NATO markers instead of animated sprites

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

nick-bang
Colonel
Human: Yes
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Re: NATO markers instead of animated sprites

Post by nick-bang »

Balthagor wrote:Background color cannot be changed on a mesh. It will be one color.
k let´s roll it and see how it plays
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I finally found some time to look at modding stuff. The files you sent me are not 1024x1024 PNG files as I had indicated in my post.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Looking at it, we'll also need an index to translate the names into numbers then make a translation grid.

For example, Units using pic #95 are wheeled, soft target, MLRS units. Pic #95 is defined to use mesh #95 with the default texture.

- Mesh #1 will now be a flat mesh. All pic numbers will use mesh #1 with a texture override.
- APP-6 Artillery Wheeled MLRS.png becomes NATO095.PNG and that is the name given for the override texture for pic 95 in the Default.PICNUMS file.

I'll post an index of the picnums currently being used so that a conversion index can be created.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

NATO symbols: A good sources is the US Army's Field Manual 1-02 (formerly FM 101-5-1), Operational Terms and Graphics. You can download PDF copies for free--just Google FM 101-5-1.
nick-bang
Colonel
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Post by nick-bang »

Actually I have them all: including a list. It just seems that they have the wrong format
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

...and size.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
nick-bang
Colonel

Post by nick-bang »

Indeed ...

Return to “Modding 1936”