world map with smaller countries added

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

world map with smaller countries added

Post by Kristijonas »

I don't think it would be VERY hard for modders to add (and would be really awesome if that happened!) but also perhaps developers could consider doing this as well?

I get off playing small countries and this would give me 50 ways of enjoying myself playing these small new countries. I could write roleplay stories about paths to independence of 'colonies' of these countries and the hardships of independent regions that have to be sly to survive near their bigger neighbors.
Some of these territories are empty in the game, but perhaps that is not a problem? It'd be an interesting nice challenge playing as a small, 1.500pop hex colony gone independent xD It doesn't matter if some of them are smaller than a hex - there are many cities in the game that are several times smaller than a hex. Hex is a tool, not a limit.
It is especially interesting where several autonomous/independent regions are near each other, which could open door to a microstate affairs AAR.

I propose a regular modern day 2020 scenario but with small countries/independent regions added. Countries like Abhazia, Osetia, Chechnya (colony?), Ingushetia (low relation rebellous colony), Jewish Oblast (colony), Transnistria, Gagauzia, Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, Åland, South Tyrol (colony), Trentino (colony) Heligoland (colony), Vatican, Monaco, San Marino, Lichtenstein, Campione d'Italia (colony), Livigno (colony), Nakhchivan, Wales (colony), Scotland (colony), Northern Ireland (colony), Gibraltar (colony), Greenland, Svalbard (colony)

Of course they could all be argued, but most could definitely be added, at least as colonies, especially for a scenario that would be designed to play with these autonomous/independent regions.

Would the developers or the modder community be willing to work on this? Or at least on adding several of these countries to the current maps perhaps?
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Re: world map with smaller countries added

Post by georgios »

Map file is locked for modders and developers are strongly unwilling to upgrade it.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

But weren't there mods with custom countries added?
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Its possible but not my taste, i rather fix what's already there.
Gameplay 1st
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Custom countries are recombinations of existing regions. For example the countries you want are impossible to be created.

Yo momma, could you tell us the method?
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Sure, first you give them a number in the .CVP file and make sure region loads from the .CVP file in .REGIONINCL file.

Then you have to create events to change loyalty from hexes and transfer them to the new region.

That's just to setup the region.
Gameplay 1st
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Can you give more details or a link?

Is this possible for SR2020 too?
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

So generally speaking... it would be too difficult to do without a map editor, right? I guess I'll join the group asking for the map editor then :D Would be nice editing the world to add many things I'd like to see. Would be happy to pay to get my hands on such an editor.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”