Unlikely Friendship- what comes after Soviet Union and United Kingdom 1942

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Buzzbrad
General
Human: Yes

Re: Unlikely Friendship- what comes after Soviet Union and United Kingdom 1942

Post by Buzzbrad »

bob12333 wrote:
Buzzbrad wrote:After looking into it, since you are playing a sandbox that is the only objective. It was made to give the player the choice to enter the alliance or not.

Oh okay, but after regardless after it fires? Shouldn't the other events than fire though? If I still need to meet the conditions, than what are the conditions for the other events?
By objective I meant event. There are no other events.
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Also what do you think of the other discrepancies/ things you did wrong in sandbox 1940-1942 that I caught? As well as the fact that Finland and Germany (also germany and its allies) are hostile with one another though they did declare war on the USSR together.
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Buzzbrad wrote:
bob12333 wrote:
Buzzbrad wrote:After looking into it, since you are playing a sandbox that is the only objective. It was made to give the player the choice to enter the alliance or not.

Oh okay, but after regardless after it fires? Shouldn't the other events than fire though? If I still need to meet the conditions, than what are the conditions for the other events?
By objective I meant event. There are no other events.
Well than what are the other objectives than? cuase it has roman numerial I meaning there should be more objectives! I've played 1936 germany in campaign and it has a bunch of objectives I, II, III, IV and so on? SO what are the conditions to activating them cause as i said before the game gets soo out of whack with history that the other objectives don't fire!, like they should!!! .......
Last edited by bob12333 on May 24 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

bob12333 wrote:Also what do you think of the other discrepancies/ things you did wrong in sandbox 1940-1942 that I caught? As well as the fact that Finland and Germany (also germany and its allies) are hostile with one another though they did declare war on the USSR together.
I have taken note of them and we will look into it. Thanks for the reports.
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Buzzbrad wrote:
bob12333 wrote:Also what do you think of the other discrepancies/ things you did wrong in sandbox 1940-1942 that I caught? As well as the fact that Finland and Germany (also germany and its allies) are hostile with one another though they did declare war on the USSR together.
NP, BUT shouldnt there also be more objectives though? after the Unlikely friendship objective happens? or unfortunately that is it?
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

bob12333 wrote:
Buzzbrad wrote:
NP, BUT shouldnt there also be more objectives though? after the Unlikely friendship objective happens? or unfortunately that is it?
That is the last one. The icon you pointed out as being a roman numeral, is not actually a roman numeral. It is part of our icon for objectives. So for that sandbox it is the last objective. The campaigns are much more objective orientated then the sandboxes.
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Oh okay. i see... That stinks (well for me at least) i was hoping there were more, so I could make it more a cold war scenario like form nato, form warsaw pact, liberate yugoslavia, and etc. I wish it was more historically accurate/ gave me more historical choices or that there was more sandbox dates. Like 1944 or 1943 so lets say (think 1944 would be best) germany actually makes the war last a few more years or spain joins the Axis powers towards the end because germany promises to share their technology and to share the spoils (africa, parts of france and the british empire, etc). Ya know? though thanks for responding I really appreciate !
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

So is there more than 1 objective? or thats it? if there is more than one than my question would be how do I activate or trigger the other objectives!??
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

In Sandbox objective are very rare. I think that's the only one in that sandbox.

Campaigns and Scenarios use a lot of objectives.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Balthagor wrote:In Sandbox objective are very rare. I think that's the only one in that sandbox.

Campaigns and Scenarios use a lot of objectives.
Oh okay I see, than When you get a chance (which I'm sure would be in the far future or when you remake the game or add onto it) could you than make a 1944 bookmark? or a later cold war bookmark? I think either one would be beneficial, or atleast make a German campaign option of 1944 or a USSR option of 1944 or 1943?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

To be clear, different years are more than just bookmarks. As you can see with the current development of SRGW, making a new "campaing start date" and doing it properly is about 6 months for a small team of people. That adds up to a lot of development resources.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Balthagor wrote:To be clear, different years are more than just bookmarks. As you can see with the current development of SRGW, making a new "campaing start date" and doing it properly is about 6 months for a small team of people. That adds up to a lot of development resources.
Oh okay, I knew it would take alot of work and time and money though...... Also how come in the scenario file of the game you have alot of scenarios but that aren't active in the game! like Macarthur's return, the 38th parrallel, etc. How do I make these active?
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

bob12333 wrote:Oh okay, I knew it would take alot of work and time and money though...... Also how come in the scenario file of the game you have alot of scenarios but that aren't active in the game! like Macarthur's return, the 38th parrallel, etc. How do I make these active?
There was likely issues with getting those scenarios to work, which is why we never released them in the game.
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Buzzbrad wrote:
bob12333 wrote:Oh okay, I knew it would take alot of work and time and money though...... Also how come in the scenario file of the game you have alot of scenarios but that aren't active in the game! like Macarthur's return, the 38th parrallel, etc. How do I make these active?
There was likely issues with getting those scenarios to work, which is why we never released them in the game.
Oh okay. I see.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”