Third party relations effect

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Third party relations effect

Post by YoMomma »

What does it do? I cant really find anything about it, besides all the diplomacy wishes which never been granted.

I think this option give extra negative effects when declaring war like breaking treaties? Im not sure tho.
Gameplay 1st
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Third party relations effect

Post by GIJoe597 »

My understanding is very basic simply based on the wording. Third Party Relations means how a "third parties" action against other countries affect me. I "assume" when I am allied with a country it has a greater affect.

Example: If I am allies with the UK and Serbia declares war on them, it affects my diplomatic views of Serbia, adding CB. I do not know if it compounds over time or it is a one time movement.

I cannot point to any particular "official" post about this currently, this is my understanding of the process.

To be fair, I am struggling with understanding how relationships evolve in SRU. I cannot seem to get a handle on why A does this or B does that. *befuddled* At times I think the system has been pulled from one extreme to the other, that it no longer represents any rationality.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

I hear you, i feel like this option where you can suport or oppose ruling party kicked in for AI but AI does not know what to do with it (yet).

Thanks for your answer.

Maybe it got positive and negative effects, but without that option none of this applies? Or this option just multiplies the effect?

I think we need to discuss relations and their effects so we can please most of the community instead of 1 side or the other.
That is up to BG tho, they know what they implented.

Meanwhile im back at SR2020. I think i can see effect faster there.
Gameplay 1st
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Maybe i thought about this option too much.

Only effect i noted is with turned off i dont care if other region declare war. I get 0% CB when other region declare war and relations are unafected, this doesnt apply to allied nations however. If allied region declare war my relations toward them drop and i get CB. And if other region declare war on ally i get 100% CB.

Now with this option turned on my relations toward ally does not change if they declare war and i get 0% CB. I get CB however if other region declare war and my relations towards them drop.

So it is just the opposite and this party 'Third party relations' are effected when turned off if you look at your ally.

Now back to SRU..
Gameplay 1st

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”