Best way to fight

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

AllCanadianReject
Corporal
Human: Yes

Best way to fight

Post by AllCanadianReject »

I want my units to auto attack and move and stuff, but I want to stop them from going into Merchant Marine mode. What're the best settings for the minister?
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Re: Best way to fight

Post by mfisher12 »

By "merchant marine" mode are you talking about diplomatic merchant transactions or sea movement by land units?

You can turn off Diplo movement in the initial settings (don't think it's in the in-game settings but I could be wrong). Sea movement is something the AI does when it solves a pathing question. I'm not sure why you would want it off.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

mfisher12 wrote: You can turn off Diplo movement in the initial settings (don't think it's in the in-game settings but I could be wrong). Sea movement is something the AI does when it solves a pathing question. I'm not sure why you would want it off.
Because last I checked without some solution via modding etc merchant marines have a bad tendency of going on suicide missions.

@OP no settings that I know of will allow AI to maintain control but Units to NOT go into merchant marine suicide lemming mode. :cry:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Perhaps setting naval AI initiative to 'none' could solve the problem?
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Post by mfisher12 »

Fistalis wrote:
mfisher12 wrote: You can turn off Diplo movement in the initial settings (don't think it's in the in-game settings but I could be wrong). Sea movement is something the AI does when it solves a pathing question. I'm not sure why you would want it off.
Because last I checked without some solution via modding etc merchant marines have a bad tendency of going on suicide missions.

@OP no settings that I know of will allow AI to maintain control but Units to NOT go into merchant marine suicide lemming mode. :cry:
You are correct. I misspoke. I had a game not long ago as Japan and my stupid Merchants sailed right into the Chinese fleet, costing me about 5 or 6 good battalions. I always turn off Diplo merchant marine at the start of a game.
AllCanadianReject
Corporal

Post by AllCanadianReject »

Here's my situation. Playing as Canada in 2020 Global Crisis. I am at war with Argentina. I take Buenos Aires and its metropolitan area. The Argentine navy is still stationed just outside of the area. My units had a tendency to go to a port and turn into lemmings and get wiped by the destroyers.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”