FIRST BETA RELEASE Triumph of the Kaiser mod

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Mrmustachieo
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler 1936 Triumph of the Kaiser mod

Post by Mrmustachieo »

Is there a download link? If not could you make one, as sort of a beta test to see how everything looks/works?
Mrmustachieo
Warrant Officer

Post by Mrmustachieo »

Also there would not be any polish state, since the Germans refused to acknowledged any polish representatives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Brest-Litovsk

They probably would just annex Russian Poland.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... isions.png

Also, this is what Ukraine looked like in 1918.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Mrmustachieo wrote:Also there would not be any polish state, since the Germans refused to acknowledged any polish representatives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Brest-Litovsk

They probably would just annex Russian Poland.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... isions.png

Also, this is what Ukraine looked like in 1918.
That's incorrect. The Germans had plans to create a small Kingdom of Poland satellite state. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_o ... 2%80%9318)
Anyway, a download link won't be available until things get a little farther along in development.
Mrmustachieo
Warrant Officer

Post by Mrmustachieo »

How much of Asia have you worked on ? So far I've only heard about Europe, what would happen in Asia, other than more German colonies in the pacific and china?

Btw, have you considered splitting Austria-Hungary into separate colonies owned by Austria? As sort of a Danubian federation sort of thing?
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Mrmustachieo wrote:How much of Asia have you worked on ? So far I've only heard about Europe, what would happen in Asia, other than more German colonies in the pacific and china?

Btw, have you considered splitting Austria-Hungary into separate colonies owned by Austria? As sort of a Danubian federation sort of thing?
The original plan for Austria-Hungary was to split it into separate colonies but instead I think we are going to make that a separate event that could happen later into the campaign. In Asia I plan to have Japan still in control of Manchukuo, Korea, and Taiwan and Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand will be satellite states of Japan. Japan will also eventually take control of Mengjiang as a colony. China will be in the midst of a civil war when the game starts between the Nationalists and Communists. India will also start in the midst of an independence war between them and the British. I haven't actually started on Asia yet. Still finishing up Europe as of now.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Big update today! A trailer is incoming within the next few days but until then, here are a few cool screenshots.
Image Here is the Austro-Hungarian colony of Bosnia.
Here's what the Balkans looks like at present.
Here are the German colonies of Togoland and Kamerun
This is German East Africa with the newly created British colony of Zanzibar!
This is German Southwest Africa with their new flag! Below are more German colonies with their new flags
mcapplecrisp
Corporal

Post by mcapplecrisp »

Cdiplayer wrote:Big update today! A trailer is incoming within the next few days but until then, here are a few cool screenshots.
This is German Southwest Africa with their new flag! Below are more German colonies with their new flags

Hi, checked out your mod and it looks sick! Awesome work! Do you by any chance have a download link? Or will it be released with the trailer or possibly even later?

Also, will their be new tech's and units added?
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

mcapplecrisp wrote:
Cdiplayer wrote:Big update today! A trailer is incoming within the next few days but until then, here are a few cool screenshots.

Hi, checked out your mod and it looks sick! Awesome work! Do you by any chance have a download link? Or will it be released with the trailer or possibly even later?

Also, will their be new tech's and units added?
To answer your first question, no there is no download link at the moment. Check back by Christmas for the first public test release. To answer your question about techs and units, yes new units will be added for all major nations, however, there will be no new techs
Mrmustachieo
Warrant Officer

Post by Mrmustachieo »

Why is Vichy France released?
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Mrmustachieo wrote:Why is Vichy France released?
After their failure to win WW1 a Fascist vs Republican civil war breaks out in France in the early 30s. Italy intervenes in support of the Fascists in Vichy and the UK intervenes on the side of the Republicans in Paris. Eager to divide France Kaiser Wilhelm sends German troops to defend Vichy, but only along the current borders. The Civil War rages for 5 years before peace is finally declared and France is partitioned. That's why Vichy France exists in this reality.
Mrmustachieo
Warrant Officer

Post by Mrmustachieo »

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, because I refer to only the idea when I say this:

That idea sounds really ******* stupid, and wouldn't something like that be happening when the game starts? Shouldn't france be something the player, if playing as Germany, would have to worry about?

Everything else looks fantastic and I can't wait to be able to play what appears to be a masterpiece!
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Mrmustachieo wrote:I hope you don't take this the wrong way, because I refer to only the idea when I say this:

That idea sounds really **** stupid, and wouldn't something like that be happening when the game starts? Shouldn't france be something the player, if playing as Germany, would have to worry about?

Everything else looks fantastic and I can't wait to be able to play what appears to be a masterpiece!
We were originally planning on including the actual civil war in the game but it would sort of overwhelm the player to have 2 civil wars going on at once I think, especially if you are playing as Fascist Italy. (The Spanish Civil War WILL be modeled in game)
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

Cdiplayer wrote:
After their failure to win WW1 a Fascist vs Republican civil war breaks out in France in the early 30s. Italy intervenes in support of the Fascists in Vichy and the UK intervenes on the side of the Republicans in Paris. Eager to divide France Kaiser Wilhelm sends German troops to defend Vichy, but only along the current borders. The Civil War rages for 5 years before peace is finally declared and France is partitioned. That's why Vichy France exists in this reality.
My suggestion is to call the southern france Occitania: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occitania
This makes more sense. the Vichy borders only make sense in terms of WW2, they have no cultural, political or historical context otherwise
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

suaske666 wrote:
Cdiplayer wrote:
My suggestion is to call the southern france Occitania: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occitania
This makes more sense. the Vichy borders only make sense in terms of WW2, they have no cultural, political or historical context otherwise
I do like the flag. That might work well for a possible communist revolution in the region. For now though, I intend to keep the name as "The French State" because the eventual goal of the entire Fascist sphere is for France to be reunified under that government. Think of it similarly to the GDR in the real world Cold War.
Clubfoot55
Warrant Officer

Post by Clubfoot55 »

When will a download link to this mod be posted? It looks excellent.

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”