2020-SuperPowers

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

2020-SuperPowers

Post by YoMomma »

This is first modern world mod scenario specific for SR Ultimate :P

Countries:
African Union
Arab League
Argentina
Australia
Brazil
China
Cuba
European Union
India
Iran
Israel
Japan
Mexico
Pakistan
Russia
Turkey
United States
Venezuela
Changes
V1:
Too many to name, but lots of "map fixes". Changed lots of airfield to airbase, add/remove lots of facilities, edited units inventory and much more. Still im far from happy, but its fun to play i would say and i think it would be cool scenario to play multiplayer.

V2:
Solved world energy crisis
Add techs to all red sphere regions, this seem to help a bit with GDP
Played a testgame with Australia, made some changes like unit inventory, facilities and tech
Add facilities to China and some of the smaller red sphere
Solved population bug on EU
Honored Marines in giving the design to EU :lol:
Gave EU Green Berets because they are my favorite (EU still need some inventory, but for player should be enough, nice elite army with designs from the majors)
Removed alot of militairy complexes for mainly EU. I was not happy with the speed after 6 years. Besides EU can't build 20 nuclear subs at same time. Caused huge uranium shortages in V1.

V3:
Fixed EU treaties
Fixed some lost regions in the Carribean to EU
add treaties for small red sphere (criminal extradiction and free trade)
add BTR-05 and T-94 design to Russia
modernised the Russian army a bit
prolly did some more stuff, but i need sleep, cant remember :P
Now i did some stuff with events. Basicly the longer im working on the mod, less war happen.
So i am scripting the wars i have seen so far in this mod and they happen between start of game and 2025.
This seem easiest solution for now untill i get some more experience with testing events.
Scripted Wars:
Turkey-Arab
Russia-EU
India-Pakistan
USA-Mexico
USA-Cuba
China-Japan
China-Australia
Argentina-Brazil

V4:
cpl of nuclear designs for EU. inventory and build.
missile silo facility Russia (above Moscow). It's active in rl.
edited China unit inventory alot. Mainly extra navy and some foot infantry.
Gave China like 200 extra farms and some mines
Gave India extra facilities
Edited treaties alot. removed formal alliances between red and finally you see unscripted wars again.
Replaced formal allianced with other treaties.
Edited .WMData file to get rid of surplus production and improve world economy.
2 more scripted wars between 2025 and 2030. Israel-Arab League and African Union-Arab League.
Adjusted lots of regions treasury.

Test with event Defcon. If it works as nice as the wars, it should screen the game and if it's peace defcon should be changed to 0 (peace). But maybe i am wrong and defcon is removed altogether replayed by global events, suiciding the world economy. Lets just hope for the best.
The mod will be work in progress. For V5 i will balance some more unit designs and military capacity.

The story is basicly, after agression from the red sphere members and the lack of leadership in USA, NATO and EU, countries felt the need to merge together into superpowers. A few countries were against this and thats why there are some smaller states.

http://www.filedropper.com/2020-superpowersv4
http://www.filedropper.com/2020-superpowersv3
http://www.filedropper.com/2020-superpowersv2
http://www.filedropper.com/2020-superpowers

If you have suggestions i will look to implement them, but my primary focus is making red sphere stronger. Ofcourse feedback is very welcome. Enjoy!

Simply copy files into your game directory. I didnt edited any of the game files so doesnt mather if you copy it onto vanilla or use a copy of SR:U
Last edited by YoMomma on Aug 01 2015, edited 10 times in total.
Gameplay 1st
suaske666
Major

Re: 2020-SuperPowers

Post by suaske666 »

downloading now, sounds fun!
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

EU has double pop.

Im uploading new version soon.

edit: V2 uploaded
Gameplay 1st
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Doh, seem i have to bring out V3 sooner as i thought. I made a mistake with EU treaties.. forgot i changed their number. Oh well seems they have to do it without allies for now and get owned in turkish waters. Will be fixed in next version as well with relationship changes on/with the new regions.
Gameplay 1st
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Good to see another modder contributing to the community. 8)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Lets just say i try :roll:

V3 of 2020-SuperPowers uploaded.
Gameplay 1st
monk124us
Corporal

Post by monk124us »

Dowloading now 8) 8) 8) 8)
IHateThinkingUpNames
Warrant Officer

Post by IHateThinkingUpNames »

I definitely recommend trying this mod - adds a unique and very fun challenge! :)

I do have one suggestion if you're still working on it, should Argentina not be allied to Russia's little alliance? In the real world, Russia has entered in to a few deals recently with Argentina and by 2020 I imagine some kind of military treaty (even if it is to hit out at NATO) would be in full swing.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Yea work in progress. I will add full tansit and mutual defence between Argentina and Russia, but im thinking of removing all alliances. Just mutual defence and other treaties. Maybe this will help with declaration of wars. Next patch will also have more focus on nuclear weapons like add France sub and air nuclear weapons to EU and Russia missile silo facility.
Gameplay 1st
Hesam
Corporal

Post by Hesam »

Hi. your download link doesn't work please put another link.
tanks
ricey
Sergeant

Post by ricey »

Would like to say good job on the Mod it was really good fun, my only suggestion would be to look at china as for some reason on the games I play where i start with 0 units they don't seem to build any sizable army and get crushed by japan every time.

But i really enjoyed it so thank you :)
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Hesam wrote:Hi. your download link doesn't work please put another link.
tanks
Download latest version, V3 works. If you want another version tell me. I think they get put offline after a month of inactivity.
ricey wrote:Would like to say good job on the Mod it was really good fun, my only suggestion would be to look at china as for some reason on the games I play where i start with 0 units they don't seem to build any sizable army and get crushed by japan every time.

But i really enjoyed it so thank you :)
Thanks for the feedback, it's really appreciated.

I think its because China still has a crappy economy. And i dont really know how to improve it quickly. Anyone suggestions? I think i need to play a testgame with China.
Gameplay 1st
ricey
Sergeant

Post by ricey »

I think that you are right although I will take a look next time I'm on. My only suggestion would be if even possible would to be to increase the number of facility's starting off and lowering the GDP/C of china to decrease demand.

Or a quick suggestion is to artificially lower china's population as that seems to be the biggest issue, I know after taking over China my economy tanks so I always colonise them.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

ricey wrote:I think that you are right although I will take a look next time I'm on. My only suggestion would be if even possible would to be to increase the number of facility's starting off and lowering the GDP/C of china to decrease demand.

Or a quick suggestion is to artificially lower china's population as that seems to be the biggest issue, I know after taking over China my economy tanks so I always colonise them.
Yes, after giving this a second thought. I will put more business sectors and other facilities in China and maybe puppet Vietnam and Laos. I want to improve their gdp tho, but by increasing facilities this should do it. Some extra militairy buildings on the borders wont hurt either i think.

Seems i have to mod the global market. I wanted to wait with this as long as possible, because if you mod the file to much your gonna have problems with not enough pop. Some increase in world demand seems my easiest solution to kill over production. Im thinking about agriculture and consumer goods.
Gameplay 1st
Mariohana
Sergeant

Post by Mariohana »

Downloading. I think im gonna like it.
Can you make a similar one with little bit more of new faction, unions and leagues created in a futuristic world of 2050.

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”