FIRST BETA RELEASE Triumph of the Kaiser mod

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler 1936 Triumph of the Kaiser mod

Post by Cdiplayer »

Alright I am currently finishing up on firming up the spheres of influence in this mod. I have decided that this mod will take a more Cold War tone however instead of 2 spheres there will be 5. Below are the major powers in each sphere
Monarchist: Germany, Austro-Hungarian Empire, Japan
Fascist: Italy, Spain, Portugal, Vichy France, China (at the beginning of the game anyway)
Communist: Soviet Union, People's Republic of China (China will start the game in the midst of a civil war between the Fascists and Communists)
Democratic: United States, Great Britain, French Republic, Turkey
Non Aligned: India, Egypt, South Africa.
Anyway, I need someone to add the beveled edge effect to these two flags http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... 918%29.svg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... alicia.svg
What I've decided to do is just scrap all the Cold War events completely and start over. Some events I've got planned are"
a Monarchist versus Democratic civil war in Mexico where the Austro Hungarian Empire intervenes to attempt to install a Mexican Emperor. The United States does not intervene directly but sends arms to the Democratic side of the civil war. After several years at war without a conclusive victory the Austro Hungarian Empire will experience significant civil unrest in the 1960s and 70s that, if left unchecked, could cause the downfall of the monarchist sphere.

On June 25th 1950 the Cold War in France will turn hot, with the State of France invading the French Republic to reunify the country under Fascist rule. Ideally I want to set up some sort of Korean War type scenario where major powers intervene on both sides and the war ends in a stalemate at the pre war borders. I'm also planning a postwar insurgency in Vichy Algeria that the State of France will have to put down after the inner French war ends.

In addition I am planning on massively expanding the unit tree that nations can research in this mod although I will need some help with this. If anyone is interested in helping me please shoot me a pm! My plan is to balance out all the major powers so that they all can research nuclear missile subs, super carriers, ICBMs, strategic bombers, and missile cruisers/battlecruisers somewhat equally. For example, I'm going to need help designing and naming a German counterpart to the B-52 strategic bomber.
RichyRich136
Corporal

Post by RichyRich136 »

This is looking awesome!!!! Can't wait :)

If you don't mind me asking, how did you transfer hexes?
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

RichyRich136 wrote:This is looking awesome!!!! Can't wait :)

If you don't mind me asking, how did you transfer hexes?
I transferred hexes through events. I did it by battlezones when possible but when I couldn't do that I resorted to using events for individual hexes to transfer ownership.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Still looking for someone to help me add in new units...I can start moving towards a beta release faster if I can get someone to help me with new units!
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

Great project, and I wish I could offer useful help. Depending on what you need I might be able to help out a bit. I don't have any experience modding this game, but I would like to learn.

Not to distract you from it, but given your obvious affection for alternate history gaming, there is an old Matrix games title you might want to check out: "War Plan Orange." There were also a few alternate-alternate mods of the game itself!

Basic idea of the game is: The Washington Naval Treaty of 1922 fell through and instead of a reduction in naval arms, there was instead a dramatic escalation in the global naval arms race. If memory serves the game started in 1926 and one could play any of the major powers that had territory in the greater pacific region (U.S., Japan, Netherlands, UK, etc.). The game started as a mod of the old War in the Pacific game, and it was so popular and successful that I guess the modder got Matrix go publish it.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Anthropoid wrote:Great project, and I wish I could offer useful help. Depending on what you need I might be able to help out a bit. I don't have any experience modding this game, but I would like to learn.

Not to distract you from it, but given your obvious affection for alternate history gaming, there is an old Matrix games title you might want to check out: "War Plan Orange." There were also a few alternate-alternate mods of the game itself!

Basic idea of the game is: The Washington Naval Treaty of 1922 fell through and instead of a reduction in naval arms, there was instead a dramatic escalation in the global naval arms race. If memory serves the game started in 1926 and one could play any of the major powers that had territory in the greater pacific region (U.S., Japan, Netherlands, UK, etc.). The game started as a mod of the old War in the Pacific game, and it was so popular and successful that I guess the modder got Matrix go publish it.
I actually wasn't aware there was a computer game version of War Plan Orange. I have the board game for it as well as the board game for War Plan Red. Anyway, one thing that would definitely help would be a historical researcher who could dig into archives of major powers to find hypothetical designs they developed and then come up with in game unit stats for them. For example, the German "Amerika Bomber" project.
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

Amerika Bomber project <-- How's that for quick and thorough "research"!? :D
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Anthropoid wrote:Amerika Bomber project <-- How's that for quick and thorough "research"!? :D
Well I was hoping someone could be a bit more detailed and come up with in game unit stats lol. I also need someone who has experience with editing the unit files.
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

Where are these "unit files" and how what application do we use to access and edit them . . . I hope it isn't something boring like a text editor :o :oops:

Been taking this online class on making an RPG game in HTML5 so I'm a bit loopy :lol:
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Anthropoid wrote:Where are these "unit files" and how what application do we use to access and edit them . . . I hope it isn't something boring like a text editor :o :oops:

Been taking this online class on making an RPG game in HTML5 so I'm a bit loopy :lol:
It's in the DEFAULT.UNITS file, and yes, you do need the text editor to edit it :lol: :P
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Todor Jivkov
Corporal

Post by Todor Jivkov »

How is the development of the mod going? I am very interested to play it! :)
Macedonia is Bulgarian!
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Todor Jivkov wrote:How is the development of the mod going? I am very interested to play it! :)
Right now I'm waiting for the next BG update before I do anything more. I'm also still hoping to find someone to do the units with me.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Okay, with the release of the latest BG update, this mod is roaring back to life! The first beta release is slated for June 20th 2015. Be on the lookout for a trailer within the next two weeks! :D Also, I have an update on Israel's inclusion in the mod. I have decided to go with the Kimberley plan. North western Australia will become an independent Jewish homeland which will declare independence on May 1st 1949. If anyone would like to suggest borders, new names for all the cities, good locations for military naval ports in the area, etc. please feel free to post!
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

Cdiplayer wrote:Okay, with the release of the latest BG update, this mod is roaring back to life! The first beta release is slated for June 20th 2015. Be on the lookout for a trailer within the next two weeks! :D Also, I have an update on Israel's inclusion in the mod. I have decided to go with the Kimberley plan. North western Australia will become an independent Jewish homeland which will declare independence on May 1st 1949. If anyone would like to suggest borders, new names for all the cities, good locations for military naval ports in the area, etc. please feel free to post!
Yay! :) I am excited for this mod lol
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

Cdiplayer wrote:If anyone would like to suggest borders, new names for all the cities, good locations for military naval ports in the area, etc. please feel free to post!
I figured this might be a cool location. the borders i chose go mostly along rivers. and as you can see there are plenty of locations for cities and ports.

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”