None steam Version

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

FlybyU
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

None steam Version

Post by FlybyU »

Was wondering when and If there is ever a None Steam Version can I use my Steam game key to get the none steam version. I only got this game on steam because that is the only way you offered it and I hate Steam with a passion. Having to connect to the internet or Start Steam every time i play it. It sucks to play a game in SP it's just to much DRM IMO.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Re: None steam Version

Post by Kristijonas »

Personally I bought the game from Gamersgate. I heard you can copy-paste the game folder from Steam to let's say c:/games/SR1936, deleted steam, and play it from there. You will not be able to update the game until you reinstall steam, however.
FlybyU
Warrant Officer

Post by FlybyU »

Kristijonas wrote:Personally I bought the game from Gamersgate. I heard you can copy-paste the game folder from Steam to let's say c:/games/SR1936, deleted steam, and play it from there. You will not be able to update the game until you reinstall steam, however.

That will work when its done with the updates thx for sharing that info.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Please help reduce forum clutter and use the search function before starting a new thread;

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 78&t=23360

Currently the game can only be installed via Steam however after installation Steam is not required. If you have further questions, please add them to the existing thread.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”