FIRST BETA RELEASE Triumph of the Kaiser mod

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

FIRST BETA RELEASE Triumph of the Kaiser mod

Post by Cdiplayer »

I am planning work on an alternate history mod for 1936 in which America never entered WW1 and therefore it was settled through a negotiated peace. http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/ ... 4kiq0o.png The map will probably be something similar to this. I am going to include the Austro Hungarian empire as a collection of colonies to reflect the United States of Greater Austria plan that would have been implemented if the Austro Hungarian Empire hadn't collapsed. http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2009/ ... lamnay.jpg I am also considering turning Alsace-Lorraine into a German colony to reflect the autonomy that it was given in 1911. In the event of a negotiated peace it is likely this autonomy would have been expanded. The Baltic states will all be colonies of Germany as well and Luxembourg will be annexed into Germany. Belgium will be a German colony and Belarus, Ukraine and Finland will be independent states. The Ottoman Empire, buoyed by increases in oil consumption worldwide, will continue to exist as a largely unified entity although I will need help determining the exact borders of the Ottoman Empire. Egypt will be an Ottoman colony as will Libya, Tunisia and possibly Algeria. Asia will remain unchanged (Manchukuo will still exist) except that Germany's pacific colonies will be added. I will also add in Germany's African colonies. Anyway, I need some help with two major issues.
1. I need someone to help me figure out the borders. I need to figure out exactly what land Germany owned before WW1 and what land the Austro Hungarian Empire consisted of. I will also need help figuring out what exactly the Ottomans controlled.
2. I need help figuring out how to create new factions, I am planning on adding in stuff like Transylvania as a colony of the United States of Greater Austria and the German colony of Kaiser Wilhelmsland.
Anyway, I am not planning on adding any events, at least not for the initial release. I will focus entirely on getting the map set up before anything else. Any possible help would be much appreciated! :D
Last edited by Cdiplayer on Apr 02 2016, edited 1 time in total.
Tripster60
Private

Re: Supreme Ruler 1936 Triumph of the Kaiser mod

Post by Tripster60 »

the germans should have poland as a colony, and austria hungry owned the same amount of land in the pict you gave, the ottoman empire consist of iraq turkey, syria, palestine, and jordan, since they won world war one they should have kuwait and some part of Egypt
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Tripster60 wrote:the germans should have poland as a colony, and austria hungry owned the same amount of land in the pict you gave, the ottoman empire consist of iraq turkey, syria, palestine, and jordan, since they won world war one they should have kuwait and some part of Egypt
I'm putting Egypt in as an Ottoman colony but the British naval base at Alexandria will remain. Should the Suez canal be an Ottoman colony or a British one? Also, Libya, Algeria and Tunisia will be Ottoman colonies.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

You could try adding a Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth. That would be realistic considering a settlement by peace would require a neutral territory.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Alright ladies and gentlemen, here is the first serious update! This is basically a testbed to see if I got the borders right or not. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I tried to go by battlezones but that didn't always work so a lot of times I just had to guess. Before I split the Austrian Empire up into colonies I want to get the borders as close to right as possible :D
S.R.L1234
Warrant Officer

Post by S.R.L1234 »

Cdiplayer wrote:Image
Alright ladies and gentlemen, here is the first serious update! This is basically a testbed to see if I got the borders right or not. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I tried to go by battlezones but that didn't always work so a lot of times I just had to guess. Before I split the Austrian Empire up into colonies I want to get the borders as close to right as possible :D
Austria is Fine. You just need to rename it to Austria-Hungary and get the flag off the internet. And Germany, you forgot the Alsace-Lorraine territory and the renaming it to German Empire.
http://www.dcstamps.com/wp-content/uplo ... 24x836.png
This is what the territory is (circled).
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

South Tirol looks weird. and Romanias eastern border also looks weird. also south of bosnia is the gulf of kotor (cattaro) this should be added to the croatian colony. in fact the majority of the montenegrian coast was part of austria-hungary in 1910.
you can check it out here:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ic.svg.png

I'd also suggest expanding Austria into north italy. i'd imagine had they won the war they'd want to restore some of their former land from the 19th century.
here is a picture.

EDIT:

also consider the fact that both Serbia and Romania were on the allied side, and Austria's main goal in the war was expansion in the balkans.
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

I'd say Austria and Bulgaria would have been likely to expand as pictured here:
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

suaske666 wrote:
South Tirol looks weird. and Romanias eastern border also looks weird. also south of bosnia is the gulf of kotor (cattaro) this should be added to the croatian colony. in fact the majority of the montenegrian coast was part of austria-hungary in 1910.
you can check it out here:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ic.svg.png

I'd also suggest expanding Austria into north italy. i'd imagine had they won the war they'd want to restore some of their former land from the 19th century.
here is a picture.

EDIT:

also consider the fact that both Serbia and Romania were on the allied side, and Austria's main goal in the war was expansion in the balkans.
This isn't a scenario where the Central Powers outright won the war, think of it as an equal peace. The Austrians probably would have had to agree to withdraw from Serbia and Romania and then perhaps in exchange they could have gotten Venetia Lombardy back. That's actually what I'm going to add next. I'm going to move the Italian-Austrian border back to pre 1866 borders. I've actually been considering leaving the borders of the Middle East alone and still have the Republic of Turkey as a democracy. This means that the Ottoman Empire would have still collapsed even if they hadn't lost WW1. The only thing I would change is I would make Iraq, Syria and Saudi Arabia German colonies instead of British ones. What do you guys think? Should the Ottoman Empire still exist or should it be split into pieces?
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

I must have misunderstood. In that case i'd still at least give bulgaria at the very least macedonia. Maybe even restore some of their pre-balkan war lands.

And yeah ottomans were kinda doomed.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Image Alright, the German border has been finalized! Now working on restoring their colonies. Also, can anybody tell me where the events that make the USSR and Japan go to war and Japan and China go to war are? I would like to remove those. :D
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

Cdiplayer wrote:Image Alright, the German border has been finalized! Now working on restoring their colonies. Also, can anybody tell me where the events that make the USSR and Japan go to war and Japan and China go to war are? I would like to remove those. :D
Was Venice ever part of Austria?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Ater wrote:
Cdiplayer wrote:Image Alright, the German border has been finalized! Now working on restoring their colonies. Also, can anybody tell me where the events that make the USSR and Japan go to war and Japan and China go to war are? I would like to remove those. :D
Was Venice ever part of Austria?
Yes it was, before 1866 Venice and Lombardy were part of Austria :D
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

It might be worth noting that after Lenin came to power in russia in 1918, the Germans signed the treaty of brest litovsk, and among other territories, Ukraine also became independent.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_ ... itovsk.png

of course, since the germans lost the war, there was nothing to stop the soviets from taking Ukraine back, but in this scenario it might still be independent, or a colony of gemany.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

suaske666 wrote:It might be worth noting that after Lenin came to power in russia in 1918, the Germans signed the treaty of brest litovsk, and among other territories, Ukraine also became independent.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_ ... itovsk.png

of course, since the germans lost the war, there was nothing to stop the soviets from taking Ukraine back, but in this scenario it might still be independent, or a colony of gemany.
I was planning on making the Baltic states colonies of Germany, Finland into an independent monarchy but I don't know what to do with Belarus and Ukraine. After the war it might have been difficult for the Germans to prevent the Soviets from retaking them. Germany's populace was war weary and they needed time to recover after the war, even if they didn't lose. During this time the Soviets might have been able to retake Belarus and Ukraine. Also, anyone know where I can find a version of that Ukraine map that has the English city names on it? Also, after WW1 was Moldova independent or was it part of Romania? I'm also thinking of changing Bulgaria's borders since they likely would have been rewarded after WW1 as well.

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”