SRU Update and "Trump Rising" DLC

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

George Geczy
General

SRU Update and "Trump Rising" DLC

Post by George Geczy »

The new update for Supreme Ruler Ultimate will be live on Tuesday, July 26th. We are also releasing a new content pack DLC for free, titled Supreme Ruler Ultimate: Trump Rising

http://store.steampowered.com//app/494110

The DLC will add three new sandbox maps and a new campaign, based on everyone's favorite builder-of-walls-and-greatness, Donald Trump.

The DLC is free to all owners of Supreme Ruler Ultimate.

Even without the DLC, SRU has been updated with new world relationships and leaders in our popular Global Crisis and World 2020 Sandbox maps.

More details will be posted shortly.

Thank you all for your continue support!

-- BattleGoat Studios Team.
Jack16
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: SRU Update and "Trump Rising" DLC

Post by Jack16 »

I thought you guys was kidding... My God this is awesome! The DLC looks awesome. And yey, ISIS!

Can't wait to test it out! And off course you are releasing it the day I go on vacation, oh well I will try it on Sunday then!
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

George, apologies for asking an old question, but do you think at some point SR Ultimate might be available other than through steam? I saw SR 2010 and SR2020 for example are available on GOG. Any chance for something like that concerning SRU?
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Is this also the super patch with all the fixes in or is that due later this year still?

But, cannot wait to play this!
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
horus
Private

Post by horus »

You represent Isis as a democracy? Hell, this is disgusting. There is something called a brutal religious dictatorship. I loved the DLC but when I saw that screenshot on steam I wished to inform you that this is not helping people who fight against terror in the real world. Please correct this terrible mistake
http://store.steampowered.com/app/494110/
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam ... 1469466999
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

You guys should add Rojava! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rojava By the way, super excited for the DLC!
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

MK4 wrote:George, apologies for asking an old question, but do you think at some point SR Ultimate might be available other than through steam? I saw SR 2010 and SR2020 for example are available on GOG. Any chance for something like that concerning SRU?
This will eventually happen, but unfortunately not in the immediate future. It's much easier to support an update a game on steam, versus the old custom update/install/patching system that we had made for our prior titles. We're keeping it in mind, though.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

horus wrote:You represent Isis as a democracy?
You are correct, that was a mistake. They will be in game as a Theocracy government type.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Cdiplayer wrote:You guys should add Rojava! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rojava By the way, super excited for the DLC!
The modern maps now have Kurdistan as an independent region, and that includes both Syrian and Iraqi Kurd regions combined into one.
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

Is merchant marine path issue fixed ? the one in all scenarios? and when update is going hit to stream?
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

George Geczy wrote:
MK4 wrote:George, apologies for asking an old question, but do you think at some point SR Ultimate might be available other than through steam? I saw SR 2010 and SR2020 for example are available on GOG. Any chance for something like that concerning SRU?
This will eventually happen, but unfortunately not in the immediate future. It's much easier to support an update a game on steam, versus the old custom update/install/patching system that we had made for our prior titles. We're keeping it in mind, though.
I am fairly sure GOG can do auto-updates steam style with their galaxy client and considering the number of online games distributed through Origin and Uplay I would be surprised if they cannot do that also.

Also I am one of those that really do not like steam and only use it out of necessity so consider this a +1 for another platform like say GOG.
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

George Geczy wrote: This will eventually happen, but unfortunately not in the immediate future.
That means you`re still planing to add content and fixes to the game so that in itself is good news too. I`ve waited for so long I can wait some more. Thank you for the reply!

A couple more questions:

1. is Transnistria presently included in SRU?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnistria
I know it was missing in the last version of the game that I have. It`s one of the frozen conflicts and a key region so I`m hoping it has been added or if not that you might consider adding it in the future.

2. have you enabled the "refit to" option for units? I`m referring to what used to be column R in SR2020` Default.unit. Ideally it would have been used to switch between a ground attack and interceptor version of a multirole fighter and because it was left unused we ended up with a ground attack Gripen/Eurofighter/etc. and an air superiority Gripen/Eurofighter/etc. as different units. Not the biggest issue I suppose, but still, it was rather unfair towards nations equipped solely with multiroles like the F-16 and such and it beats the purpose of the multirole fighter concept.
xwerswoodx
Lieutenant

Post by xwerswoodx »

WhiteJP wrote:George, when will the sandbox show up? It downloaded, but, no Trump Rising in my sandbox list.

James.
I have same problem, I downloded it but nothing come to sandbox list, and I can't download it again because it said I have already had it.
rangers456
Sergeant

Post by rangers456 »

I have sru on two of my computers, i got the dlc on one but not on the other one. on the one i didn't get it on I downloaded the update before the dlc was released, on the one i did get it on i downloaded the update with the dlc, not sure if this helps but just letting you guys know. I also tried deleting and reinstalling sru entirety on the one that i didn't get it on. Unfortunately it didn't work.
"Do you know what a soldier is? He's the chap who makes it possible for civilized folk to despise war.”
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

MK4 wrote:
George Geczy wrote: This will eventually happen, but unfortunately not in the immediate future.
That means you`re still planing to add content and fixes to the game so that in itself is good news too. I`ve waited for so long I can wait some more. Thank you for the reply!

A couple more questions:

1. is Transnistria presently included in SRU?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnistria
I know it was missing in the last version of the game that I have. It`s one of the frozen conflicts and a key region so I`m hoping it has been added or if not that you might consider adding it in the future.
Not last i checked.. i had to insert it via scripting etc for the modern world mod
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”