On the Brink

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

bitterwinterz
Corporal
Human: Yes

On the Brink

Post by bitterwinterz »

So here we stand at the BRINK of release and I am looking for honest opinions. Where does SR1936 stand? I have played SR2020 but found the AI very limited. I skipped SR Cold War for the same reason.

Can the AI sustain its economy and continue to build up its military. Or do I just wait for the computer countries to deplete their military units while I build mine for 2 or 3 years and then roll them without worry? Or the AI attacks me early and I can hold them off until they are depleted. This seems to be the way the game plays out for me, until all the countries go after the human player.

All the new graphics and UI are really huge improvements {from what I have seen} yet I still doubt the AI is up to the task of giving me the "gameplay" of WWII land war in Europe or a navel based Pacific theatre. Does the AI play to win? Or do I have to pretend a scenario because the AI is so limited?

These are my personal opinions and are not intended to start any type of flame war. I just want opinions of the supporting community. This is my first post but I am a longtime reader of these forums.

AS for BG... They are one of the BEST game companies to support and improve their products. This forum is proof of their dedication to their title.
bitterwinterz
Corporal

Re: On the Brink

Post by bitterwinterz »

anyone?
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

I think the AI is much more improved. In the beginning the German AI couldn't last at all, now it is competent and can fight France and Poland. Right now I am playing as the USA trying to liberate France and they are giving me a run for my money. The AI also is getting better at building their economy. They don't build as much as a player would but I see them building Goods facilities. I personally think the UI is much better. I would like control over my bonds, whether taking them out or paying them off but w/e lol.

Overall the game has come a long way and is much better.
Last edited by ZEvans96 on May 13 2014, edited 1 time in total.
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

As a developer, I can add that while there are AI improvements there is more than pure AI in SR1936. There are scripted events that move the AI nations forward so you might not be able to just sit there and build up as you mentioned. We've also improved naval AI, but still plan to add more as we work on update 1 and 2. etc.

Thanks for the comments about the GUI. We like the changes too. :wink:

We are also reading and listening for players to give specific examples of how the AI should act. And we filter these comments down to improvements we can make. With the events, I can take some what if conditions and trigger the AI to act in certain ways. I could for example, watch for the HUMAN player and if you build up too many bases, launch an attack early... OR... maybe these sorts of events are already there...? Who knows now. With over 10,000 event lines... (this adds to the AI comments above) we have the AI doing many things...

I'm not trying to convince you now... but perhaps watch for our update 1 and 2 to see if you can find unit movements that you are expecting and then jump on board.

- Daxon
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Is it possible to improve AI in the way not to move units all around from the one side of the region to the other all the time?
Woul'd be nice if AI just move it's troops into defensive positions and dig in...
Please teach AI everything!

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”