Unit Errata

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Unit Errata

Post by Balthagor »

Okay, We'll go with 8 tonnes then. Acceptable?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:Okay, We'll go with 8 tonnes then. Acceptable?
Are we bargaining?! :-) Me-323 was the higher capacity cargo plane of the WW2 (except maybe Martin Mars). Let's just be historicall and let the beast have it's 12t of cargo :D
Or no less than 11t bacause of this: "The typical loads it carried were: One 15 cm FH18 field artillery piece (5.5 ton) accompanied by its Sd.Kfz.7 halftrack transport vehicle (11 ton)"

also, I can not find missing units thread. Does it exist?
There are still many late war/hypothethical/early cold war axis units missing...
Please teach AI everything!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Usually for missing units they get their own thread.

I'm fine with 11t.

SOLD!
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bvb
Colonel

Post by bvb »

Just to make you feel warm and fuzzy about your decision :D :

The Luftwaffe tested an 18 ton bomb. It was dropped by a '323.

A more practical example:here is a Marder II being unloaded from an Me-323 on the Eastern Front. An AFV that, empty, weighed 11 tons. :wink:
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:Usually for missing units they get their own thread.

I'm fine with 11t.

SOLD!
Thanks!

Can we bargain about never ending AI vs. AI wars too?! :D

Anyway, I'll ope missing units thread when I see what is missing at the moment :-)
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

Balthagor wrote:
The NSM Penguin link goes to an error page, can't confirm the data. I've made the changes anyway.
already reported in October
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... in#p166398
there the link work.
Con forza ed ardimento
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Dornier 24 transport plane have too high cargo capacity. Currently it can load 5 tonnes while in reality it coul'd load 1,5 tonnes at max.

Also, it is the only transport plane that can attack both strategic, hard and soft target - essentially making it the bomber. And not any kind of bomber, but self-resupplying bombers who can make tens of passes over the target since it ressuply itself. This makes it most potent German bomber.

Suggestion:

Reduce Do-24 cargo capacity to 1,5t
Set Do-24 hard, soft and strategic attack values to 0.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Most, if not all, USA ASW helicopters have 0 ASW rating. SH-34 Seabat ASW, for example.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Aragos wrote:Most, if not all, USA ASW helicopters have 0 ASW rating. SH-34 Seabat ASW, for example.
Seabat has a value of 40 for ASW. SH-3A was missing the value (fixed) but all others look fine.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Ah, thanks. Didn't have the game in front of me when I submitted the issue.

Side note, one of the post-WWII US patrol aircraft (I can't recall which one), has an ASW rating of 140, while the others have a rating of 14. My guess is an extra 0 worked its way in :)
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Balthagor wrote:
Aragos wrote:Most, if not all, USA ASW helicopters have 0 ASW rating. SH-34 Seabat ASW, for example.
Seabat has a value of 40 for ASW. SH-3A was missing the value (fixed) but all others look fine.
Ok, I figured out why I was confused--it was one of the late WWII USA seaplanes with ASW in its title that has a 0 ASW capability. Basically, the same seaplane issue we've had for a while (little to no ASW).
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Finally managed to edit unit database and recache. Corrected almost all of the issues and hope they will be corrected by BGs in one of next patches.

There is just one thing that bug me - AI prefers to build mounted infantry over Sdkfz251 halftracks. I have corrected costs of the halftracks and AI builds M3 halftracks, but refuses to build Sdkfz251s. Their stats are almost the same. What is the problem? Any idea? The only thing i can see is that US have more money.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

The US Martin P4M Mercator has an ASW rating of 140. I think an extra 0 was added at the end--other US patrol aircraft available around the same time have ratings between 10-20 ASW.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Sdkfz 251 has wrong move range in the unit database. 188km instead of 300km, thus making it inferior to anything. This is the main reason for german AI not building them.

So, Sdkfz251 move range shoul'd be 300km!
MikeKoder
Sergeant

Post by MikeKoder »

There are unit discrepencies with the United States AWACS.

The A2D-2Q Skywarrior ELINT was an aircraft used by the United States Navy up until 1992. In game, it has a spotting range of 235km! This is massive compared to:

The E-2C Hawkeye. This is the modern US Navy AWACS plane launched from carriers. It carries the most sophisticated technology but in game only has a spotting range of 146 km.

Also the E-3B Sentry AWACS. This is the jet used by the United States Air Force and is the best AWACS in service. It only has an in game spotting range of 188 km.

Now the A2D-2Q (known by the Navy as the EA-3B) was nothing more than than ECM plane. It's purpose was to disrupt enemy radar and communications. It didn't spot. The E-2C and the E-3B are both spotting planes. They are used to see far away and gain early knowledge of incoming targets. They are also used to command a battle space. They should have a large spotting distance. The EA-3B should not.

Return to “Issues and Support”