Supreme Ruler Ultimate Versioon 9.0.70 Update Released

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

George Geczy
General

Supreme Ruler Ultimate Versioon 9.0.70 Update Released

Post by George Geczy »

Changelog:

Version 9.0.70
  • Tactical nukes will now auto fire if missile & unit are set for opp fire & nuke use on
  • Cannot turn on launch authority for a Strategic Nuke (only Tactical)
  • Clear out product display data when a region dies (not in saves; visual only)
  • Supply unit over-deployment / repeat deploy attempt issue resolved
  • Supply units should attempt to refill cargo before departing on resupply mission
  • Improved some performance elements esp on single-player games
  • Exile regions with land but no urban hex will lose their land
  • Fix UI element in notifications and notification lists (flags, positioning of items, etc)
  • Fixed Fuel/Ammo "capture" when capturing water hexes
  • Adjusted Fuel/Ammo capture amounts based on total stocks
  • Content Fixes: Leaders for Modern World updated
  • GlobalCrisis.scenario now uses same CVP and RegionIncl as W2020 (unified)
  • Regional changes to Cypress, French Colonies, Falklands, Serb Republic, etc
  • ISIS and Kurdistan are now active regions
  • Map Fixes (Names, Facilities)
  • Russian North passage is now international waterway
  • Sea Transport "early unload" when passing port / land issue resolved
  • Unload command will preference pier/port and facing direction over other adjacent hexes
  • Can no longer load/unload planes onto ships if not at port
  • Fixed possible issue of colonies without parents if region file not complete
  • Units without a valid region now eliminated on load
  • Implemented AI Theatre Transfer list - better AI long distance pathing
  • Fixed/updated aistance / playeraistance use & definitions (may affect save games)
  • Aistance can now be set from Lobby Game Settings (AI defensive/aggressive etc)
  • AI election losses only cause full political shift on Volatility High or Very High
  • When not doing full polshift. AI election losses will align civ/dip rels
  • Greater use of high volatility settings
  • Exiled regions that return to life will be with same leader (no gov change or polshift)
  • AI Alliances will tend to be more spaced out
  • Minimap slides to right instead of down (more screen area)
  • New Facilities available: Trump Tower, Trump Wall
  • Equipment List adjustments and changes as suggested by Zuikaku's Mod
  • Default Volatility levels increased for some sandboxes (GC is now Very High)
The game includes significantly updated content in the Modern World scenarios (Global Crisis, World 2020, Shattered World), including up to date world leaders and revised map elements.

In addition, if you install the Free "Trump Rising" DLC, you will gain:
  • Trump Rising (2017 Inauguration Sandbox)
  • Make America Great (2020 Split US Sandbox)
  • Divided States (2020 Individual US States Sandbox)
  • Trump Rising Campaign (2020 US Campaign)
George Geczy
General

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate Versioon 9.0.70 Update Released

Post by George Geczy »

Thanks to some quick feedback on today's update, we've managed to squash a few issues and have pushed some fixes:

Version 9.0.71 Changes
  • Fixed Social And Taxation screens using wrong datacode (icons)
  • Fixed orientation of Trump Wall to east-west
  • Some Adjustments to ISIL relations (world gets belli, Syria-ISIS, etc)
  • Fixed applyapproval code for handling approval penalties more consistently
  • US partitions have been given US Military Unit Availability
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Post by YoMomma »

George whats the deal with relations between Ukraine and Russia/rest of the world? Its bothering me since SRU came out. You guys changed it compared to SR2020, but why???
Ill check the update later for the marine pathing because if it is really fixed good job on that.
Gameplay 1st
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

I'm not that much into "special scenarios" but I do appreciate to see you are still improving this marvelous and by fast best tactical AI game ever existed!
George Geczy wrote: Tactical nukes will now auto fire if missile & unit are set for opp fire & nuke use on
Ok this I really like. I always wondered why my units never used them
George Geczy wrote: Cannot turn on launch authority for a Strategic Nuke (only Tactical)
Great improvement!
George Geczy wrote: Supply unit over-deployment / repeat deploy attempt issue resolved
Superb!
George Geczy wrote: Improved some performance elements esp on single-player games
This game already is the best performance with so many units on such a huge map! Never seen this in any other game!
George Geczy wrote: Russian North passage is now international waterway
Finally! :) You might actually have an event trigger for this: blocked by ice in winter and open for a few months in summer
George Geczy wrote: Sea Transport "early unload" when passing port / land issue resolved
Yippie! Had this bug many times especially when going around some land mass
George Geczy wrote: Implemented AI Theatre Transfer list - better AI long distance pathing
Does this mean, russian troops in the far east will now help their western comrades against german invasion or the USA actively sending their troops to
UK/France to help fight adolf?
George Geczy wrote: Fixed/updated aistance / playeraistance use & definitions (may affect save games)
Aistance can now be set from Lobby Game Settings (AI defensive/aggressive etc)
Yikes, all agressive! LOL
George Geczy wrote: AI Alliances will tend to be more spaced out
Personally I think there are too many Alliances and Alliances seem to be forever isn't really fun. As it hinders the AI to expand while human opponents keep expanding!
The goal even of the AI should be based on the game winning setting, if it's set to total domination, so this should be the goal of any AI:"try to conquer as much as possible even if this means going to war against to allied nations.

Question 2: is the south-east Asia Thailand pathing bug fixed now?
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

mrgenie wrote:I'm not that much into "special scenarios" but I do appreciate to see you are still improving this marvelous and by fast best tactical AI game ever existed!
Personally I think there are too many Alliances and Alliances seem to be forever isn't really fun. As it hinders the AI to expand while human opponents keep expanding!
The goal even of the AI should be based on the game winning setting, if it's set to total domination, so this should be the goal of any AI:"try to conquer as much as possible even if this means going to war against to allied nations.
I completely agree. So no China declaring 15 wars in 2 months. That's totally unrealistic. China will loose soon and then you have no1 doing anything (after Russia did the same thing). Very boring.

It would be nice if the ai checks for units available and send them to specific region before declaring war. I mean in my last game, China declare war on India, India steam rolls Tibet before Chinese troops arrive, then when Indian troops are in the middle of nowhere they start a war against pakistan with 1 infantry.
Another example, Russia steam rolls into europe, winning alot but sending all forces from the east to europe, once they arrived they declared war on South Korea (where are the times that North Korea would win once in a while, guess it's due to the weakness of garrisons compared to SR2020). Anyway Russia starts a war with 1 old infantry and 1 AA |O
edit: spoke a bit too soon, Russia finished some wars in Europe and now going full force on South Korea and decided to declare war on China.

Marine pathing for Netherlands seem to be fixed, yay!
Also think ai does not send units across other region naval waters without transit treaty/enemy anymore so thats very good!

Theres one other small issue i noticed tho. AA and artillery does not seem to care if the hex is friendly and happily cross thru enemy hexes to get where they want to be. I think this issue is due to land recaptured and path already going of the aa/artillery.

Hex 1585,049 some merchant marines from Russia get stuck there, also quite alot of troops are out of supply arround 1585,059, not sure if some unloaded there and ai cant figure out the rest need a port or something (altho i see some vodnik which cant unload without port). I think this happened when SK captured Vladivostok.
Gameplay 1st
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

George Geczy wrote:Changelog:

[*] Equipment List adjustments and changes as suggested by Zuikaku's Mod
Do you have list of changes you have ported from the mod since I assume you did not include all of the changes? When I continue work on the mod, I woul'd like to know which file to use and it woul'd be very time consuming process to check for every change if it made in stock game.

Anyway, thank you for another great updeate. hope it is not the last one :-)
Please teach AI everything!
Terran1969
Warrant Officer

Post by Terran1969 »

Seems to be some nice updates hear so i will head off and play GC2020 and see what els could be improved if anything. Lol if its really good then you wont hear from me for a week or so as il still be playing same game i like to play long games so i guess im looking for some AI staying power throuout the duration of the game eg things keep happening and no mass alliance fest after a few mounths.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

CB system is messed up. Region declares war and get CB/provocation against you, while you gain no CB. Tested in 'Make America Great Again', GC, but '2017 Trump Rising' is fine. Don't know about the other 2020 scenario's im no tester :lol:

About merchant marines entering without treaty i have to rephrase myself. Scenario got a bit easier since Canada and Independent states get free kills from Eastern Alliance trying to do the tango with merchant marines.
Gameplay 1st
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

mrgenie wrote:
The goal even of the AI should be based on the game winning setting, if it's set to total domination, so this should be the goal of any AI:"try to conquer as much as possible even if this means going to war against to allied nations?
Forget this. Putting AI Stance on agressive and it does exactly what I want :)

Another major plus improvement!

You can get the global AI stance on defensive, agressive, passive (isn't that the same as defensive?)
and with agressive I get the game I want (UK, China, USA, all conquering to rule the world) splendid!
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

YoMomma wrote:CB system is messed up. Region declares war and get CB/provocation against you, while you gain no CB. Tested in 'Make America Great Again', GC, but '2017 Trump Rising' is fine. Don't know about the other 2020 scenario's im no tester :lol:

About merchant marines entering without treaty i have to rephrase myself. Scenario got a bit easier since Canada and Independent states get free kills from Eastern Alliance trying to do the tango with merchant marines.
Actually I can't confirm this.
If I logon with Germany, High volatility and agressive AI global stance... it goes up quickly to 100% to most countries who gain CB against me..
but I also gain CB against some countries like Poland, Finland, etc.

I do this with medium volatility, it goes much slower up

I do this with the Netherlands. it doesn't go up for most countries but only for Germany/Italy..

If I make alliances, it goes up/down based on alliances..
if I don't make alliances, sooner or later all kinda start not to like me..

this again is based on sphere of influence as far as I can tell.

so CB is based on:
1) volatility
2) Allied with...
3) the country you're playing with
4) global AI stance
5) sphere of influence on/off

probably some more parameters.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

mrgenie wrote:
YoMomma wrote:CB system is messed up. Region declares war and get CB/provocation against you, while you gain no CB. Tested in 'Make America Great Again', GC, but '2017 Trump Rising' is fine. Don't know about the other 2020 scenario's im no tester :lol:
Actually I can't confirm this.
If I logon with Germany, High volatility and agressive AI global stance... it goes up quickly to 100% to most countries who gain CB against me..
but I also gain CB against some countries like Poland, Finland, etc.
Yes for me too in 2017 scenario, but not for global crisis or 'Make America Great Again', maybe because of very high volatility? Not sure im happy with the cb changes in 2017 tho. More SR2020 like.
I do this with the Netherlands. it doesn't go up for most countries but only for Germany/Italy..
Yes seems more got connected to influence/influenceval in the .cvp modding file. It's getting very complicated but i like it, except the issue i mentioned ofcourse, that makes no sense.
Gameplay 1st
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

YoMomma wrote: Yes seems more got connected to influence/influenceval in the .cvp modding file. It's getting very complicated but i like it, except the issue i mentioned ofcourse, that makes no sense.
Depends on the observer. A lot makes no sense in the real world. But it is a game, and it can't be 100% human behavior. All I wanted was a more agressive AI. Conquering .. so if you as human player don't do anything except Nation Building, in the end you always win.

This is now not the case anymore since the rising CB allows AI's to conquer more and more without penalties.

I do wonder however, in my games it's Brittain conquering the world.

But no one declaring war on brittain. In the real world, you'd expect at some point half of Europa, USA, China, Russia to interfere.

So although I prefer the current system over the old. There needs to be more logik how other AI's respond to a Nation conquering one after the other.

At least 20 countries are already conquered by the Brittish in my game :)

Soon they rule over USA, China, Russia, Germany combined!
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Some of the CB changes may also be related to the Military Difficulty setting (which now defaults to very high in some sandboxes), I'll check into that.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Zuikaku wrote:
George Geczy wrote:Changelog:

[*] Equipment List adjustments and changes as suggested by Zuikaku's Mod
Do you have list of changes you have ported from the mod since I assume you did not include all of the changes? When I continue work on the mod, I woul'd like to know which file to use and it woul'd be very time consuming process to check for every change if it made in stock game.
Actually, the decision was made to accept ALL your changes at present. The only changes we made to your 1.7 file were in the facilities section.

I probably should have discussed that more with you, but it's been busy :) I also understand that some of your changes require tech tree modifications that we haven't made yet, that will be worked on shortly.

-- George.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Started my first game with 9.0.71 (you should probably change thread name to latest version) and I really like that there seem to be more wars starting around the globe! And they are also quite realistic. For example in 194X Mexico expanded through central america all the way to colombia, Italy took Spain, Turkey, Egypt, Iran, Brazil attacked Paraguay and Ecuador and I noticed even some really small countries were at war. At the same time, it still feels balanced, there are no really wild and stupid wars going on. This is all on default settings, haven't touched a thing. Performance seems to be alright, I only run game on very fast. Here is the savegame if anyone's interested: http://www.megafileupload.com/7f27/furDominik.SAV
Performance seems to be alright and I'm NOT noticing any slow downs yet.
Unit pathfinding also seems to be better now.
Haven't tried multiplayer.
Also curious whether older savegames will benefit from the update.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”