Easy war possible?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

KirinFrost
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Easy war possible?

Post by KirinFrost »

Is there a way to quickly conquer a country and all of her cities in just days or something or if that is not possible, with very few losses instead?

Noticed that my troops keep getting bogged down, leopard 2a6 tanks apparently arent a match against just 1 star or 2 stars troops :(

I am trying to invade brunei now after conquering malaysia.
PleXD
Sergeant

Re: Easy war possible?

Post by PleXD »

Yes. You just need lots of supply planes and paratroopers.

For city fighting you need to look at the close combat stat. Tanks generally do not excel at close combat fighting.
KirinFrost
Warrant Officer

Post by KirinFrost »

what are supply planes?

And it seems that i cant train paratroopers, cant find the unit lol.
PleXD
Sergeant

Post by PleXD »

They are called transport planes.
Under defence production - Air designs double click on your transport planes and this will bring up the technical readout. Your looking for Cargo capacity on the left.
This number represents how much weight in tons it can carry in either supply or Troops/vehicles.

With your infantry you are looking for a symbol that looks like a parachute. The Parachute means it can be dropped from a plane. You need to match up how heavy the infantry unit is to how much the transport plane can carry. If the plane can carry more you can load the unit into the plane and then unload it anywhere you like. You can load as many infantry as will fit based on how much the plane can carry.

You can load other units without the parachute but you will have to unload them at airports instead of anywhere you like.

If you do not have any infantry that have a parachute symbol then you will have to check your research or trade with a ally or friendly country to obtain one of their units.
KirinFrost
Warrant Officer

Post by KirinFrost »

Got it thanks.

And transport planes sure cost a lot to research rip :p
Atraphoenix
Lieutenant

Post by Atraphoenix »

KirinFrost wrote:Got it thanks.

And transport planes sure cost a lot to research rip :p
No if you play with with modern maps Russia or Ukraine can sell The Cossack the AN thing that has 3000 cargo capacity best on the game around 40 -50 billion even they hate you :-)

Easy war is quite possible if you play this game for years. You research best units against crap AI units. But you need at least 10 years to have enough money to pay the search and your small but immortal elite units. There used to be players who conquered the whole world without losing single unit (not man the battallions).
KirinFrost
Warrant Officer

Post by KirinFrost »

I cant imagine the time they took :P

But do you know which country they used to conquer the world?

Would be amazing if they took some small but rich country like singapore, qatar, kuwait,etc and conquered the world. :D
Cutlass
Major

Post by Cutlass »

It also can depend on what difficulty settings they pick as well. There are quite a few people who run the game on the easier settings and they can pull stunts that would be difficult at best to do with the game on harder settings.
Proud member of the Spherical World Association. An organization dedicated to encouraging game designers to create state of the art strategy games in which the actual shape of the world is used.
AllCanadianReject
Corporal

Post by AllCanadianReject »

In 2020 Gold, I played as Canada and took over Russia and China in the Global Crisis campaign by 2023. December 30th 2023. Thing is, get yourself American tanks, lots of transports kept at the back of your columns, British infantry (if the FRES is still a thing and as good as it was in 2020), Chinese artillery, and whatever other stuff you want. Also, get the Superfortress bomber from the Americans, and the Eurofighter Typhoon A from the British. Nonsensically powerful units they are. Then, when you invade a place, make sure you have enough supply. Turn on the supply map filter under the minimap so you can see if your units have instant access to more petrol and military goods. A good way to make money early on, especially in the Global Crisis sandbox, is to sell technologies to people and oil to the U.S. I find that, as Canada, the U.S will offer nearly double what the oil is worth.
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Post by mfisher12 »

Atraphoenix wrote:There used to be players who conquered the whole world without losing single unit (not man the battallions).
There was a player here once who took the Comoros Is. to world domination using nothing but missiles.

But that was back in the early days of '2020. I think the game engine has gotten much smarter about research, production and combat since Ultimate. It may still be possible (and I'd love to read the AR) but it would be much harder.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

With the intelligent use of Units yes. The problem is many people think that drag and click is the only way to play.. in those instances it becomes more about massive numbers and huge losses tend to ensue.

Many times in Multiplayer games i have surprised my fellow players by conquering what they thought wouldn't be possible relatively early in the game with minimal losses due to a focused intelligent use of assets. (Nigeria controlling most of western africa in the first few years tends to cause the larger powers to pay more attention to me)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Fistalis wrote:With the intelligent use of Units yes. The problem is many people think that drag and click is the only way to play.. in those instances it becomes more about massive numbers and huge losses tend to ensue.

Many times in Multiplayer games i have surprised my fellow players by conquering what they thought wouldn't be possible relatively early in the game with minimal losses due to a focused intelligent use of assets. (Nigeria controlling most of western africa in the first few years tends to cause the larger powers to pay more attention to me)
Can you give a detailed example please? :-)
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Fistalis wrote:With the intelligent use of Units yes. The problem is many people think that drag and click is the only way to play.. in those instances it becomes more about massive numbers and huge losses tend to ensue.

Drag and click nearly always gets me into trouble. Trucks and artillery with supply, vs. your mech that runs out just before it advances into the city--big piles are your enemy :)

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”