Shattered World 1901 Mod

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Aragos
General

Re: Shattered World 1901 Mod

Post by Aragos »

I have no idea, but I think it is hard-coded into the game. Yeah, not a big fan of it either, at least in sandbox mode.
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by mattpilot »

just a little update:

14 years in and there's quite a few countries with 100-300k standing armies. But there's also a lot with less than 5k army staff. Those are the ones without land fabs. Unfortnuately, most US states don't have any production ability, thus no army. Smaller states with land fabs have a standing army of around 30k.

One region, west germany, started declaring war on a few regions at this time. Won at first but now is getting pushed back slowly. W. Germany is one of the 23 remaining neutral countries. I have not yet seen wars by regions that are in the same sphere.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

IIRC, Fistalis ran into the same problem with his SRCW port of SW. I may try (on the next update) to make nearly everyone neutral, and only make the two Red/Blue leaders in their respective spheres. I think this corrected some of the issues with his port.

Another solution may be to just put a land fab in each and every capital city. I can do it but it would be time consuming.

Glad to see some fighting going on. My bet is it is tied to army sizes, etc.
Jacklax100
Lieutenant

Post by Jacklax100 »

Hi, I started playing the mod but no matter which country I select it always selects North Africa. BTW Northern Ireland is missing so can you please add it in. I believe that countries that don't split up in this scenario should have the same leader pictures. Also I believe that only the states that existed in the time period should be in the scenario, for example, instead of the Czech Republic and Slovakia there should only be Czechoslovakia (except for colonies that should have the same borders as they do in the normal game but should be independent) and they should have the same government type as their normal state. Thank you.
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

I think its because this mod hasn't been updated to the latest patch ... maybe.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Yeah, I haven't updated it since the new patch. IIRC, I deleted Northern Ireland and joined it into Ireland. The main reason was that I was hitting the 255 country limit.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Jacklax100 wrote:Hi, I started playing the mod but no matter which country I select it always selects North Africa. BTW Northern Ireland is missing so can you please add it in. I believe that countries that don't split up in this scenario should have the same leader pictures. Also I believe that only the states that existed in the time period should be in the scenario, for example, instead of the Czech Republic and Slovakia there should only be Czechoslovakia (except for colonies that should have the same borders as they do in the normal game but should be independent) and they should have the same government type as their normal state. Thank you.
The mod is based on the original in SR2020--governments, et al. I didn't bother with the 1936 leader pictures, but stuck with the generic ones. This is a completely ahistorical scenario--I wasn't trying even slightly to reflect the world in 1930.

Feel free to use the mod to edit/create your own mod that reflects your specific tastes--that is one of the reasons I posted this in the first place, so everyone could use it as a basis for other 'shattered world' type mods.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

All: Files updated to newest patch (as of 7/1/14). It should run fine. Just re-download the mod files and follow the initial install instructions on the first post.
Jacklax100
Lieutenant

Post by Jacklax100 »

Thank you
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

did you incorporate those generic units from the last update?

I'm not finding any?
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Good point. I'll need to add the new OOB in and re-cache. Will post an update later today.

Fairly easy to do, just forgot.
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

no worries ;-) and thanks for your hard work
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Hmm. When I re-cached, they should have been there. Not sure why.
Sawedoff
Captain

Post by Sawedoff »

Oh goody, someone finally released this. Thanks a lot! I've been waiting for a new Shattered World. 8)
Darken24
Corporal

Post by Darken24 »

Aragos wrote:IIRC, Fistalis ran into the same problem with his SRCW port of SW. I may try (on the next update) to make nearly everyone neutral, and only make the two Red/Blue leaders in their respective spheres. I think this corrected some of the issues with his port.

Another solution may be to just put a land fab in each and every capital city. I can do it but it would be time consuming.

Glad to see some fighting going on. My bet is it is tied to army sizes, etc.
Maybe there was an oversight or maybe you went with the option of doing a land fab in every capital, but I only have 1 Allied nation (Greece) in my game when I start it up and 0 Axis nations. I spent sometime trying to figure out how you add nations to either side to fix it for myself, but was unable to figure it out.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”