Is it possible to sabotage facilities to death?

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

vorius
Lt. Colonel

Is it possible to sabotage facilities to death?

Post by vorius »

I had sent a team of 6 saboteurs to a Romanian city and they are succeeded often and sometimes able to bring the health of facilities very low (in the red). I wonder, is it possible for them to actually destroy buildings if they are lucky enough to keep getting successes on same one before they can repair it?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: Is it possible to sabotage facilities to death?

Post by tkobo »

Not that we know of.Testing showed we couldnt get it past that last 1%.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

The last percentage of health of a facility has a higher percentage of health then the top 99 percent. So you would have todo more damage in that last percent then all of the top 99 percent. But the catch is you have todo it quickly in a days time. becouse if it takes more then a day the facility will rebuld like 3 percent of its health each day. And this is why spies cannot destroy facilities. The odds of all your spies going off on the same day is low. so they dont destroy the faciliity.
vorius
Lt. Colonel

Post by vorius »

Thanks for the information!

This actually makes me happy. It would be pretty cheasy to just build several Intelligence Centers and decimate another region without any repercussion or much effort.

What facilities become unusable when damaged? If I damage their barrack for example can they repair? deploy?
georgios
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Post by georgios »

I think that when barracks are damaged, reserved units get some damage too.. Is it true?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

georgios wrote:I think that when barracks are damaged, reserved units get some damage too.. Is it true?
Only if it's damaged by artillery. Sabotage would not damage units.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ra100
Sergeant

Post by ra100 »

@balthagor
glad to see you're supervising and reply to posts about sr2020 , still.
thought you are concentrated on the new games in the series only.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

For modders SR2020 is not dead. Everyday there's something to fix, and many topics are not yet covered.

And if the games share many common features, topics of one game should concern all the series..
ra100
Sergeant

Post by ra100 »

@georgios
true, but I was talking about one member of the developers' team , not about users or modders
about modding , although I have highly appreciation of their skills and implication , i'm rather of the same opinion as our fellow GIJoe , and preffer to play the game as the developers intended to , although I have many issues on which, in my opinion , the game should/could have been improved.

(apologies for my english - but I'm confident I made myself understood ,despite the sintax/grammar errors)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Happy to help. We make sure take a look at all posts, though we don't reply to everything.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

ra100 wrote:true, but I was talking about one member of the developers' team , not about users or modders
I was talking about them too.. modders need the dev's support even when the title has been replaced by new releases.

I don't think that cold war or sr1936 can replace sr2020, because every historical concept has it's audience.

So players and modders should be respected and given new material, even a full new release about contemporary world scenario.

Finally, a game forum has the aim to extend the popularity of a release.. SR2020 is an old release but still interesting. Few games survive so much time.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Balthagor wrote:Happy to help. We make sure take a look at all posts, though we don't reply to everything.

Please, give a reply to the posts about money circulation..
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

georgios wrote:
Balthagor wrote:Happy to help. We make sure take a look at all posts, though we don't reply to everything.

Please, give a reply to the posts about money circulation..
Which one? Usually if I don't reply to something it's because I don't have the details you're looking for.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Balthagor wrote:Please, give a reply to the posts about money circulation..

Which one? Usually if I don't reply to something it's because I don't have the details you're looking for.

The most recent thread is there: http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 72&t=23003
Balthagor wrote:Usually if I don't reply to something it's because I don't have the details you're looking for.
If you don't have these details, then who should we ask?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I have pointed George to that thread.

George, our programmer, is usually the one with the answers I don't have but he rarely finds the time to stop by the forums. He's fixing the bugs and implementing the features everyone is asking for.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”