having alot of units in research or design causes severe lag

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

draaimolen
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

having alot of units in research or design causes severe lag

Post by draaimolen »

Hello, recently i noticed a nasty issue which could get rather annoying, so i get to the point

when having alot of units in the designs screen which u want to research or the fabrication screen it results in a serious fps drop when having those designs displayed, to be more exact for example:

take the research tab open land unit designs i see 113 or so arty pieces which i can research i open that thing up and as soon i open it up it lags but when i click to another tab its gone and everything is back to normal

this also happens in the fabrication tab too if you have that many designs

not to mention when i remove the game from pause with it displaying like that
for the rest the game runs smoothly when i pick any other that other than research or unit production :/

(how i get this many designs?) well i made it so that every single country could research any design at their Leisure (they still need to research the tech though etc) i found that most minor nations had too little or nothing to research for units so i changed that a little ;) all i did was changing a letter to a * so i highly doubt its caused by the modification i did. :D

P.S sorry for any bad english ;)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: having alot of units in research or design causes severe

Post by Balthagor »

draaimolen wrote:...take the research tab open land unit designs i see 113 or so arty pieces which i can research...
Sorry, what? 113? Where are you looking? What region, what tech year?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
draaimolen
Lieutenant

Post by draaimolen »

well i modded the game a little, and made it so that all countries can research all units (no more restricted to the countries where its originally built) for example a unit from Germany the pzkfw 4 is now available to worldwide that the only thing i changed to be honest. but they still need the tech required for it. to put it blunt, every single unit it the game is now available worldwide.

*edit* lemme upload a pic or two
*edit2* pics are here, i made a line around what i meant.
i hope it is understandable now ;)

and this
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

draaimolen wrote:well i modded the game a little, and made it so that all countries can research all units (no more restricted to the countries where its originally built) for example a unit from Germany the pzkfw 4 is now available to worldwide that the only thing i changed to be honest. but they still need the tech required for it. to put it blunt, every single unit it the game is now available worldwide.
:lol:

(I knew this was going to be the case)

Your overloading the UI with far more than it was designed to handle. I'm not gonna say BG isn't gonna help but I highly doubt it will even make it into the top 500 priorities.
(and if they are taking crazy mod support requests.. make the AI launch satellites in the 2020 sat system so its not player only when i mod it in :D )
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Fistalis is correct, you're overloading the GUI. It's not built to handle that many designs.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Thread relocated as this is a modding issue.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
draaimolen
Lieutenant

Post by draaimolen »

so... in short a dropped a H-bomb on my Gui :lol: :oops:

but thanks for answering
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

But if only 200 items in the UI lag the system, does it not mean that even 50 items will lag more than they should ? I mean, a well optimized UI will certainly not lag just because of 200 entries?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Kristijonas wrote:...a well optimized UI will certainly not lag just because of 200 entries?
It most certainly can.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Modding 1936”