SRGW wishlists, feature requests and suggestions

Have a feature request for SRGW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Re: SRGW wishlists, feature requests and suggestions

Post by Zuikaku »

dax1 wrote:annex if neighboring
colonize if not neighboring
annex or liberate if neighboring
colonize or liberate if not neighboring
Please teach AI everything!
JollyGoodBork
Captain

Post by JollyGoodBork »

But when liberate? Surely we could come up with a logical rule here too
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

JollyGoodBork wrote:But when liberate? Surely we could come up with a logical rule here too
Liberate vs. colonize/annex

Democracy: 70:30
Dictatorship: 30:70
Monarchy: 40:60
Communism: 50:50
Theocracy: 20:80

also, input some internal check to release non-loyal hexes from time to time. So no occupation lasts forever. One of the triggers might be electional loss or govt change, coup...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If you guys like these suggestions, I'd suggest someone transfer them into a dedicated thread on AI annex/liberate/colonize. They're going to get lost in a "catch all" thread like this.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:If you guys like these suggestions, I'd suggest someone transfer them into a dedicated thread on AI annex/liberate/colonize. They're going to get lost in a "catch all" thread like this.
Do we need to open a thread for every suggestion? Maybe you can just give us which ones are under consideration so we don't open tens of the subjets on every suggestion available (and turn the forum into one giant wishlist)? Or you can just make list of suggestions and transfer it to George?
nick-bang
Colonel
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Post by nick-bang »

Balthagor wrote:
Zuikaku wrote:Just randomize this for start. It's better than nothing...
Oh, I disagree. I think that would be worse than nothing.
I agree - this is a tight game with a very specific and not-sandbox concept.

On the other hand there is a valid point that Zuikaku is making... I think we need to find middle ground here ?
JollyGoodBork
Captain

Post by JollyGoodBork »

Balthagor wrote:If you guys like these suggestions, I'd suggest someone transfer them into a dedicated thread on AI annex/liberate/colonize. They're going to get lost in a "catch all" thread like this.
Would you prefer said thread to be in Great War - General Discussion forum, or is this more of a general discussion on SR in its entirety?

But to answer the question, I definitely think this discussion is going somewhere. So yeah, let's keep this discussion going.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Zuikaku wrote:Do we need to open a thread for every suggestion? ...
Generally, it's a good idea. I had posted a long time ago that I would always prefer 10 threads over 1 thread with 10 topics. I know that's not always convenient for when people are posting, but it works better for linking discussions to tasks.
Zuikaku wrote:Maybe you can just give us which ones are under consideration...
I don't have a set list, and even if I did it's like announcing an incomplete feature. The forum has taught me that someone is going to take something suggested in our list as gospel truth must be in then yell at us when plans change. We've got a very good forum here, but that's because we are careful with how we do our interactions.
JollyGoodBork wrote:...thread to be in Great War...
SRGW general is fine. When we get into bigger discussions I might add another forum section.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Stand_Sure_Anderson
Sergeant

Post by Stand_Sure_Anderson »

Smarter Colonies would be a nice one, the ability for them to manage and expand their economies and forces would make the game more interesting.

Could lead to events like the Soviets having to enter Hungary in the Cold war 1956 and so forth.
nick-bang
Colonel
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Post by nick-bang »

Stand_Sure_Anderson wrote:Smarter Colonies would be a nice one, the ability for them to manage and expand their economies and forces would make the game more interesting.

Could lead to events like the Soviets having to enter Hungary in the Cold war 1956 and so forth.

We are talking WW1 here ?

And during WW 1 colonies was kept in tight check. Not one was allowed to do anything on their own, let alone declare indepence.

In SRU I agree...
Stand_Sure_Anderson
Sergeant

nick-bang wrote:
Stand_Sure_Anderson wrote:Smarter Colonies would be a nice one, the ability for them to manage and expand their economies and forces would make the game more interesting.

And during WW 1 colonies was kept in tight check. Not one was allowed to do anything on their own, let alone declare indepence.

In SRU I agree...
That is a fair view, but after the war it started to get interesting.

It could be a case of you have to keep the colonies in check.

Would be good to see how the Soviet revolution is managed
nick-bang
Colonel

Post by nick-bang »

Stand_Sure_Anderson wrote:
nick-bang wrote:

In SRU I agree...
That is a fair view, but after the war it started to get interesting.

It could be a case of you have to keep the colonies in check.

Would be good to see how the Soviet revolution is managed
I agree: But the REAL and FACTUAL drive for independence did NOT happen until after WW 2 .....
So scripted seems to be the ticket ?
Stand_Sure_Anderson
Sergeant

Yeah I'd say scripted like when they do a change of Era UI.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Are missile build codes going to be revised? AI really builds unhealty mix of missiles. I know this is not very relevant to WW1 era, but since all the changes are going to be implemented to SRU I consider this question to be legitimate.
BigAraWalkedToMe
Corporal

Post by BigAraWalkedToMe »

I really look forward for this edition :-)

My suggestions, that frustrates me in the present games of Supreme Ruler:
- Make the Middle part of Gulf of Suez International zone (not Suez Canal)
- Same with Sea of Marmara: make it an International zone ( not Bosporus itself nor Dardanelles)
- Submarines in harbors or near the coast are always visible, or even better: add sea depth to the game. (not all subs can reach near the bottom, and not every sub can as deep as other subs)
- Possibility to create alliances in the SetUp, not only for your own country, but also for the enemies (for instance; I wished I could fight with the Western Countries against this alliance: Serbia, Belarus, Russia, China, North Korea, Armenia, Syria, Iran, Colombia, Cuba, ...) Also a possibility to Select Neutral countries in SetUp. (Those will only go into war if attacked)
- More co-operation between allianced countries. ( Help me, I need in that city some troops. Can you help?)
- Possibility to exchange hexes with other countries or preventing weird borders.
- for 2030 and later: Bridge between Djibouti and Jemen, bridge between Corsica and Sardinia, bridge between Italy and Sicilly, bridge Italy and Albania, bridge between Helsingborg and Helsingor, bridge between Ireland and England, Bridge between Spain and Morocco, bridge between Russia and Crimea. A lot of these are planned bridges.
- More diplomacy options
- When a country declares war at the player, it doesn't send just only one time its troops, but acts a little bit tactical
- When a country declares war, there is a reason visible, also when it is happening at other countries than the players' country. You can add your degree of approvement (also visible from other counties)
- Possibility to give defeated countries their independence back if conquered. But also if (a part of ) Kurdistan or Tibet is conquered.
- If a country (ies) can't fight anymore, there will become peace instead of contiously fighting; Countries can invest, and can start a fight again. If there become peace after a war, there should be a possibilty it could become a war again on short term.
- more options to select easily kind of units.
- more options to use keyboard instead of the mouse.
- Crossing a boarder doesn't need to become a war. (airplane, happens all the time with Russia in NATO-countries)
- Possibility to instruct your units to cross the border of only one country if it wants to.
- Possibility to instruct your units to conquer until a natural border as mountains or rivers. (so they won't cross)
- More Guerilla, sometimes supported by countries who doesnt have guerilla like: Scotland, Belgium (Flanders supported by the Netherlands and Wallonia supported by France), North Italy, Bayern, Catalonya, Kurdistan, Chechnya
- Starting with the borders of now and here (Nagorno Karabach as part of Armenia, Western Sahara as part of Morocco, but also Crimea, South Ossetia, Abchazia, Kasjmir, ...

Other improvements that are needed because it's weird or not correct yet
- sea borders that are changing while coast land isn't
- When France is elminated, an Island as Port-de-France (carribbean) is not weirdly divided in other countries. SAme for other countries for where this happens.
- Alliance between east-bosnia and serbia
- amount of oil derricks / platforms needs to go up: Danmark, Germany, the Netherlands
- Neutrality of Switzerland and other neutral countries.

Return to “Suggestions - SRGW”