desktop resolutions this means less.

BTW Balthagor what version of DX did you update to? I read that wineskin might have issues relating to older versions of OS X (it only mentioned compiling though) and going by Intels tech sheets for the MD212's HD 4000 graphics it does not support more than DX 11 (not DX 11.2 or 11.3).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

George tells me we updated to newer images of 9.0c...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
anash
Sergeant

Post by anash »

My native resolution is 1200x800.
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

anash wrote:I am running 10.12.6 on my 13 inch 2012 macbook pro. I am running the latest update of SRU. My game will only be in full-screen mode and is unable to turn into the widowed mode. I can't shift around to different applications while I play SRU which is very annoying. In previous updates, I was able to have SRU open while doing other things but now this is not possible. It is quite frustrating. I have the game's resolution set to 1200 x 800.
same thing happened to me, thats what I also tried explaining.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Most of our Mac users are not running into this problem. We are looking for a solution for those who are having problems.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
anash
Sergeant

Post by anash »

Is this problem ever going to be solved?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

For most users this has been resolved.

Perhaps check the comments in this thread to see if the solutions there work;

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 84&t=25851

Matching game resolution to screen resolution is the main way to resolve it, but one other potential issue was recently identified;
George Geczy wrote:Hmmmm.... although we haven't had any other reports of this yet, it sounds like it could be an issue with the Mac Retina displays. Since these are 'high dpi' displays they might, in the latest builds, have a different way of handling this. We don't have a Retina Mac here at the studio so this is hard to test.

If there is some sort of 'Retina adjustment' being enforced to compensate for the high DPI, then you would see the actual game resolution run at half the vertical and horizontal pixel size - so a 2880x1800 Retina display would operate as a 1440x900 resolution.

We specifically turn off this pixel reduction on Windows system, I'll have to look into making this more automated on the Mac. However, your solution (using the effective 1440x900 setting) is the solution.

-- George.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
anash
Sergeant

Post by anash »

I have matched my resolution to the game resolution (both are set at 1200x800). Yet, I still cannot exit the game while it is running. I do not have a retina display mac as I am running at 2012 MacBook Pro 13 inch. When I use the 1440x900 it just makes the game into a small window and the cursor does not select the proper buttons.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

anash wrote:I have matched my resolution to the game resolution (both are set at 1200x800). Yet, I still cannot exit the game while it is running. I do not have a retina display mac as I am running at 2012 MacBook Pro 13 inch. When I use the 1440x900 it just makes the game into a small window and the cursor does not select the proper buttons.
When you're at 1200x800, could you explain the problem in more detail - "cannot exit the game while it is running". Does it run OK, but just not quit properly?

-- George.
anash
Sergeant

Post by anash »

The problem is that the game is stuck and locked into the desktop. I am unable to go in between applications while the game is running. For example, if I am running the game, I am unable to go to iTunes to change my music. I am even unable to go into mission control.
anash
Sergeant

Post by anash »

Any hope of solving this?
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

anash wrote:The problem is that the game is stuck and locked into the desktop. I am unable to go in between applications while the game is running. For example, if I am running the game, I am unable to go to iTunes to change my music. I am even unable to go into mission control.
I have the same problem, except I can click out of the game or minimize in except when I do, the ingame screen gets cut in half (after I make it full screen again) and it becomes virtually unplayable.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It remains on our list of things to explore further, but we are unable to reproduce the issue and with only 2 reports we have little information to determine a cause. Until we can recreate the issue we won't be able to offer solutions. We can't even determine if the game or the operating system are the cause.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Flayer
Sergeant

Post by Flayer »

Your last update erased all my saved games, and there's no longer any way to switch over to any other applications even with the screen resolution matched.

If you are unable to determine what is the breaking the game for Mac users, I'd appreciate it if you gave us the ability to roll back to the last version before the July update by making it available as a beta version.

Return to “Issues and Support”