Unit sizes

Have a question about how to mod something? Or have an issue with one of our mod tools? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Apalm
Corporal
Human: Yes

Unit sizes

Post by Apalm »

Is there an easy way to increase the unit sizes? Like making all land units 10 times bigger or something like that. I'm asking for The Great War and Ultimate.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Unit sizes

Post by GIJoe597 »

Are you asking for a way to make the "icons" larger or do you want a unit with 500 personnel to be 5,000 personnel? If you want to increase the visual size of units/icons on map there is a setting under My Options> Graphics. This will allow you to change the size units show on the map.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Apalm
Corporal

Post by Apalm »

GIJoe597 wrote:Are you asking for a way to make the "icons" larger or do you want a unit with 500 personnel to be 5,000 personnel? If you want to increase the visual size of units/icons on map there is a setting under My Options> Graphics. This will allow you to change the size units show on the map.
The number of personal
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

ok
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

The number of pieces of equipment in a unit can be edited in default.unit (column N) but this only affects the unit sizes as present in the starting ORBATs. The unit sizes by class (as they appear when you "build" the units in game) can be edited in default.wmdata. I think it`s this line:
battstrdefault,54,38,44,45,18,40,24,24,1,18,18,18,12,6,12,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
I`m guessing the order is that of the unit classes, which according to the wiki should be this:
Land Unit Classes;

0 Infantry
1 Recon
2 Tank
3 Anti-Tank
4 Artillery / MLRS / Launch Vehicle / Mortar
5 Air Defense
6 Transport/Bridging

Air Units Classes;

7 Helicopter
9 Fighter/Interceptor
10 Fighter/Bomber
11 Fighter/Multi Role
12 Strategic Bomber
13 Patrol/AWACS / Recon/Surveillance / Surveillance / ECM/Recce
14 Transport / Tanker

Naval Unit Classes;

15 Submarine
16 Carrier
17 Battleship / Cruiser / Destroyer
18 Frigate / Corvette
19 Patrol/Recon
20 Transport/Support

Missile Unit Classes;

8 Missile (Balistic / SLBM / SRBM / Bunker Buster / Anti Ship / Standoff Anti-Personel / Standoff Anti-Tank / Bomb / Saturation)

Facilities;

25 Upgrade
I`m basing this on the old SR2020 data btw. I don`t have SRU (or SRGW for that matter).

Btw, both files mentioned are located in Maps/DATA.
Apalm
Corporal

Post by Apalm »

MK4 wrote:The number of pieces of equipment in a unit can be edited in default.unit (column N) but this only affects the unit sizes as present in the starting ORBATs. The unit sizes by class (as they appear when you "build" the units in game) can be edited in default.wmdata. I think it`s this line:
battstrdefault,54,38,44,45,18,40,24,24,1,18,18,18,12,6,12,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
I`m guessing the order is that of the unit classes, which according to the wiki should be this:
Land Unit Classes;

0 Infantry
1 Recon
2 Tank
3 Anti-Tank
4 Artillery / MLRS / Launch Vehicle / Mortar
5 Air Defense
6 Transport/Bridging

Air Units Classes;

7 Helicopter
9 Fighter/Interceptor
10 Fighter/Bomber
11 Fighter/Multi Role
12 Strategic Bomber
13 Patrol/AWACS / Recon/Surveillance / Surveillance / ECM/Recce
14 Transport / Tanker

Naval Unit Classes;

15 Submarine
16 Carrier
17 Battleship / Cruiser / Destroyer
18 Frigate / Corvette
19 Patrol/Recon
20 Transport/Support

Missile Unit Classes;

8 Missile (Balistic / SLBM / SRBM / Bunker Buster / Anti Ship / Standoff Anti-Personel / Standoff Anti-Tank / Bomb / Saturation)

Facilities;

25 Upgrade
I`m basing this on the old SR2020 data btw. I don`t have SRU (or SRGW for that matter).

Btw, both files mentioned are located in Maps/DATA.
Okay so how do i do if i want for example make so that infantry takes 1200 personal instead of 594(?) like it is now
Kantismus
Sergeant

Post by Kantismus »

i think it is a lots of text editing in a single file.

i would recommend to lookup the modding information at supreme ruler wiki

https://supremeruler.gamepedia.com/Supreme_Ruler_Wiki

the equipment data article should answer your specific question.

https://supremeruler.gamepedia.com/Equipment_Data

there is also a description to this "cache generation" thing you need to do before you can see your changes ingame. ( i suppose they use some preprocessed data in their game engine basing on .csv configuration files and do not check for changes to these files before initializing the game. They only check if preprocessed data exist or must be generated first)
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

Apalm wrote: Okay so how do i do if i want for example make so that infantry takes 1200 personal instead of 594(?) like it is now
That varies. The information I gave you above refers to the battalion size in terms of pieces of equipment. I.e. 54 BTR-80 (or whatever) in a battalion. The default.unit file also has a value for each unit (column O in Excel) which defines the crew size per equipment type. Unless someone made a mistake when compiling the equipment data, the crew size should be that of the the real life unit (total of crew + troops carried). The BTR-80 for example used to have 10 for crew and multiplied by 54 pieces of the type in a unit you`d get to 540. Other equipment types would have different crew numbers and multiplied by 54 you`d get to different totals. It`s up to you how you wish to adjust the default battalion strength (pieces of equipment) or crew numbers per each equipment type in the game.
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

Apalm wrote: Okay so how do i do if i want for example make so that infantry takes 1200 personal instead of 594(?) like it is now
As others said, will depend of both columns NumSquadInBatt and Crew in the .UNIT file
To achieve 1200 for your example (like unit id 190 Infantry ie), you would need to replace the 11 in column Crew (column O in a csv editor) by a value of 22, this would make 1188 (22*54) personnel

Good luck to change all other units, thats a lot of work :)

Return to “Modding Issues & Support”