Zuikaku's mod

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Re: Zuikaku's balance mod

Post by Zuikaku »

mattpilot wrote:Seems like you made good chances, Zuikaku - great job!
Thank you!
mattpilot wrote: I was wondering if i could bother you with a version where you basically strip out all units except those marked as 'global' and 'USA" and remark those as 'global'.

I'm obsessed with the idea that every country should have the same set of units available for 'balance' - and the USA seems to have the biggest set of units in every category.
not planned at this stage (my god, I sound like THEM) :-)

Maybe later (and it seems like a time consuming and boring task to be honest - and it can not be done with "replace with" command). Problem is I'm kinda history freak so I want to have correct data first and AI building more historical units. Maybe after I figure out how to correct turboprop tech research...
Please teach AI everything!
Tnarg
Colonel

Post by Tnarg »

Ok here goes, I have included some links with some pretty good descriptions and specifications. I will have to say that the Wunderwaffe link is an overall great link catorgorizing and listing a variety of units from ships, missiles, interceptors, bombers, and land units. The luft46.com has more aircraft than I could list in one sitting, but a great site for just about every German prototype aircraft.

http://luft46.com
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wunderwaffe
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entwicklung_series
http://www.achtungpanzer.com/entwicklun ... tm#eseries
http://secretprojects.co.uk
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-class ... _proposals

Here are a few units

Land Units:
Flak panzer IV Kugelblitz, fully enclosed SP-AA
Sturer Emil 12.8cm SP heavy tank destroyer
Panzer VII Lowe 76ton ,105mm L/70 gun, 100mm frontal armor 27kph super heavy tank
Panzer VII Schwerer Lowe 90ton, 88mm L/71 gun, 120mm frontal armor 35kph super heavy tank
Panzerkampfwagon E series tanks. E-5, E-10, E-25, E-50, E-75, E-100

Naval Units:
H-39 enlarged Bismark 63,600tons, x8 40.6cm guns
H-41 76,003tons, x8 42cm guns
H-42 120,010tons, x8 48cm guns
H-44 141,507tons, x8 50.8cm guns
There are a ton of subs listed too

Interceptors: here are a few but there are so many more on luft46.com
Focke-Wulf Ta 283
He-162 A-1 30mm cannon
He-162 A-2 20mm cannon, more ammo
He-162 A-8 more powerful engine
He P.1078B radar!
He P.1079A
Junkers EF 128
Lippisch P.13a
Lippisch P.13b
Me-262 and the many variants
Me-263 upgrade of the ME-163
Messerschmitt P.1101
Ho X
Ho XIII B

Bombers:
He-111Z-2 x4 Henschell Hs-293 Anti-ship missiles
He-111Z-3 6000km range reconnaissance
He-111Z Zwilling dual fuselage
Focke-Wulf Ta-400 Amerika Bomber candidate
Ju-390 Amerika Bomber candidate
Ju-488A AB candidate
Arado E.555 jet AB candidate
Ho XVII jet AB candidate
Arado E.560 jet tactical bomber
He 343 jet tactical bomber
Junkers EF 132 tactical bomber

CAS:
Junkers 187 maybe better AA defense due to its innovative tail
Junkers 287 forward-swept wing
Blohm & Voss P.178
Blohm & Voss BV-141
HS-132

VTOL and Helicopters: Figure some of these could be treated as helicopters in that they don't need airfields to operate out of even though they were interceptors.
Heinkel "Wespe"
Henkel "Lerche II"
Wesserflug P.1003
Fa-269 VTOL tilt rotor intercepted
Focke-Wulf Triebflugel
Flettner Fl282 recon helicopter
Focke-Achgelis Fa 223 ASW/RCN helicopter

Missiles and Rockets:
A1-12 rockets
Enzian early SAM
Feurerlilie F-25 SAM
Feuerlilie F-55 two stage SAM
Fritz X ASM
Henschell Hs 117 SAM
Henschell Hs 117 AA missile
Henschell Hs 293 ASM
Henschell HS 294 ASM
Henschell HS 298 AA missile
Rheinbote mobile ballistic missile
Rheintochter SAM
Ruhrstahl X-4 AA missile
Wasserfall AA rocket

Hope this gives you something to think about. There may be some on this list that are already in the unit file.

Thanks for additions to SRU, your additions thus far have really enhanced the game.
Jimbobq11
Corporal

Post by Jimbobq11 »

Zuikaku, you are making my dreams come true. This mod, coupled with Thadwookie's ETW 1936 Sandbox Mod (nudge) would make SR:U unrivaled in terms of awesomeness. Thanks for the work you're doing, I have collected a lot of unit related gripes in my 400+ hours of playtime, and you have fixed many of them. Here's a suggestion; The U.S. B-36 bomber only has a missile size limit of 8, even though I'm pretty sure its bomb bay rivaled the B-52 in terms of size. Not that big a deal, but it erks me.
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

Welp - i got bored enough to make the changes myself that i wanted ;-)

Took zuikaku's mod and changed following:

- reduced all units to USA and 'worldwide' and made them available to all
- increased manpower required for each unit by x10 (so basically they are now divisions) - this has the benefit of greatly decluttering the world and making each unit with all its stats more valuable and perhaps even worthwhile to micromanage to get hte most out of the special characteristics
- doubled terrain supply resistance (basically supply decay per hex jump -> rivers/water now stops supply cold without bridge, jungle & desert basically have no supply without roads) -> slows wars down a bit and makes things more tactical. No racing across unsupplied areas. It seems the AI knows how to resupply.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the mod and i wont post a download link - just wanted to share and know that your work is appreciated, zuikaku!
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

Hello and thanks for the mod

Is it usable with 2020 and Cold War scenarios?

regards,

Burak
Tnarg
Colonel

Post by Tnarg »

Here are some great instructions that Zuikaku wrote on getting Zuikaku's mod to work and how to recache. I believe that since he wrote these he added a map file to his mod that goes into the map folder. Pay close attention to the part about looking like your program freezes, if I didn't know that bit, I would have got frustrated and shut my computer off never to return to SRU.

"As for recaching, first you need to replace your default.unit file with the one I have e-mailed to you. Then you also replace AIparamas file with the one I have sent to you. Then in your cache folder delete the file from scenario you want to play (eg. if you wanna play 1936 sandbox, you delete SR1936.sav file in SR ultimate cache folder. After that go to the game, select single player, 1936 sandbox game and start the scenario. When you do that, scenario won't start, and nothing will happen (you might think program freezed, but it is not, it is really building new cache in the background. After the cache is done (it may take a few minutes depending on the processing power of your PC), you will be automatically return to main menu. Now exit the program, find SR save folder and look for the CACHED - SR1936.sav file. Copy this file into your game cache folder (the one where you have previouslu deleted SR1936.sav file). Rename the file to SR1936.sav. Start the game. select 1936 sandbox scenario. Start it and enjoy."
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

thank you all for your support and kind words. to be honest I was not expecting that many people woul'd like my messing up with the game files. I certainly have more plans to expand this mod and I'll start working on it next week when I'll have more time and after i figure out how to sort the turboprop/jet/piston engine related techs which are now messed up.

@Tnarg
Thank you for the list , i'll take a look and add units that were most likely to be produced by Germany after '45. anyway, I will not add any exotic units that were designs out of desperation and highly unlikely to happen (like Lerche) or units that we do not have enough data on. I'll also try to add some Italian and japanese units if i find enough data (Ohkas will be added as manned anti ship missiles).

@Jimbobq11
If I remember correctly, B-36 bomb bay was not best suited for carrying missiles (it was not designed for that purpose since B-36 is WW2 design) so maybe original database entry is correct, but i might be wrong.

@mattpilot
Please, feel free to use the mod in whatever way you like. I'm doing this mos for my selfish reasons - to correct things in the game that are annoying me.

@burock82
Yes, the mod shoul'd be usable with modern scenarios if you recache the files. But as you can see from the list of changes, most changes are WW2 related.
Jimbobq11
Corporal

Post by Jimbobq11 »

I should have provided more clarification: My frustration with the bomb bay on the B-36 stems from the issue of the first atomic weapon available (10kt bomb, I believe) has a missile size of 10, not allowing it to fit in the bomb bay of the B-36. I'm pretty sure that in reality they were able to load our first A-bombs in the B-36.
Sigma
Sergeant

Post by Sigma »

Jimbobq11 wrote:Zuikaku, you are making my dreams come true. This mod, coupled with Thadwookie's ETW 1936 Sandbox Mod (nudge) would make SR:U unrivaled in terms of awesomeness.
I agree that maybe another mod, such as the 1936 mod, could incorporate this mod into theirs for an ultimate encompassing history, balance, flavor, and unit mod. That's what has bothered me, there have been quite a few major mods like Ruge and End of an Era which a ton of work was put into them and then they were abandoned and stuck, incompatible with new games or incomplete and broken. Instead of combining and keeping the useful portions of the mod up to date with the game, modders have to start over with each game or update.
Jimbobq11
Corporal

Post by Jimbobq11 »

@Sigma A unit-balance mod, such as this one, combined with ETW 1936 would, honestly, be the best game ever. ETW 1936 fixes so many issues, that with it installed, my only complaints about SR:U regard the management of annexed territory, and unbalanced unit trees. I am very happy that Zuikaku is working towards more Luft '46 type stuff. So awesome.
Tnarg
Colonel

Post by Tnarg »

Zuikaku, in the modern day sandbox (all three) I noticed that the Russian Spetsnaz are in dire need of an upgrade, as well as some of the other countries unique special forces.

Here are some comparisons:
Spetsnaz year 36 Profile 35/Spot35/Combat Time 25/FA14/SA12/HA12/CA18 cost 1.7 46 days
Elite Infantry Profile 130/Spot29/CT50/FA20/SA24/HA18/CA27 cost 58.94 54 days
Green Berets US Profile 140/Spot29/CT50/FA20/SA24/HA18/CA33 cost9.97 54 days
Special Forces US Profile 140/SPot29/CT100/FA20/SA25/HA20/CA28 cost84.15 54 days
Ranger US. Profile 140/Spot29/CT15/FA35/SA24/HA12/CA12 cost13.19 54 days

The British have Commandos and the French have Special Forces/Mountain but they are also like the Spetsnaz with 1936 stats.

A request that I have would be to see more of these specialized units in the Modern Day sandbox games as it seems so much attention is on the use of specialized forces in real life modern day conflict.

The U.S. I am pretty happy with, maybe some variation in the Profile and Spotting, my opinion would be to give US Special Forces a higher profile and spotting and close defense as they are generally clandestine eyes and ears deep behind lines calling in air and missile strikes avoiding direct engagements. Too bad we can't mod in the fact that they might increase the chance for Partisans forming near them. Marine Force Recon would be nice too with a high spotting stat. Navy SEALs with a high FA and Naval attack (sinking ships in port?)and high stealth profile but very light in manpower and weight. Mountain Infantry too, very light and mobile with extensive training like airborne and marines, but maybe just give them a demo ability

I would like to see the French Foriegn Legion and while we are at it here is a list of some other countries special forces:

http://armedforcesmuseum.com/top-ten-sp ... the-world/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... rces_units

Thanks
Thadwookie
Major

Post by Thadwookie »

i recommend posting not just your afters like you are but your before the modded stat. For your own sake when modding, especially when you modded the unit prices. Telling me the statistic it is now gives me no idea as to what's really changed.
Thadwookie
Major

Post by Thadwookie »

Jimbobq11 wrote:Zuikaku, you are making my dreams come true. This mod, coupled with Thadwookie's ETW 1936 Sandbox Mod (nudge) would make SR:U unrivaled in terms of awesomeness. Thanks for the work you're doing, I have collected a lot of unit related gripes in my 400+ hours of playtime, and you have fixed many of them. Here's a suggestion; The U.S. B-36 bomber only has a missile size limit of 8, even though I'm pretty sure its bomb bay rivaled the B-52 in terms of size. Not that big a deal, but it erks me.

my work continues super major update coming. i do like the ideas of this mod. i may have to try it, i was just going to start adding world unit classes into the game too lets say for each Class major breakthrough like tank tech for each year, and naval tech for each year the tech is in the game, also needing to add alot alot of world class missles into the game. we'll see how far he goes to see what work i don't have to do, i'm more inclined to editing World patterns so if you want to be isolated you can be and not have to rely on the world powers to feed you unit designs, although theirs will always be better, but the ones you design will be plentiful for all, and fair.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Thadwookie wrote:
Jimbobq11 wrote:Zuikaku, you are making my dreams come true. This mod, coupled with Thadwookie's ETW 1936 Sandbox Mod (nudge) would make SR:U unrivaled in terms of awesomeness. Thanks for the work you're doing, I have collected a lot of unit related gripes in my 400+ hours of playtime, and you have fixed many of them. Here's a suggestion; The U.S. B-36 bomber only has a missile size limit of 8, even though I'm pretty sure its bomb bay rivaled the B-52 in terms of size. Not that big a deal, but it erks me.

my work continues super major update coming. i do like the ideas of this mod. i may have to try it, i was just going to start adding world unit classes into the game too lets say for each Class major breakthrough like tank tech for each year, and naval tech for each year the tech is in the game, also needing to add alot alot of world class missles into the game. we'll see how far he goes to see what work i don't have to do, i'm more inclined to editing World patterns so if you want to be isolated you can be and not have to rely on the world powers to feed you unit designs, although theirs will always be better, but the ones you design will be plentiful for all, and fair.
I'm not adding world units at the moment. too busy researching hypothethical axis units and adding missing WW2 units. ETA of my update is 48 hours (if I manage to upload due to file limits).
Thadwookie
Major

Post by Thadwookie »

Zuikaku wrote:
Thadwookie wrote:

I'm not adding world units at the moment. too busy researching hypothethical axis units and adding missing WW2 units. ETA of my update is 48 hours (if I manage to upload due to file limits).
Then i will lay the format and what u need all technical stuff ( name and number of techs required, and a tree of the "replaced by, everything u need for every land/air/sea/missle/ class)
and you if you wish can incorperate them and give them following stats of other like designs since it seems you're specialized in creating a really good unit base for the game, close to equal to but never better then super power designs, is what i'm after in the " world " designs. You can name it and stat it ill punch it in.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”