OK but how do install a mod?

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

rss0900
Warrant Officer

OK but how do install a mod?

Post by rss0900 »

I don't see instructions with some of these mods, for example I'm trying to install **Cold War Conversion - Hullu Hevonen for SR1936. Once downloaded it has a Supreme Ruler 1936 folder which I would assume you just drop right over the installed one and overwrite any files. But that does not work as any scenario I try to run just locks the game up. Is there a guide or help somewhere on how to install mods?

Edit - also downloaded Fistalis' mod for 2020 and put it in my 1936 install. The scenarios show up but the game crashes with these instead of just locking up.
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: OK but how do install a mod?

Post by Fistalis »

rss0900 wrote:
Edit - also downloaded Fistalis' mod for 2020 and put it in my 1936 install. The scenarios show up but the game crashes with these instead of just locking up.
Thats odd i just tested it without issue. Alls you do is unzip it and paste it into the 1936 folder. Make sure you get all the files.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
rss0900
Warrant Officer

RESOLVED: OK but how do install a mod?

Post by rss0900 »

Fistalis wrote:
rss0900 wrote:
Thats odd i just tested it without issue. Alls you do is unzip it and paste it into the 1936 folder. Make sure you get all the files.

I uninstalled the game and removed all files, then reinstalled and only installed your mod for 2020. It's working now ... I don't know??? I'd say it's kind of hard to mess up a copy and paste but evidently I must have. All is good after reinstall and it's working, so .... thank for the quick reply.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GKiW8kGozKM a tutorial on installing mods
Thanks to utilitythrone9 for the vid
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
UtilityThrone9
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Post by UtilityThrone9 »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GKiW8kGozKM a tutorial on installing mods
Thanks to utilitythrone9 for the vid
thanks!

Return to “Modding 1936”