3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

MK4
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by MK4 »

Isn`t the T-55 complete already? As for the MiG-21 I`d rather get a Rafale which does not exist at all in vanilla, but if the Fishbed gets you inspired go for that of course.
scougys
Warrant Officer

Post by scougys »

When is the update comes in out?
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

MK4 wrote:Isn`t the T-55 complete already? As for the MiG-21 I`d rather get a Rafale which does not exist at all in vanilla, but if the Fishbed gets you inspired go for that of course.
It is just examples. I have no idea what I will end up making. I can tell you though that the Rafale (and a few other Dassault aircraft) are something I hope to make at some point.
scougys wrote:When is the update comes in out?
Like I said a few replies back I do not know when next update will happen at all. I am not even going to give any kind of estimates.
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

Perhaps finishing some of the wip units that would require the least amount of work would be the best way to use your energy (whenever you decide to give this another shot).
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Technically speaking finishing off a half done model might not be faster than building something completely new, depending on what it is.

To give an example these submarines have probably not taken more time than it would take to finish off the Enterprise
Two of the are still incomplete but being submarines they are quite fast to make.

That said my approach will very much be simply to work on what I like and generally try to avoid working 5+ hours in a row on it.
Making thing like the planned AEGIS conversion for USS Long Beach, Chinas planned Aircraft carrier or say making a hypothetical 6th generation fighter jet or railgun armed stealth battleship along the lines of the Zumwalt would also cut some time as I can cut research and gathering reference quite hard.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Progress is not the fastest but I am still getting a bit done.
The Spruance in particular still need some texture work in some places. The other vehicles mainly just a generic texture set. The latter is not going to be hard as the textures are made specifically to support the creation of more camouflage patterns. Patterns like the ROK and US still take a decent time though as does the French though that is currently more down to the geometry of the Leclerc than anything else.
The M270 will not be including a lot of different pattens for the initial release though it might very well come later.
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

I`m really impressed with how much detail you manage to put into these low poly units. The APC in particular.
nick-bang
Colonel
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Post by nick-bang »

SO Impressive. I hope that BG will find a place for you in some capacity when they start up again now with the new project !
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We certainly appreciate the work that goes into these!
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I am naturally glad you all like this. Indeed it does take quite a bit of time to make but that is how it is and getting as many details right as possible just does take some time.
Sorry I do not have more to show than this half finished vehicle for now but I have had some family issues. Long story short my grandmother died yesterday and despite her being both old and suffering from an advanced case of dementia it is naturally going to have an effect.
I hope I can get more work done in the coming weeks but at the same time I have to prioritise especially my mother who is affected quite hard by this.
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

My condolences to you and your family.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Condolences from us as well.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

I'm sorry for your loss...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

But it's also our gain :D
Please teach AI everything!
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

When I say getting more done in the coming weeks it is compared to that last roughly 10 day period where I have basically not gotten anything done at all.

That said I have gotten a few hours or work done on the Komatsu LAV.
It might still need some tweaks but this is largely how it will end up looking.
tris count is around 930
I have decided not to include the large flags that was painted onto the vehicle during its Iraq deployment despite the 360 degree gunner shield being a typical feature used during this deployment.
The wheels are not 100% accurate as they are stolen outright from the MCV. I might change that at some point.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”